Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Christy, I just hit the refresh button from time to time. Maybe there's yet a better way. Where did you order your Magic Bullet from?

sorry for taking so long to reply, i am getting my band on the 24th July. i am so nervous and my appitite has gone crazy dont know if its all in my head. any advice and support is truely welcomed.

Sheelagh

What is a magic bullet, am i missing something ?

The magic bullet is like a small mixer, that you can pretty much mix anything in. I have never used one but my brother has one and he uses it a lot and likes it. I thought it would come in handy for my next phase of my diet which is the mush phase

Hi, im Sheelagh from Northern Ireland. i am due to get my band on the 24th. good luck with yours hope it goes well. i am finding it a bit difficult working the site, cant seem to get into the chat rooms etc maybe i need a few lT lessons. anyway any tips about post banding would be helpfull as i said before good luck.

Hi, im Sheelagh from Northern Ireland. i am due to get my band on the 24th. good luck with yours hope it goes well. i am finding it a bit difficult working the site, cant seem to get into the chat rooms etc maybe i need a few lT lessons. anyway any tips about post banding would be helpfull as i said before good luck.

Hi Sheelagh!!!

Welcome, this is a great group here, My name is Christy and I was banded on 07/02/07, not quite two weeks ago. Congratulations on your decision. I don't have any regrets and the healing process has been a breeze for me. My only struggle right now is hunger, but getting on here and chatting with all of these wonderful people helps me in ways I cannot express. Keep in touch, you will learn so much and gather so much strength from the other women here. If I can help you or answer any questions for you please let me know.

Again Welcome!!!

Hi Sheelagh and welcome to the group. You will have to check in often as this is a very active group, and extremely supportive. There is another person from Ireland that posts quite a bit. If you read back a couple of pages, you'll see her!

Sorry all, had to make the dinner for the boys, and then something for me. This could get old easy!!!

Nurse76, I really dont puree my eggs. I scramble them, and while they're cooking I chopped them with the spatula pretty small. I chew them thouroughly, and they go down great. I could have been on mushy's a week ago how things are going down now. But then there's the fill coming up at the end of the month and I'm sure things will be different.

You'll love the magic bullet. Got mine a Kohl's.

Sheelagh, welcome. We have a great group here, and know you'll love it as much as we do. Dini is our other "little sausage" from Ireland. She hasn't posted today, but should be on soon, hopefully.

I also push the refresh button to see new posts.

I'm so amazed by the differences in instructions from one doc to the next! So many of you had to do pre-op diets, while mine was only 1 day. Post-op diets seem to vary quite a bit too. And you all know how I'm feeling about the lack of pain meds :cry

Lynette, I was told to avoid gum entirely, as if you accidentally swallow it, it will plug the hole. I'd be careful on that one!

How is the gas-x working for others? I haven't tried it yet. Also curious about those of you crushing pills - how do you take them? Don't they taste nasty crushed?? I've tried the adult chewable tylenol and even the kids chewables. ewwwww....kinda yucky. would love some advice on getting through this part!

:):faint:Gladster, It is definitely not the easy way out! It is a lot of HARD work, anyone that tells you different should try it!!!! Oh by the way, I packed a lot and didn't use much. In fact, my husband didn't even bring the bag I packed into the hospital! ;) So I used what I wore in and what the hospital had.

:)Lynette, Nice looking family! I am glad you are so happy! Seems like you are well on your way!!! Good job!

:)forgve70x7, peaches9, james2539, glad you are doing so well!

:)trystelle, Good luck! It really isn't as bad as you might expect!

:)Tinkerbell, I could so come up with something for you! I would love to have those options, lol!

Hi Everyone, haven't been here since Monday... no way can I catch up.

Lynnett, I hope you're doing well.

Is there a question of the day?

Peaches, how'd the surgery go? It was nice meeting you face to face on Tuesday.

I hope everyone's surgery this week went well, and all are recovering. I started my pre-op diet today :cry

I have said this before, but there's always so much to catch up on this thread!

Lynette, I am looking forward to saving money on groceries also! My bill is way too high, and I want to spend the "extra" money on new clothes instead. ;)

Sheelah, welcome!

Easy way out???? Oh, give me a break. I think we all know we are not taking the esay way out, there's nothing easy about surgery! Obesity is an disease, for crying out loud. Oh, this makes me mad :angry

Anyway, I am feeling better today. My body is not craving sugar/chocolate as desperately as it was yesterday. I am taking it very easy and not putting any pressure on myself, I am focusing on nothing but this diet and surgery. It also has been easy because I am on my own this week, but DH comes home on Sunday, so he will cook and eat and I will be very tempted, I am sure. I am actually enjoying eating eggs, cheese and meat, except that I am not a very creative cook so I always have the same thing over and over again.

I just came back from Wal-Mart, where I bought gas-x strips, liquid Tylenol, heating pad, nightgown ( I only have PJs), cough drops. I had already bought Vitamins at Whole Foods yesterday.

Good luck to all getting banded tomorrow, Friday the 13th!