Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I went to NYC days 6-10 post surgery. I had read (sometimes not wise!) about flying being a problem, hence worry. Worry wasn't needed. Flying was no problem!! I even ate a tiny bit of the meal each way (chewed thousands of times!) It is pretty easy to find food in NYC, but I found my most mushy options were carbs. Now I feel like I will need to break the carb addiction thing again. If I eat the ANY carbs I seem to crave them. Back to the Protein Shakes for a day! I am actually enjoying feeling my tummy rumble! I means my body will use some of the stores I created over the years and I am LOSING WEIGHT!! Yeah.

Oh, and my doctor gave me an antibiotic for the area near my port incision that was warm to the touch, knotted and red. It is feeling much better 7 days later. It probably was a slight infection, but he doesn't want it to have been one - because he said he has never had any patient get one. I'm guessing when I go back he'll proclaim it was nothing. That is probably why he has never (over 3000 lapbands) had anyone get infected!

Thank you everyone for helping me get through the early days. I no longer regret my band. Now I look at others and hope they can have one someday too! CC

One more thing! BURPING. I was grossed out when they told me to burp in recovery. I was raised NOT TO BURP! My husband was sitting there! Yuck. Now I discover that I really can burp! Not just like when you were a kid and you would try to do it on purpose and a little noise would come out. This is real.

Question: Do you think this is forever??? Will I need to burp every time I eat?? Maybe I am skipping ahead too fast? More healing needed? Eating too spicy? Getting too much air when I eat? OR Does the band make air get stuck in my pouch? Burping help please!!! CC

Thanks, Dini and dmtjet!

I am currently in Bandster Hell. My first fill is on Wednesday. Right now I can eat anything and I do mean ANYTHING. I kinda got into a "last suppper" mode since I didn't really get to have one before surgery.

Morning Everyone, I've been really busy on my vacation. I now have a house full of guests (all sleeping in).

Still on liquids, but I don't really mind it much right now. I love Soup, and I've been making some yummy Soups to keep me happy. I've lost 22.5 pounds so far, and feel great.

I walked about 2.5 miles yesterday, and plan to go golfing tomorrow. If I can't swing, then I'll just walk with everyone.

Hope everyone is well. I didn't have time to catch up on the posts. Take care, I'll check in again in a few days.

Kathy, Impressed with the walking! I keep making excuses and that won't get me to my goal. Thanks for the inspiration! CC

Cazulay and all the others that seem to watch the food Network, I feel like I am missing something right now! My hubby likes to watch Emeril and then my girls like The Take Home Chef, but haven't seen the one you speak of!!! Have to check that out, I guess!:)

Guilty as charged! Food Network is my favourite channel. Paula, Alton, Giada, Rachel... I feel they're part of my family. I get a lot of my recipes from there.

I no longer regret my band. Now I look at others and hope they can have one someday too! CC

I'm SO glad things worked out well for you. I was really worried for you there for a while.

We were out for dinner last night and I discovered that when I noticed someone who was overweight like me, I was thinking they would benefit so much from a lap band as I am. I hope I don't want to become one of those over-bearing preachy people! lol

I'm SO glad things worked out well for you. I was really worried for you there for a while.

We were out for dinner last night and I discovered that when I noticed someone who was overweight like me, I was thinking they would benefit so much from a lap band as I am. I hope I don't want to become one of those over-bearing preachy people! lol

Thanks Ruby, I still don't want to share that I even have a band! So no chance I'll be preaching in the near future!! I hope to become more a person that just doesn't think about food, mine, yours or theirs. That is what was wrong in my family - a mother trying to control the intake and weight of everyone, every minute. Not fun! CC

Hi all! I was banded on 7-30. Today is exactly 1 week and I've lost 12 pounds so far. But I'm HATING the liquids. I'm not starving, I just hate drinking all my meals. I miss chewing! And I don't particularly care for Protein Shakes.

But I keep reminding myself that it's only temporary and the payoff will be sweet. I just joined this site yesterday and you guys are helping me soooo much.

Hi all! I was banded on 7-30. Today is exactly 1 week and I've lost 12 pounds so far. But I'm HATING the liquids. I'm not starving, I just hate drinking all my meals. I miss chewing! And I don't particularly care for Protein Shakes. <br /> <br /> But I keep reminding myself that it's only temporary and the payoff will be sweet. I just joined this site yesterday and you guys are helping me soooo much.

I keep a packet of sugar-free gum with me to give my jaws a chewing workout. I don't miss chewing yet, but I've been on liquid diets where I have before so this time I'm prepared. happy.gif

Just don't make the mistake of swallowing the gum. :)

Hi all! I was banded on 7-30. Today is exactly 1 week and I've lost 12 pounds so far. But I'm HATING the liquids. I'm not starving, I just hate drinking all my meals. I miss chewing! And I don't particularly care for Protein Shakes.

But I keep reminding myself that it's only temporary and the payoff will be sweet. I just joined this site yesterday and you guys are helping me soooo much.

Can you have Soups? That really helped me through the liquid phase. Blended soups, some creamed soups, in my Magic Bullet. Sometimes added unflavored Protein. I'm on "mushies" now and still using the Bullet for all my meals.

No...really, that's ALL the posts there are for this morning? Hmmm....now I KNOW everyone is back to work! Hahaha!

Hello, back from my first day. It was great. Even stayed an hour longer to walk the floor with all the manages.

You first have to undestand I'm in charge of all the mannequins and graphics in my store, so to my surprise, as soon as I walked up to the doors, I have a 3 tier sign holder in the atrium. In it, someone had decorated 3 signs, the top one said Welcome, center one said Back, and the bottom one said Lynette. It was awesome. I also had a vase with a beautiful arrangement of flowers in it. How sweet. You think they missed me????

Then, I got my review today. I got an excellent, 3rd year in a row. It's a big to do for me, because they only hand out 2- Excellent ratings per store each year, so 2 out of 125 associates gets this honor. So yes, I love my job, and they love me, because I heard about it all day. They said I wasn't ever allowed to leave again. So I guess I'll be scheduling my October vacation at the last minute,LOL, for fear of it being unapproved!!

It's great to get back to life after surgery. I don't regret the extended time I took off because I enjoyed every last minute with my son, but I needed this day to come, and now that I'm home, it makes me teary eyed to know that everything is going to be great. I love my band, and the life I'm going to lead with it.

They even had donuts for Breakfast, but I didn't even look at them, wasn't even tempted by then, and that was the best feeling in the world.

I'm going to take a short nap with my son, but I'll check back in later!!