Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Lynette - the picture of the tattoo was just after it was done (last Aug.) and still had petroleum jelly type antibiotic all over it making it really stand out! A key to keeping tattoo color is to put sun-block on it and keep it out of the sun. It still looks good today though! About the belly-button ring...I had one in college and although the piercing itself wasn't too bad, it took SIX MONTHS to heal! Really, I had my pants unzipped for 6 months! Apparently, that's normal...I had a friend do it with me and she had the same thing. It's not red or anything, just painful...funny how that little hole hurt more than my three c-sections and this banding TOGETHER!

Welcome to the new folks and I'm glad to hear that healing is going so well with our group....no problems!

I don't know if it was a blessing or a curse that my doc let me progress on foods as I felt good about it....would I have been better off on a liquid diet for a couple of weeks like everyone else? As it was I was only on liquids for about 6 days! Now I can eat like a pig - if I want to. I started to just drink a Protein Shake for Breakfast and excersizing more so I hope that helps, I'd like to lose some lbs. before my first fill.

I have a tatoo on my back that signifyies my son. It's 3 Japanese symbols that say "language, hope, beloved". My son was born deaf, so it was my little prayer for him to learn somehow to communicate. I got it when he was 15 months old. Today he is 9, and speaks fairly well, and hears almost normally due to his cochlear implant. So I guess the prayer worked.

The tatoo is on over my right shoulder blade going down (3 symbols stacked).

Once my daughter's adoption is official (Sept), I'm getting another one for her on my left shoulder. The symbols will be "determination, strength, cherished".

ah Kathy that is lovely! i only want to get Annafrancesca name on my shoulder but i'm going to look into getting the symbols.

just reading your posts. i taught i never stopped for a moment but you dont stand still for a second do you. you need to RELAX AND PUT YOUR FEET UP.

I know what you are saying, I haven't lost anything since my first few post op days! I have been at a standstill ever since! Depressing! Sure hope all of a sudden, it just disappears!!! LOL

Momma who you telling!! i've even been filled and i've not lost a pound since the fill!! i went out last night for a b-day meal with all the girlfriends (you'l ll have to check out my pics when i get them up) i could eat everything. a bit of lamb got caught for a sec but i eat it all. i was supose to go for another fill today but Annafrancesca had some breathing problems nothing too serious but had to get it looked into but she's fine now. i'm hoping the nurse will fit me in asap b4 i eat the house clean!!!

i got a gift of a dress off 2 of the girls really really lovely. i went to try it on and it would not fit. my chest area where the zipper is stopped about 2ii from the top! then i looked at the size i taught it was a 16-18 uk (i think thats a 12-14 USA) guess what size it was it was a 14 (again i think a 10 USA) can you believe that? cos i can't this is a normal shop with normal sizes, a regular High Street Shop. well i've never been so happy. i'm hoping to squeeze into by italy which would be amazing!!!!

sorry i've been missing i was out all day yesterday! hows everyone doing

Dini, so exciting about the dress. You're doing so great, so keep it up.

Hope Annarancesca is ok. I had some problems with Hunter yesteday.

He's 3 and half and had his first bout of being "clogged up" and was crying yesteday. Had to get immediate help for him, so made a suppository(sorry if this is TMI)but anyway, 2 hours later, he was going.

He's not one to ever cry in pain, so I knew he was hurting, we we're both crying in the bathroom.

Marcy, I remember when I got my first tattoo, the guy told me the best think you could put on a tattoo is preperation H. He said is has the healing ingredient and an anti-inlammatory in it. So I went to get some at the store, with my ex at the time who was getting his tattoo the next day, and when we were up to the register I looked at my ex and said "Do you think we should get the bigger tube since you'll be getting yours tomorrow" The register clerk looked at me and her mouth dropped. I had to tell her what we were using it for, cause she was in shock thinking I could tell that my ex would need that for the next day!!!

It was so funny.

So being on liquids or 2 days again after my fill has done me good. I'm down 2 more lbs from Tuesday. Hope it stays off, but who knows. Back to mushys tonight and solids tomorrow,OMG!!

I was suprised to get right back on the computer with no problems today. I guess the yahoo messenger was freezing my computer. Now I wonder if I should try to download it again, since before it was downloaded before the new Nortons Security. Maybe downloading after the security is in place will be better. Any ideas would helpful!!

Lynette is Hunter ok now??

what is this stuff for tattoos yuor talking about?? and why was the shop assistant looking so funny!!! am i missing something?

baby's asleep i was hoping she's wake up got to go to the bank!!

oh my lord today i went to down stairs to collect my post. i was eating a cucumber, i got down and my lord i taught i was having some sort of heart attack it was so strange i wasn't minding the way i was eating i did think i was chewing enough but i gues i wasn't anyways after about 3 or 4 mins i was ok but i was like a baby teething really baby with dribble dribbling from my mouth. serves me right for not chewing propperly. so every CHEW CHEW CHEW!!!

Good morning.....post op day #2....didn't take any pain meds last night other than ibuprofen and didn't do half bad, slept through the night until about 6:20, got up and showered (now THAT felt heavenly) and did my ritual pill taking...slowly. Still sore as hell, but I'm walking my way through it. Weighed myself this morning and was 1 lb. up from my surgery date, so I wasn't too disappointed in that result.

I'm not usually the early bird here, but it's kind of nice to actually run into people...usually I'm here late at night when everyone has already gone off to bed. lol

I have to tell you all, despite the pain, I'm so jacked about this band, this tool and what I want it to do in the future. I can actually picture myself as a smaller person and really shopping outside of plus size stores. I'm so looking forward to that!!!

Lynette, glad to hear that your computer is now up and running smoothly, nothing more frustrating than not having computer access!!

Dini - I think it's cool that you will be going to Florida to get a tattoo from Miami Ink, I watch that show on occasion so remember to say a big hello to all your July banster buddies!!!

Celeste

I see alot of people listed online but no one is talking......there must be a special place you all are at......have a great day. Bye

Hey guys! I'm contemplating whether I should try to get on the treadmill for a 10 minute stint. I got banded 4 days ago. Do you guys think its too soon to do the treadmill? I've been walking around my parents house and the only pain I have thats due to movement is when I try to climb the stairs. I have the regular gas pain, stitches pain thingy going on.

Hey guys! I'm contemplating whether I should try to get on the treadmill for a 10 minute stint. I got banded 4 days ago. Do you guys think its too soon to do the treadmill? I've been walking around my parents house and the only pain I have thats due to movement is when I try to climb the stairs. I have the regular gas pain, stitches pain thingy going on.

I don't think it's too soon. I got on the treadmill 2 days after surgery. I took it very slowly. I had the speed at a constant 1.5 the entire time and was on it for 30 mins. I felt great! I've been on it for 30 mins a day ever since, slowly increasing the speed. I'm 7 days post-op today. I'm not there to work up a sweat or to drop the pounds, I'm simply there to get things moving and prepared for the time when I can work out without the physical restrictions. :Banane20:

There's no exact recipe, so just go at your own pace, for the amount of time you feel is right for you. There are no prizes for pushing yourself and being a hero, but the satisfaction I get from actually DOING something is quite the rush. Simple pleasures. :)

Your lists are awesome! Some of the things I didn't think of but certainly DO apply! I was banded 7/17 and it's been a whirlwind of activity since then...my ex-mom-in-law (my honorary "mom") was visiting during my surgery - also had our local 4-H county fair I had to work at a few days after, then took "mom" back to San Antonio - and squeezed my post-op appt. in on the way to SA. Needless to say - the activity has certainly helped keep my mind off of the pain (not much anyway now) - the hard part was all of the restaurants on our trip. I even sat in the car and ate a container of baby food while my daughter and "mom" ate filet mignon at one of my favorite rest. AUGH! BUT - the scale keeps moving down, and I feel full after eating a little. I'm starting to get hungry faster after I eat so am looking forward to my first fill to slow that down a little.

Anyway...my list...

- energy

- buying the cute clothes at the Harley shop to wear when I ride my bike

- shopping at "cool" stores and not looking at the back of the rack for the bigger sizes

- better sex life (I'm sure hubby's ready for that as well)

- feeling in control of my health

- cooking fun gourmet meals without eating too much

- looking great for my daughter's high school graduation in 2 years

- not feeling self-conscious at the front of the classroom with my back (and butt) facing the kids

- fitting comfortably in those damn airplane seats!

- amusement park rides

- my next class reunion!

Thanks for all of the continuing inspiration and advice! Nice to know I'm not alone!

Kim :biggrin1:

Good for you SSANKOFA - I just can't get myself motivated to exercise other than my normal activities. It's so hot here I hate to go outside, let alone walk - I think I'm just needing a swift kick in my butt...

babes everyone to there own, i know i totally took it easy for 2 weeks cos if you read back i was in agnoy i think i've suffered the worst and i wish it apon no-one anyways after two weeks i did a lot of fast walking and then i day b4 it was 1month post off i stated going to the gym. you'll know yourself what your able for but do take care

I see alot of people listed online but no one is talking......there must be a special place you all are at......have a great day. Bye

Did you get my PM??

Lynette is Hunter ok now??

what is this stuff for tattoos yuor talking about?? and why was the shop assistant looking so funny!!! am i missing something?

baby's asleep i was hoping she's wake up got to go to the bank!!

oh my lord today i went to down stairs to collect my post. i was eating a cucumber, i got down and my lord i taught i was having some sort of heart attack it was so strange i wasn't minding the way i was eating i did think i was chewing enough but i gues i wasn't anyways after about 3 or 4 mins i was ok but i was like a baby teething really baby with dribble dribbling from my mouth. serves me right for not chewing propperly. so every CHEW CHEW CHEW!!!

Hi, Dini,

To clear up your confusion, Preparation H is an ointment used for treatment of hemorrhoids...... except when Lynette puts it on her tattoos!!

:faint:

Ah Merci AuntyPhyl

thanks for that!!!! how you doing? have you been going on any moer exciting little holidays?