Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Janet....girl you are only a hair away from Onederland, you got this!!!!:clap2:

Mango...Good luck finding a WII...My son is almost 16 and he is wanting one. Noone has them, and if they do they sell out within 30 mins. But I was going to let you know that you can go to Walmart.com and buy an actual WII gift card. I guess if I cant get an actual WII, then I will just give him this card hes old enough to wait.....

Tammy...Welcome to our forum...You will love it here.

Nichole......grrrrrr....you just keep bringing up the exercise challenge that I have been ignoring for a couple of weeks now:heh:...Must be a sign...lol....So put me down...I dont know what the levels mean tho.....

Phyl....congrads on getting to meet with Janet. I know you two must of had a wonderful time...Its always cool to put a face with a name....

As for me still doing good... Tried one of those new Sammies at Quiznos. Man are they good. the best 2 bucks I ever spent. 300 cals and so very filling..I am a PBer and Slimer and I ate it just fine.... I go for my 3rd fill Jan 7th. What a good date, get thru the holidays and then I get a tune up....lol

Marcy - My children are 22 and 15. The rule in my house is, You don't believe, you don't receive. I will not answer questions about where something came from. It came from Santa.

JNichole......grrrrrr....you just keep bringing up the exercise challenge that I have been ignoring for a couple of weeks now:heh:...Must be a sign...lol....So put me down...I dont know what the levels mean tho.....

Distant, I'm not keeping track of the levels and actually forgot who was. All I know is that I'm down for Level 3...but we'll see. :)

Marcy, You took your slimfast shakes along on the cruise....I'm impressed! I thought about it, but decided that I was going on vacation and I would just try to eat sensibly. And I did go to the fitness center five times on the cruise to work out and we walked alot on the decks or the islands we visited. I did kind of miss my shakes though. Great that you didn't gain any weight. I gained two, but lost them in two days, so not complaining in the least.

I've got a sinus infection and went to my internist today and according to their scale and the last time they weighed me (at the start of my pre-op diet), I've lost 51 pounds. Per my scale, it is 48.5 pounds. Down to 161 and should be in the 150's soon. It will be curious to see what the surgeon's scale shows. 3rd fill appt was scheduled for today, but moved to next Friday because he went out of town. And tonight I had a message that he was oversees and had a medical emergency (?) and wouldn't be home until late that night, so I need to reschedule again, so it will probably be the following week.

I'm fine with it. Don't know that I need a fill anyway and that gives me more time to make 50 pounds if I can! Can't wait!

I get complements from strangers, people who I know by face at work, but don't know their name. They probably know mine, because I'm in upper managment, though. But anyway, I love it and I love wearing the smaller sized clothes!

It's so good to be back in the desert! It's so nice and warm down here and I LOVE the sunshine. We've been here two days and today we started back to Water aerobics. It felt really good, but I'll probably be hurting tomorrow morning! After the first 5 minutes I wondered how or if I'd make it through the whole hour, but I did. We use a 60 minute tape, so there's no slack time... have to keep moving. And that got me to drinking my crystal lite, too!! It was a good workout.

:):Banane30::car:

Nicole,

I grew up in South Omaha but moved to Lincoln in High School. Now I'm 37 and about 6yrs ago we moved the family outside of Lincoln to an acreage.

Ok, just to clear things up again... there are 2 December challenges.

The first one is to exercise 20 times within the month. This is being managed by Forgive/Nicole.

The second one is a weight loss challenge between the height of the holidays. This is being managed by me. There or 3 levels, ranging between maintaining your weight, losing 1-4 lbs or losing 5 lbs or more. The time period is between Dec. 15 to Jan. 2. So again, here they are:

Level 1 = no gaining

Level 2 = lose 1 to 4 lbs

Level 3 = lose 5 or more lbs

Here's who I have along with their levels:

Janet/Indio = Level 2

Linda = Level 2

Nicole = Level 3

Salsa/Karri = Level 3

Ribearty = Level 1

Sunny = Level 2

Mango = Level 2

Jackie = Level 2

Distant = ???

I will send a reminder to everyone on the 15th to send me your weight and again on Jan. 2nd.

I was dreading the exercise challenge, but now am looking forward to it, as I'm goal motivated, so need this to get off my butt!!!

The first one is to exercise 20 times within the month. This is being managed by Forgive/Nicole.

The second one is a weight loss challenge between the height of the holidays. This is being managed by me. There or 3 levels, ranging between maintaining your weight, losing 1-4 lbs or losing 5 lbs or more. The time period is between Dec. 15 to Jan. 2. So again, here they are:

Level 1 = no gaining

Janet/Indio = Level 2

Linda = Level 2

Nicole = Level 3

Salsa/Karri = Level 3

Ribearty = Level 1

Sunny = Level 2

Mango = Level 2

Jackie = Level 2

Distant = ???

I will send a reminder to everyone on the 15th to send me your weight and again on Jan. 2nd.

I was dreading the exercise challenge, but now am looking forward to it, as I'm goal motivated, so need this to get off my butt!!!

Add me, Kathy.... Level 2. Thanks.

Hi 7s :wave:

I've been missing for a couple of weeks now. Don't feel bad if you didn't notice, I'm one of those people you don't miss until I show up again. :heh:

It's a little late in the evening so I don't want to get into the reason behind my absence tonight, just wanted to say it's good to be back. :biggrin1: I need to catch up on all the posts I've missed and I'll do that tomorrow.

Tonight though I wanted to make sure I was registered for the December challenges. I'm pretty sure I already told Nicole to count me in, but in case I didn't - count me in.

Also for the weight loss challenge, put me down for Level 3. I figure I'll aim high and if I don't make my goal, there are other smaller goals there that will be my back-up.

BTW, I missed my Thanksgiving target. I was 205 when I started the challenge and am 203 today. I'm not down about that, as will be explained tomorrow.

G'night for now my lovlies. :notagree

Janet: Tell the little snot that you are 112 and well preserved for your age.

Mango: I like your responce better. It was good

Janet and Phyl: I am jealous you two met up. Anyone here from Michigan? Or I will be in Florida for a month this winter. How about there?

Challengers: I think I will just stick with the excersize one since I do it anyway. I go next week for my fourth fill and I hope it will work. It should since my last one has worked a little. Stuff gets stuck and I even PB'd.

Level 1 = no gaining

Janet/Indio = Level 2

Linda = Level 2

Nicole = Level 3

Salsa/Karri = Level 3

Ribearty = Level 1

Sunny = Level 2

Mango = Level 2

Jackie = Level 2

Distant = ???

Kathy.....Gotcha!!! Im gonna go for level 3. Hopefully this stand still will seize.

:update:

Okay, so my new and exciting news that I wanted to share with you all is that as an early Christmas surprise, my hubby got me a boob job!!!:wow2:

We went for what I thought was a preliminary consultation for something I wanted done some time next year when my weight was down at least the upper hundreds. But no, unbeknown to me my hubby had arranged for me to tell the doctor what I was looking for, what size I wanted, etc, etc. And then hubby secretly called back and booked the surgery for Nov 14.

As there weren't any pre-op requirements other than discontinuing my Vitamins for a week. He hid my supply and knows me soooooooooo well where I believed I'd misplaced them myself and would continue to "remind" myself every day to get more but forget every single time. :embarassed:

So come the evening of the 13th, just as we're getting into bed, my hubby says, I have a surprise for you in the morning. Don't eat or drink anything, we're getting up early to go for a Breakfast surprise appointment at 8am. YAY! I thought and went off to sleep mildly excited about the change in routine in the morning.

An hour before surgery I was required to take 2 pills. As the doctor's office is a 45 minute drive away, he told me to pop them just as we were walking out the door. Of course I'm telling him I'm not putting anything weird in my system at all and refuse. He kissed me and said "Trust me!" Well, I trust my husband with my life and my soul, so took these two pills and off we set.

Then we arrived at the surgeons office and he turns to me and tells me "Babe, you know that boob job you've wanted even more and WAY before you lap band surgery? Well you're getting it today. Now. That's why we're here."

I burst into tears I was so happy! He knows how long my battle with my "oranges in a sock" has been going on for. Probably as long as my battle with weight. The ONLY thing I liked about being fat was that I had large breasts, and I liked that. Even though I had to lift them up and stuff them into my bra to make them look decent, I always felt better about myself when my breasts looked "okay", even if they weren't really.

So I got a lift and had boobs installed that day and of course it derailed me from the TG weight loss challenge. Pre-surgery my weight was at 203, the day after it went up to 212, today it's back at 203. So even though I didn't meet my target for TG I take into consideration that I'm also carrying around extra weight with my implants. They're BIG ones. I was a 38DD prior to surgery and the bra I'm wearing today is 38H. :biggrin1:

I know large breasts isn't everyone's idea of a good thing, but my hubby is a boob man and I've always liked them big, not so much when they sagged, so we are very VERY happy campers today.

I had to stop exercising completely for a week. I got back onto the treadmill for the first time last Friday and took it very slowly and I felt fantastic!!!! It was all I could do to stop myself from playing air guitar through my Queen music on my iPod the entire time. LOL

So that's my news and it's given me more pep in my step and helped me more than I expected when it comes to food control. I'm happier. My nipples no longer point to the ground!

Courtesy of Queen:

Don't stop me now,

I'm having a such a good time,

I'm having a ball.

Don't stop me now,

If you wanna have a good time,

Just give me a call.

Don't stop me now (cos I'm having a good time)

Don't stop me (yes I'm having a good time)

I don't wanna stop at all......

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

They're BIG ones. I was a 38DD prior to surgery and the bra I'm wearing today is 38H. :biggrin1:

It is funny that what is a blessing for one is a curse for another. I am so glad that I am finally losing in my boobs! I was a DDD when I started and am now down to a DD. I would be very happy if they went to a C! My BF said that he would be alright with a C, but I don't really know if he would be HAPPY about it.

So my scale has finally stalled, but when I was trying to find something to wear this morning, I couldn't find anything to wear. i went through 18 shirts (not an exaggeration) trying to find something that didn't make me look the marshmallow man. Everytime I would put a shirt on, my boyfriend would just shake his head. By the time I was done, we left late for work and I had 3 shirts left in my closet. So even though I am addicted to the scale, even I have to not look at it sometimes. I wasn't going to break down and get clothes, but I don't have a choice. Teaching high school is tough enough when you don't look like fool in your clothing!

So now we are going shopping this afternoon when we are both done with work. I won't buy much because I am broke, but I need something. I am going to hit up the thrift stores hoping that I can find clothes that fit and aren't hideous! Who knows, maybe I won't have to shop in the plus sized sections any more! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Okay, so my new and exciting news that I wanted to share with you all is that as an early Christmas surprise, my hubby got me a boob job!!!:wow2:

We went for what I thought was a preliminary consultation for something I wanted done some time next year when my weight was down at least the upper hundreds. But no, unbeknown to me my hubby had arranged for me to tell the doctor what I was looking for, what size I wanted, etc, etc. And then hubby secretly called back and booked the surgery for Nov 14.

As there weren't any pre-op requirements other than discontinuing my Vitamins for a week. He hid my supply and knows me soooooooooo well where I believed I'd misplaced them myself and would continue to "remind" myself every day to get more but forget every single time. :embarassed:

So come the evening of the 13th, just as we're getting into bed, my hubby says, I have a surprise for you in the morning. Don't eat or drink anything, we're getting up early to go for a breakfast surprise appointment at 8am. YAY! I thought and went off to sleep mildly excited about the change in routine in the morning.

An hour before surgery I was required to take 2 pills. As the doctor's office is a 45 minute drive away, he told me to pop them just as we were walking out the door. Of course I'm telling him I'm not putting anything weird in my system at all and refuse. He kissed me and said "Trust me!" Well, I trust my husband with my life and my soul, so took these two pills and off we set.

Then we arrived at the surgeons office and he turns to me and tells me "Babe, you know that boob job you've wanted even more and WAY before you lap band surgery? Well you're getting it today. Now. That's why we're here."

I burst into tears I was so happy! He knows how long my battle with my "oranges in a sock" has been going on for. Probably as long as my battle with weight. The ONLY thing I liked about being fat was that I had large breasts, and I liked that. Even though I had to lift them up and stuff them into my bra to make them look decent, I always felt better about myself when my breasts looked "okay", even if they weren't really.

So I got a lift and had boobs installed that day and of course it derailed me from the TG weight loss challenge. Pre-surgery my weight was at 203, the day after it went up to 212, today it's back at 203. So even though I didn't meet my target for TG I take into consideration that I'm also carrying around extra weight with my implants. They're BIG ones. I was a 38DD prior to surgery and the bra I'm wearing today is 38H. :biggrin1:

I know large breasts isn't everyone's idea of a good thing, but my hubby is a boob man and I've always liked them big, not so much when they sagged, so we are very VERY happy campers today.

I had to stop exercising completely for a week. I got back onto the treadmill for the first time last Friday and took it very slowly and I felt fantastic!!!! It was all I could do to stop myself from playing air guitar through my Queen music on my iPod the entire time. LOL

So that's my news and it's given me more pep in my step and helped me more than I expected when it comes to food control. I'm happier. My nipples no longer point to the ground!

Courtesy of Queen:

Don't stop me now,

I'm having a such a good time,

I'm having a ball.

Don't stop me now,

If you wanna have a good time,

Just give me a call.

Don't stop me now (cos I'm having a good time)

Don't stop me (yes I'm having a good time)

I don't wanna stop at all......

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

WOW Frustrated....Sounds like you got you a GOOD man, A booby man of course, but definitley a good man. Thats is one of the sweetest storys I have heard in a while!!