Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't stop losing

So I've lost 137 lbs. I currently weigh 125. Never In my life would I have dreamed that was possible. I haven't had a fill in 2 years. My band is so moody sometimes I can't keep tea or juice down. Other days I can eat a whole sandwich then I can't eat a bite. And on top of all that I still feel huge. My body is nasty with extra skin everywhere. I know I have a body image issue but I've had it my whole life. I bought size 4 pants yesterday and I can't wrap my head around how I fit in them when I feel bigger

First of all congratulations on your success. It is an incredible achievement and deserves applause!! I'm only 2/3 of my way to goal, but as someone who once lost weight pre surgery and couldn't keep it off for more than a month, I am in this now for the lifetime maintenance.

I'm no expert but people further down this path than I am have strongly suggested therapy for adjusting to the new physical beings we are becoming. I see a therapist about once a month for divorce issues and I can surely see how a therapist could help me with body issues down the road.

Be patient with yourself, and give yourself time for your head to catch up with your outward self. Your success is an inspiration to me. I hope you are able to enjoy it!!

Nothing unusual there at all....you've lived your old life for many years, now you need to adjust to the new "Skinny" you.

For whatever reason, I have not had issues with saggy skin....my belly is as tight as a snare drum.

I think it has to do with the the way I work out at the gym, and how often, including all the Water I drink and Protein I take, Vitamins.....all of which can be contributed to good skin elasticity...

But now that you are skinny, you have to start to think and act as skinny people do....

as far as your title of the post "Can't Stop Loosing"

People think they can turn on or turn off this thing as if it were another diet.

People use the term "Goal" all the time...Whose goal? What do you expect to do when you reach it?

It is surgery that has changed the way we eat and how much.

There is no maintenance....it is a new normal lifestyle. And the body will continue to loose as long as it feels like it...what we need to be aware of is the Protein we take, and that we are loosing fat and nothing else.

And that cannot be determined by BMI's.

I kept right on loosing until one day it just stopped...did a body fat analysis and found I am at a very EXCELLENT body composition. I stopped loosing when the fat reached a very body fat %.

Have not gained nor lost weight in years.

And it's all band, not me.

Edited by B-52

So I've lost 137 lbs. I currently weigh 125. Never In my life would I have dreamed that was possible. I haven't had a fill in 2 years. My band is so moody sometimes I can't keep tea or juice down. Other days I can eat a whole sandwich then I can't eat a bite. And on top of all that I still feel huge. My body is nasty with extra skin everywhere. I know I have a body image issue but I've had it my whole life. I bought size 4 pants yesterday and I can't wrap my head around how I fit in them when I feel bigger

Oh boy do I understand your frame of mind. Same thing here. I'm down 150 lbs. and I weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 116-118 lbs. If not for the excess skin, I too would be wearing size 4. People call me skinny and I feel like a fraud. I am thin now...I know that. But I feel like a fat woman in this thin body. I agree with my friend JustWatchMe...think about seeing a therapist. I've been in therapy for a year already and I truly think it's vital for the psyche. Even my bariatric surgeon agrees. I saw her last week and she said I'm not the same person I was when I was obese and professional help is an important component in the journey.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Thanks yall. It's nice to talk to ppl who are going through the same thing.