Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

HMMM, this is odd. I did get on and post yesterday, but I don't see it. My computer was putting around again, so I'm not sure what happened.

ANyway, I did eat salad for the first time yesteray. I burped Italian dressing even 3 hours after lunch, so that wasn't good. Yuck. But it tasted good. I loaded it with Protein.< /p>

Hope everyone is doing good today. It's Clean up my house Saturday, so I'll check in periodically.

Have a great day.

I got two pleasant surprises. My work does jeans days and my jeans are too big so I thought I could wear a jean skirt longer if it were bigger than pants since you only really have to worry about the waist. I took two sizes into the dressing room and the smaller size fit perfectly.

I am also down another 2 pounds as well.

I am still having pain in my right side so am going to get that checked out since I see the doctor on Wednesday for my first fill.

ribearty, congrats. That's awesome. I put on a pair of jeans this week, and almost fell over, because they weren't tight anymore. It feels great doesn't it!!

How fun that everyone seem to be posting today!

Caz: I am completely opposite you! When busy with volunteering/driving kids/sports events/errands/etc. I do great. For me that is my "work" but when I am home - I eat. Much harder for me at home and actually lots of my "work" is at home. I think it must go back to our old habits. I gained lots of my weight snacking at the computer. I am working hard to curb that habit, but am surprised how often I find myself getting up to graze or actually back at the computer with a snack! As I make progress breaking the habit I am noticing I get more done without the snack. It must be an avoidance thing for me.

Auntie Phil: I wish an excercise for you! One that won't hurt your knees. Maybe some arm stuff? Crunches? Anything to build a bit of muscle to help your body burn calories faster. I wonder if anyone makes a dvd/video for people with bad knees? My knees are doing a bit better the more I lose. Are you finding your's are better than they were? I like the swim idea if you could work that out? Always wishing you the best (You feel like my first really wonderful Aunt!)

Jackie: I got my band because of the exact same Aunt Flo issues. I CRAVE everything the week before and a bit at the beginning. Any other time I am mostly in control of what I put in! I went through the first pre-week while traveling and did notice I was eating more, thinking of food, craving things and giving in some BUT in the end I did WAY BETTER than in the past and I am sure you are finding the same thing! We have to figure out some tricks to get us past the hard days. I wonder if I could put myself back on more liquids/mushies during that week? If anything works for you, I'd love the tip!!!

Ribeartyand Lynette: Congrats of the skirt and loose jeans!! How fun!

Everyone: Keep up the good work. We are all so blessed to be able to have this great tool to regain our health and live our lives more fully. I already notice more energy and better sleep, yeah!! CC

Auntie Phil: I wish an excercise for you! One that won't hurt your knees. Maybe some arm stuff? Crunches? Anything to build a bit of muscle to help your body burn calories faster. I wonder if anyone makes a dvd/video for people with bad knees? My knees are doing a bit better the more I lose. Are you finding your's are better than they were? I like the swim idea if you could work that out? Always wishing you the best (You feel like my first really wonderful Aunt!) CC

CC: Part of the problem is I am a great procrastinator. I found a pool less than 10 miles away where I could go do Water aerobics, inside, for about a dollar a session. But because of summer swimming lessons you either have to go before 8:30 a.m. (I am NOT a morning person) or after lunch.. like 1:30, I think. And I don't like to wear a swim suit in front of kids and/or teenagers! So I've been thinking, after school starts, THEN I"ll go. But I know I won't because that'll be after Labor Day and we're going to go to NY to see my Mom & sisters for a week or so. Maybe after that I'll go!! But once we get to Southern CA... about 1 Dec, then we do water aerbics EVERY weekday morning all winter. And I don't get away with "oh, I don't feel like it today" because my DH won't let me. I did buy a 3# barbell type thing to exercise my arms, but mostly it sits on the floor next to my chair! I need someone with a whip to make me do SOMETHING!! I am making myelf walk more rather than depend on my scooter everywhere (outside, church, etc).

Thanks for your interest. The scale did move today.... 2#, or 1# depending on which time you believed the scale... My scale is a good one, but not consistent! So I get weighed a whole bunch of times each morning & use the weight that pops up the most!

:banana:Banane30::):Banane43::Banane21::huggie::Banane21::Banane21::Banane43::)

oh my Gosh, your Weight LOSS has been awesome for 5 weeks... You are doing Great!!!

The calories that you are sticking to are controlled, and you are eating all the right things!!! ( I wish I had been that good ;-((( )

I have my fill on Mon 27th and right now I can't fill myself at all between meals my stomach is RUMBLING all the TIME....

I just had tuna for lunch, 2 eggs for Breaky, then some more TUNA for a snack at 4:20 and I'm ready to EAT again!!!

Oh drat!!! But DH is taking me out tonight for dinner as it's my BD next wk and I'll have had my fill by then... and hopefully I will be restricted and NOT able to eat a whole lot anymore...

YOU KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING.... you rock!

Did I read that right? You got banded July 21 and you've already had a fill???

Wow, I am having to wait 6 wks before my first fill.

At least you dont have to wait 3 months like me . Actually I was sneaky though and got it moved up to 2 1/2 months which is 10 wks. I AM REALLY HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME TRYING NOT TO EAT ALL THE TIME. i AM SO HUNGARY.

I keep reminding myself that 1-3 pounds a week is good! When we were on pre-op and liquids it was fun to lose weight so fast BUT our skin will probably do better as we settle into the 1-3 range. Of course 3 sounds soooo much better than one! I am promising myself to be content if I only see 1/week. I'll shoot for 2-3 though!!

Phyllis, I do think your current numbers are wonderful. I think the "slow down" hits us hard, but it is to be expected. Your travel plans sound fun! I am also a procrastinator. Maybe all of us who have a hard time actually getting ourselves exercising (rather than planning or thinking about it only) should create some kind of challenge where we commit to doing something, anything, even for 2 minutes! Once we see we can do that, it will be easier to do 3 then 4 then 5.......

I did work out for the first time this week. Stomach exercises were not possible. They actually hurt (near my port) Probably too soon. Otherwise it felt good. It was just a matter of getting over the getting myself there, and taking the time to bother. CC

ribearty, congrats. That's awesome. I put on a pair of jeans this week, and almost fell over, because they weren't tight anymore. It feels great doesn't it!![/quote

Me and my husband went out last night and listened to a really good band play. They played a lot of 80's and 90's dance songs so we got up to dance. I knew that my jeans were filling really loose but didnt realize how loose until I got to dancing. I had to keep puling them up and hang on to them or else they would have slipped right off. I think I will get a smaller size now. ha ha

Peaches, Hi there! Looks like you and I are about the same weight. I started the pre-op diet at 209.5, but my highest weight a number of years back was 246. It is so exciting going down in sizes and going back through the old clothes, isn't it?

hi everyone,

just dropping in quickly to say hi and also bye bye off to italy in a few hours so need to catch some sleep.

i haven't seen my dad in since the opp and my mom its been 5 weeks since seeing her so i hope they notice the difference.

i'll try check in while i'm over there but in case i dont best of luck to every with fill and so on.

love you all can't wait to report back.

ciao ciao belle amici

xx

hi everyone,

just dropping in quickly to say hi and also bye bye off to italy in a few hours so need to catch some sleep.

i haven't seen my dad in since the opp and my mom its been 5 weeks since seeing her so i hope they notice the difference.

i'll try check in while i'm over there but in case i dont best of luck to every with fill and so on.

love you all can't wait to report back.

ciao ciao belle amici

xx

Dini girl, Have a wonderful, wonderful trip!! I will be waiting to hear all the details when you get back, if not before.

Ciao!

ANyway, I did eat salad for the first time yesteray. I burped Italian dressing even 3 hours after lunch, so that wasn't good. Yuck. But it tasted good. I loaded it with Protein.< /div>

Lynette, don't you just hate it when you do that. I love bell peppers but I cannot eat them because I will burp them all day. They aren't as good the 2nd time around :huggie:

My doc was concerned that my band may be too tight but I have had no troubles. Tonight I ate a little more than 1/2 of a small wendy's chili and 1/3-1/2 of a baked potato. Does this seem like too much to you???

Just stopping by the join and say hello to fellow July banders. I was banded July 31st...doing and feeling great so far. My port incision is still healing, can't wait til the scab falls off already! I am scheduled to have my first fill Sept. 10th. I'm so excited...and a little nervous but I'm ready to tighten 'er down!

Well solids are nice! I had canadian bacon and one piece of low cal wheat toast for b'fast, a salad with one and a half chicken tenders cut up on it for lunch. Then for dinner 4 oz of ribeye grilled to perfection by my DH and a small salad. Delicious. And even with a snack, calories were lower than before and I feel full. Can't really tell that there has been any difference since the feel, but I'm feeling comfortable, so that is all that counts, right?!!!