Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Dreaded First Stall...

Ok. I have read so many posts about the stalls we all eventually will have. I get it. BUT... one thing I may have missed is how long does the "typical" stall last? Are we talking weeks, months...? And how many stalls have you personally had on your journey? It is Monday morning, my "weigh" day and I've been doing 5lb weeks, and I am slowing down; perhaps entering a stall of my own. My first. Just want to know what I can look "forward" to....Thanks everyone!

My stall lasted 3 very long and frustrating weeks. I just finished my 3rd month and I haven't had any other stalls (yet).

My first stall was 2 weeks. Just do what you are supposed to do and it will pass. No worries! It is not the end of the world!

ive had my first stall...it lasted about 9 days...im now back to losing regularly...

I had my surgery on 12/16...just two weeks ago and I have stalled. I'm not surprised, I actually expected it to happen awhile ago. I lost about 60 pounds prior to surgery, but was pleasantly surprised to lose 14 more in the past two weeks. I'd be happy to lose 1-2 pounds every couple of weeks as long as I reach goal by summer :). So, I'm just going to keep chugging along with Protein, exercise and following the food plan. I kind of want to get rid of my scale but my husband is attached to it!

I am 2 months post op and hit my first stall! It is very frustrating. It's been over a week. I also started working out at a bariatric gym 3 days a week for 1 1/2 hours so I am not sure if that has something to do with it. I am hoping like you it will pass soon because it is very frustrating

@@Disney24fan I've never heard of a bariatric gym. Can you tell me what that is?

This is a gym at the hospital where I had my surgery. It is used for other patients, but 4 days a week at a specific time it is just used for Bariatric patients or people who want to lose weight. I have never been to a gym before, but I feel completely comfortable going there. It's non judgmental and the trainers are great!

@@Disney24fan Oh that makes complete sense! It would be nice to workout with others who have been through WLS!

ive had my first stall...it lasted about 9 days...im now back to losing regularly...

I am only 20 days out and hit a stall right before 2 weeks. It is so weird. I'm eating how I'm supposed to yet I've been staying within the same weight (give or take 1/2 lb) for the last 7 or 8 days. Go figure.

Edited by Alfie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches