Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey all, the computer is working very good now. I really don't have time to go back and re read the post, SORRY!!!!

I've got so much cleaning to do today, and my DH wants to go to the flea market. I told him if we get this place cleaned up, we can go, so I'm off to clean, and then to the flea market for some excercise.

Oh, went to a 40th birthday party last night for one of Ray's friends. I did good. I had cheese off of 2 small pieces of pizza, and then had some cheeseball with 2 crackers, and 2 small meatballs with BBQ Sauce. The sauce I burped all night long, so it will be a while before I eat that again, but I thought in my first food EVERYWHERE situation, I held my composure. Felt weird as I was tryig to get all the almond pieces off the cheese ball, but I don't think anyone noticed me doing it, just I noticed.

Have a great day, and hope everyone is recovering well today.

I'll check in later!!

Chim and Sunny,

You are both such positive ladies!!! Very good for all of us to hear such positive things!!! Yeah, going to Wal-Mart does help with the walking! I did that, in fact, still do since it has rained nearly every day this summer in PA!!! SO I go to the gym, just to walk, afraid to do much more, anybody else out 2 weeks or more doing more exercise than that???? NOT sure what I should be doing!!! I know definitely the walking! Well, it's either the gym, the mall, or Wal-Mart! Our Wal-Mart is in a plaza, so I try to park on the other end of it and walk to Wal-Mart, between raindrops, and then back!!! At least, I feel like I've done something, lol!!!

Sunny, my fridge still looks like that, but I am finding my family is eating my stuff too! My youngest has been drinking the SlimFast drinks and also eating the Smart Ones Meals I bought for Pre-op!!! They all enjoy the SF fudgesicles, so they are always out!!! They seem to like all of it, my hubby even ate one of the baby food fruits the other evening!!! So not to worried about it!!! We are all trying to be a little more health conscious!!! My youngest has set a goal for herself, she never wants me to be a smaller weight than she is, lol!!!!! So I guess I motivated her too!!! LOL

Alesha, so sorry you aren't feeling well! Hope things improve rather quickly for you!!! Not fun to feel lousy!!!

Hey all, the computer is working very good now. I really don't have time to go back and re read the post, SORRY!!!!

I've got so much cleaning to do today, and my DH wants to go to the flea market. I told him if we get this place cleaned up, we can go, so I'm off to clean, and then to the flea market for some excercise.

Oh, went to a 40th birthday party last night for one of Ray's friends. I did good. I had cheese off of 2 small pieces of pizza, and then had some cheeseball with 2 crackers, and 2 small meatballs with BBQ Sauce. The sauce I burped all night long, so it will be a while before I eat that again, but I thought in my first food EVERYWHERE situation, I held my composure. Felt weird as I was tryig to get all the almond pieces off the cheese ball, but I don't think anyone noticed me doing it, just I noticed.

Have a great day, and hope everyone is recovering well today.

I'll check in later!!

Lynette, Sounds like you did very well at the gathering!!!! AWESOME! Isn't it a relief to know we CAN do it and it really isn't soooo bad????

I gotta tell you, I have made your chicken salad 5 or 6 times already!!! It is a hit and I can live off of it!!! I love it!!! It is delicious and when I am here by myself, it is perfect!! No cooking, just a few crackers and I'm good to go!!!! Love it, thanks for sharing!!!! What else do you have, lol????? I am sure I will LOVE it too, lol!!!!!:whoo:

this is my first post since surgery. The day of surgery I was in pain. I was complaining at the surgery center and they called my doctor and got permission to give me some morphine there.

They kept me because my oxygen level kept dropping. I was there for over 8 hours.

On Saturday I was in a lot of pain and wound up calling the doctor's exchange.

The pain continued on Saturday and Sunday. I called the doctor's office on Monday and got different pain medicine which helped tremendously.

Went back to work on Tuesday, which was too soon but didn't really have much of a choice Walked very slow and sat very slow.

Went to work on Wednesday, felt a little sick after eating broth for lunch. I did not get sick, also found it hurst to cough, laugh or hiccup. I am not able to take big sips of Water or it bothers me. Saw my doctor that afternoon and he took off the bandages.

On Thursday drank some water and right after felt nauseous. Took some medicine for that and it disappeared. It's hard to know if the nauseous is from pain medicine since it can make you nauseous especially on liquids.< /p>

Yesterday took pain medicine before I left for work and did not take at all at work. Yesterday I was able to add to my diet yogurt, fudgesicle, applesauce and pudding.

So for I am down 20 pounds since the prediet. The day after my surgery I was up but it was down the next day. Starting to walk more. It does help with gas pain which is totally gone. My doctor also prescribed liquid Mylanta which does help with this.

Today I may try driving a short way. So far I have not done that. there's no way I could have done it earlier this week.

Hope everyone is having a good week end.

Jennyl, welcome! You will love it here, everyone is so nice and the support you get is priceless.

Dmjet, enjoy your day 'off'!

Sunshine- I am sore too, just telling myself it will pass soon and I will so happy and healthy. My dr. told me not to drive until Tuesday, which works for me, I need some R&R time.

Chim- I also hurt when getting up and in/out of the car.

Last night DH and I went for a walk around the block and it was great. sleep wasn't so great. I hate sleeping on my back and was afraid the cats would climb on my tummy. One of them made herself comfortable between my legs and stayed there all night. I got up every 3 hours for my pain medicine, I don't do well with pain and enjoy 'drugs' very much :lol: Now this morning I crushed my pills and they tasted nasty, so I ate jell-o right after and that made it bearable. I have not eaten anything but jell-o and sugar free popsicles for 2 days now and am not hungry, so I will just enjoy the feeling while it lasts. I don't think I had more than 150 cal. yesterday and I am not cranky or anything, boy I love this band already!!!!:whoo: Now I am thinking I am going to have some chicken broth today to get some nutrition in, even though I am taking Vitamins it seems to me I will get mal-nourished on jell-o only.

I have set the timer for 60 minutes intervals, this way I know when to get up and walk around for a bit. I have an ice pack on my tummy and a heating pad on my shoulder. Nothing hurts badly at all, but again I am not one for pain.

CeCe, you sound soooo good!!! Not at all like you did the day you went! I am soooo happy for you!!! I am glad your walk went well, isn't it funny how we enjoy that now, lol???? I used to dread it and would be winded before I got a block down the road, lol!!!

Are you one of the ones with the strict post-op diet???? Can't remember, brain gets all jumbled, lol!!!!

Your cats probably sense you are hurting! Animals seem to know those things!!!

I am with you and Chim ~ Unbelievable how much you use your stomach muscles!!! That was the worst for me too, getting in and out of bed, worse getting out!!! I kind of slid to the edge, threw my legs to the floor, and edged myself up!!! Wasn't a whole lot of fun, lol!

Thinking of it now, I am sure I looked hilarious!!!!! Oh well, it worked, lol!!!!!:faint:

this is my first post since surgery. The day of surgery I was in pain. I was complaining at the surgery center and they called my doctor and got permission to give me some morphine there.

They kept me because my oxygen level kept dropping. I was there for over 8 hours.

On Saturday I was in a lot of pain and wound up calling the doctor's exchange.

The pain continued on Saturday and Sunday. I called the doctor's office on Monday and got different pain medicine which helped tremendously.

Went back to work on Tuesday, which was too soon but didn't really have much of a choice Walked very slow and sat very slow.

Went to work on Wednesday, felt a little sick after eating broth for lunch. I did not get sick, also found it hurst to cough, laugh or hiccup. I am not able to take big sips of Water or it bothers me. Saw my doctor that afternoon and he took off the bandages.

On Thursday drank some water and right after felt nauseous. Took some medicine for that and it disappeared. It's hard to know if the nauseous is from pain medicine since it can make you nauseous especially on liquids.

Yesterday took pain medicine before I left for work and did not take at all at work. Yesterday I was able to add to my diet yogurt, fudgesicle, applesauce and pudding.

So for I am down 20 pounds since the prediet. The day after my surgery I was up but it was down the next day. Starting to walk more. It does help with gas pain which is totally gone. My doctor also prescribed liquid Mylanta which does help with this.

Today I may try driving a short way. So far I have not done that. there's no way I could have done it earlier this week.

Hope everyone is having a good week end.

1bigwdy and ribearty, Welcome!!! So happy for each of you! Ribearty, sorry you had such a rough time!!! But it sounds like you are doing well and following the doctor's orders! Some of us react differently to everything, plus it seems you had to go right back into everything, without much of a break! I am sure that is taking a toll also, between not eating much, having recent surgery, and trying to every day tasks, you probably are just tired out and prone to some other aches and pains! Keep us posted! I am sure you will better each day!:lol:

After my first disappointing mushy meal on Thurs, I went back to mostly liquids. Had a low carb slim fast shake for Breakfast, Soup and Jello for lunch, and then for dinner, I had 3 oz of minced turkey, and 3 oz of pureed potatoes, and a mushed up banana. Tasted pretty good and felt fairly full afterwards. Still didn't make 650 cals for entire day. Shake again for b'fast this morning with 1 oz of minced ham. Delicious today. I've cleaned house today while DH mowed the yard (usually my job). It's a big job, as both front and back are on big hills. I mow, he weed eats and trims. But.....not for a couple of weeks, til I'm good and healed.

We're going to go out and see Oceans 13 this afternoon. popcorn will prbly smell better than usual! LOL

Brandy, Glad things are looking up for you! Sounds like you are trying new things! Makes a difference, seems like we just have to find what works for each of us! Good luck at the movies!!! Maybe take nose plugs, lol!!!! The smells always make me hungry!!!!! Have fun!

A big shout out of Kathy!!!! Haven't seen you on yet today, Girl! Hope you are feeling well and in good spirits!!! Maybe just enjoying those Kiddos on the weekend!!! Whatever it is, hope it is a good day for you!! I'll look for you and the others later! Guess, I really SHOULD do some work today, lol!!!!! Since I got the house to myself, there shouldn't be a hundred distractions, lol!!! What do you want to bet, I won't get ANYTHING done, lol!!!!!! Have a great day everyone!!:lol:

Guess, I really SHOULD do some work today, lol!!!!! Since I got the house to myself, there shouldn't be a hundred distractions, lol!!! What do you want to bet, I won't get ANYTHING done, lol!!!!!! Have a great day everyone!!happy.gif

Jeanie, I am like that. The more time to myself the less I accomplish. I always end up reading or resting. Now I am suppose to do that so I will.

I had a sf fudgcicle today and it tasted funny. Maybe it is residual anesthesia affecting taste. So far, Water tastes best. I might try some broth later. I took a shower and feel semi normal now. Put on a little makeup. I am going to curl up and read the lastest Harry Potter that I have been saving for after surgery. I have been walking in circles around the house since it is raining outside.

1bigwdy and ribearty, Welcome Back!! Good to hear you made it through surgery so well. Ribearty, sorry you are having so much discomfort. Hope it improves soon.

Lynette good to see you have your computer working finally. I am doing well post op. Look forward to chatting with you since I have more time. If you get a chance would you pm me your chicken salad recipe. I don't know where in these messages it is posted and I would like to have it for when I get to mushies. Jeanie swears by it. Have fun at the flea market.

Kathy, hope you are doing well this am. You too, Ruby.

Sunny, Just checked in ... the chicken salad recipe is in the Recipe Thread ... July Bandsters, Recipe Thread. It really is wonderful and filling!!! Enjoy your book!!! Hey, I did some paperwork, lol!!!! :lol:

I had a sf fudgcicle today and it tasted funny.

Sunny,

Are you on the heparin shots? If you are, that could be what's making things taste funny. I know a lot of people I have talked to on other boards, all said the heparin did that to them. It did to me too and unfortunately it doesn't go away until you are completely off of them. :phanvan

~Nichole

dmjet, my dr. has me on sugar free Jello and popsicles ( no fudsicles), chicken broth (I just had a cup for lunch and it was delicious!), Tomato Soup, V8, Slim Fast, Water and Crystal Light for 2 weeks. Then mushies for 2 weeks, then soft foods for 2 weeks, then normal foods. So yes, it will be 6 weeks before I am allowed to eat solids.

I am doing good on it so far, hope this full feeling lasts!

Cazulay, Sounds like you are doing terrific!!! Diet doesn't sound too bad either! Some people seem to have really strict ones!!! I am glad I didn't have one of those!!! I look forward to the tasty stuff, but I am like you, when it is all you can have, stuff that you would have never even considered eating before, tastes sooooo good, lol!!!!!