Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cz? diamond? white topaz?

My mom has gold ring with a heart-shaped yellow topaz with seed pearls set around it which my dad gave to her in the '69-'70 time-frame. She hasn't worn it since I was a little girl. And I have always loved it! Since those are ~quite coincidentally~ the birthstones of my kids, I have secret plans to ask for it once the ring will fit my finger again. Shhh! :kiss Who knows if she'd pass it along to me "now" or "in the end" but it never hurts to ask! :)

Actually, both my mom & daughter were born in June... Pearls are now the substitute for Alexandrite, just as Citrine has come to replace the yellow Topaz for November babies. Oh, how my mom has always wanted a chunk of natural alexandrite!!

Personally I don't think one has to do anything :eek:

My wedding set is with CZ stones in it, and I think it's beautiful. But I had some sort of allergic reaction to my rings, so I just use my engagement band as a wedding band. It's just a plain golden band, which is quite common where I come from :P (Norway)

I like the real thing best, of course, but am perfectly fine with imitation and simi precious. I love my wedding band-- a diamond rose with two saphire leaves. With my current lifestyle being so busy with five kids and our own business, I worry too much about jewelry being damaged or lost. Plus, my financial priorities don't include jewelry at this time-- kid's clothes for summer, new bikes, swimming pool, Lap Band, etc. There are many seasons of a woman's life and eventually diamonds will be more a part of one of those seasons ;-)

I'm picky and my taste is very plain when it comes to jewelry. My wedding band is a cathedral mount princess solitaire and I wear channel set princess bands on either side. Anniversary ring is a traditional three stone ring that I'm now wearing a plain gold band on top of, to keep it from falling off my finger. I have a pair or princess studs that I wear in my 2nd holes. I don't care for any diamond cuts other than princess and trillion. I hate baguettes. I don't care for colored stones. People always want to buy them for me, especially amethyst, my birthstone, which is my least favorite.

;)

I love really natural looking jewlery. You know, turquoise, carnelian, agate, coral, stuff like that. I also really like pearls, mainly black or golden ones. Although, a stately white pearl necklace is beautiful. I like some of the colored gemstones, like my birthstone peridot, but most of them just look cold to me.

I am not a fan of diamonds, mainly because I can't get over how inflated the price is. Emeralds are rarer than diamonds, yet diamonds are a whole lot more expensive than emeralds.

All this is moot, though, because I never wear jewelry. I hate the feel of something on my skin. It makes me feel very hot, for some reason. I can barely wear my watch. If I get hot, I have to take it off, and that makes me automatically feel much cooler.

I love Jewelry, I sold fine jewelry for seven years. I originally did not care for diamonds, but I learned to respect them, and now I love them but would not spend the money on them even if I could afford the larger ones. It would just crush me if I lost one, or if it was stolen, or get mugged for one. I really enjoy the diamonique rings from qvc, and thier epiphany rings are so great, the ones I own are often mistaken for the real thing. I could tell a difference when they are side by side to real diamonds, but the fakes are so fun to wear and guilt free, no blood diamonds for me.

I have a friend that wears an eight carat solitare, and wow its beautiful, and she dropped it in a parking lot and went shopping for about 2 hrs before she noticed it was missing. She retraced her steps and was astonished to see it on the pavement next to her car. She said it was the worst feeling she ever experienced. I know there was devine intervention for her on that one.

Having sold so many diamonds, I heard all the worst stories about people that lost thier diamonds. I just cant invest in something that is so easily lost. The only way to never loose one is to just never take it off!!

Thats why I love the fakes so much. They are just pure fun!

My mother came from an interesting background. On her father's side the family was what is called "landed gentry" and there are a number of titles in the family. Indeed my mother's maiden name was what is often referred to as a double barrelled one - this means that her surname came with a hyphen.

Nevertheless, she chose to marry a Jewish refugee who had managed to make it over to England during the 2nd World War. They opted to emigrate and they ended up in Canada, their second choice. Their first choice was Australia, by the way.

My mum never had much in the way of good jewellery. She had a few antique pieces, some of which were set with poorly cut precious stones. She had her own copy of her family's signet ring and she had also amassed a few other pieces of real jewellery. Although she had always said that her jewllery, such as it was, would eventually go to me, her only daughter, she ended up giving most of her few finer pieces away before she died.

I spent much of my adult life being careful about my finances and it wasn't until I was almost 50, living in a very nice house which I had mostly paid off and involved in a stable relation, when I received my first offer of serious jewellery - and here I am speaking of the gold and diamond type. It was at this point that my mate trotted me down to Tiffany and bought me a saphire and diamond ring. Since then I have obtained a few other serious pieces of jewellery, or bling!, thanks to my husband for the most part.

The oh so sad bit is that I suit silver much better than I do gold. I do have a lot of silver jewellery, and some of it is quite dramatic because it is so large and so intricate. Lots of my silver stuff is set with semi-precious stones.

So that is my boring story about my relationship with bling.:notagree

I always wear something, but not a lot all at once. The pieces I have are simple and modern. My wedding band/engagement rings are titanium with tiny diamonds inset into them. Most of my jewelry is from TeNo and Boccia, who specialize in beautiful modern stainless steel and titanium jewelry.

Even though I'm not a huge Frank Gehry fan, I love some of the pieces he did for Tiffany's.

I have to check out this guy Frand Gehry, I love to find new sources! Thanks!

My ring is the real thing. I have a 1.38 carat pear-shaped solitaire with a round anniversary band on one side and a pointed anniversary band on the other side to accomodate the point of the pear...it looks like it sits in a guard but it doesn't. Even though my solitaire is an expensive piece, my bands were only $50 each (real diamonds). If you like the idea of the diamond for the quality but not the price, check out moissanite. It's as close to a diamond you can get without being made by nature. It even fools most jewelers!

the real thing. I worked for a few years in jewelry and gained alot of experience on purchasing stones so I love finding the perfect stone. though to be honest with the high quality of synthetic man made diamonds though there still on the small side I'd be willing to give them a try since there just as hard and unless tested with uv light they are undetectable.