Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Oh and to the females, and guys please don't hijack the thought into something else, if you haven't bought new bras it's time. Some good support does wonders for making your waist look smaller. You're smaller, your tired bras don't fit anymore and what elastic they had in them is worn out from holding big, old, you together.

Just saying....

My bicycle seat hurts my behind. And it's the big cushy gel kind. :girl_hug:

HEY GUYS! I know all to well the feeling of the bike seat. I was in a very bad accident a few years ago, and I have really bad low back problems, so every chair I sit in gives me problems. However, in regards to the bike seat, it is not the seat, it is the bike. If you buy a bike that is cheap, you will tend to have more problems. However, if you make an initial investment, the bike will save you a lot of pain. I have a trek that has shock absorbers on both the front and back wheel, as well as a shock absorber below the seat. That is the only way I could ride a bike. It is really important to make sure that you take care of your body, and you are not experiencing discomfort, as this may actually cause additional health problems. Try going to several bike stores trying out different bikes, and see what feels good. As I said, you can buy whatever seat you want, but unless you have a bike that helps you, you are only going to continue to experience problems.

Wish you all luck!!!!

mcondjel

Hi- Welcome to the bycyling thread. We all make fun of how it's spelled, but I've come to love it.

We all love biking and are happy to have a new cyclist with us.

I fucking hate this computer. I get a fucking response typed up and I hit something and it erases it, in a nano second. Fugly Slut computer!

I fucking hate this computer. I get a fucking response typed up and I hit something and it erases it, in a nano second. Fugly Slut computer!

D - You just made my wife's day!! I think "fugly slut computer" will be her new saying for everything that's wrong with the world...

B

Went to the doc today for my 2-week follow-up. Got a gold star... I can start riding the trainer as soon as I want - might not do it tonight, it's 80 degrees in Texas in August - I'm going for a walk, I think.

mcondjel - Welcome. And I agree, a properly fit and adjusted bike is critical to reducing the likelihood of injury and discomfort.

JC - I hate it when they make ya work for a living... Bastards...

B

It is totally the key to having a great ride! I had not ridden bikes for years, and I went for a ride on my friends bike and I was thinking "what the hell kind of torture is this?" Now I got the bike I have and I have relatively no pain, and I can ride for a fairly long time, just pacing myself, and enjoying the ride. Before this past year (bad spat of pneumonia because of my allergies and asthma) I was up to riding 20 miles. Of course now I can barely ride 3, but it is all good, I am working my way back up!!!!!

Anyhow, I live on A1A by the beach, so I always have an awesome ride, so the way I always went for long rides is to just focus on how pretty it was around me. Hope you all can do the same!!!!

I get the rolling green hills of Ohio. The seasons change so there little riding in the winter, but some hard core folks do it if it's not icy. I'll wave at them from my heated car.

D I hate when computers do that!

B Awesome report back from the doc. How are feeling in general? Are you sleeping okay?

not on here much tonight, but wanted to say hello to everyone....

where are you at tonight JC???

J - I feel pretty good. Still a little tender in the port area, but it's not too bad (not even taking Tylenol for it). sleep is good, I can finally sleep on my stomach again, which makes me very happy. I am drinking the SleepyTime tea, which has helped immensely. I'll have to be careful not to overdo it without having any pain or discomfort to disuade me.. Thanks for asking! OOoo, and big day, I get to add crumbled crackers to my soup....

mcondjel - I had almost the same experience - I bought a bike, started getting some distance and speed built up, got strep (but didn't know it), sucked it deep down into my lungs while huffing and puffing on the bike, and was off of it for the next two months. My doctor said, "I usually never say this to anyone, but you have to stop exercising for a while..." My lungs still haven't fully healed, but they've been busted for nearly 20 years... Sounds like you have some beautiful biking. Here in Texas, I bike amongst the corn fields, we have two seasons - "scorching hot" and "not quite scorching hot".

B

B, so glad you got a clean slate from doc. NOW, get on that trainer!!! Texas is HOT!!! I would hate to be riding there, but I guess you get used to it. We have seasons here in Idaho here. We can get down to 20 below and up to 120. Both of those are rare, but we have dry heat, not so much humidity.

Yes, I think I need so destress. It is only on LBT that my computer does this stupid shit. I will type up a response and then it seems like my fingers are flying so fast they hit some button and my respons is gone. Then I retype it and it happens again and again. TOday it happened about 10 times in a row. Hence the nasty swear words.

Fugly Sluts comes from the movie Mean Girls. One of DD favorite movies.

Oh god, went and tried on scrubs today. Got 2x pants and shirts. Purple. I look like a freakin' grape!!