Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi Phyl, yes, I bought a small insulated bad to keep in the car with me.

I love it, now I don't feel tied to the areas surrounding my home, I can get out and drive farther away because I don't have to get home for my next snack or meal.

Nurse76, Mine have not went away but I don't do it as often anymore.

We were banded on the same day so it should be slowing down.

Good Luck to all the people getting banded tomorrow. Sorry don't have time right now to type it all, have to get my little one to bed.

Hello Everyone,

Lynette- your son is adorable, I'm jealous, I haven't had a baby around in 15 years. I always used to make my son say he'd never stop giving me kisses. Now I only get a kiss when he wants something. The only thing I get to snuggle is the dog.

Icy - No pain meds. :omg:OMG, my doctor wouldn't get away with that crap.

Ask him if he could take a vasectomy with a tylenol, the schmuck.:angry

This is my second day on my pre-op diet, so far so good. I haven't beaten anyone up yet.

Hi all! I got home from the hospital this afternoon. Nice to be somewhere quiet! I'm doing ok. I ended up with some stuff in my lungs, and I'm having a hard time coughing (quite painful!). Tummy is very sore, though i think some of that is gas pain. right now, i really can't tell. Doc didn't give me anything for pain at home - told me to take tylenol or advil. he was stingy with pain meds in the hospital too. I'm thinking someday he needs to try this, just so he knows how it feels!

hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to take some advil and lay down for a bit.

Later! =)

What in the world??? Why didn't he give you any pain meds for home? What was his reasoning?

Here's the latest...

OnMyWay, here's the elusive Lucky 7s Calendar!

July 2007 Bandsters.doc

First thing first, Lynnette, your son is adorable! Second, I have 9 more days until surgery and reading everybodies experiances is just getting me more and more excited!:dance: Sorry just needed to get that out.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who is sharing their experiences. It really helps to hear from the "Other Side!" I'm up next week, and starting to get excited/nervous. One question: How soon were you able to shower?

I've been seeing that just about everyone had their pre-op blood work done before the day of surgery. I'm having mine done the morning of surgery - 6AM. I'm a little nervous about it because I always have trouble getting the blood to flow. Is anyone else having their pre-op blood work done the day of surgery?

Hello from Nevada! It is so wonderful reading all of your experiences... good & not so good...!

I had my pre-op class yesterday and see my surgeon tomorrow. Next week on Tuesday I have my pre-op tests at the hospital. Can't believe it is only 2 more weeks...!

Take care of YOU!!

Hi all, I'm new, but I will be band on July 17th. Am totally excited, only problem, I'll be out of the country for a couple of weeks and will miss this board and everyone's encouragement and support, ideas, etc. Good luck to everyone, and thanks to the others who have gone before us!:)

Not sure what was up with the pain meds thing. Even when I asked for something in the hospital a little stronger than what they were giving, the doc said tylenol. geeezzzzz.....

Mango, I love the vasectomy comment! Too funny

I'm quite sore this evening and have tried Tylenol and Advil, both have only given very minor relief. I had no idea he was going to be tight with the pain meds. This part sucks....:cry I had some chicken broth this eveing, and I think I ate too fast. going to really have to work on slowing down.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! Good luck to all those on deck!!

First thing first, Lynnette, your son is adorable! Second, I have 9 more days until surgery and reading everybodies experiances is just getting me more and more excited!:dance: Sorry just needed to get that out.

mE, TOO ChickB!! We're on the same day!

Today I got my sample Protein pack from BariatricEating.com. WOW!! It was like Christmas. It took me over an hour to look at all the stuff they sent.. all kinds of Protein samples.. powder packets, liquids, even a book with lots of recipes. There was a plastic shaker thingy for mixing Protein Drinks, etc. on the go, and it all came in a big heavy see-through vinyl bag.

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Hey everyone. I wasn't able to be on the computer that long yesterday. Yesterday was rough for me as I was really feeling sick when I would sit up for an extended period of time. I was just thankful that I never puked, it hurts enough even when I'm trying to clear my throat.

Today was better though and I even walked our dog 3 times for about 10 minutes each. It's a little hard to be outside for long periods when it's over 100 degrees outside. I also went to see the new Harry Potter with my hubby and did ok. I took my pillow with me to hold against my stomach and I'm sure that I was getting weird looks from people. Oh well though, it is for me not for them.

Anyways, I'm going to get settled in for the night. It amazes me how little energy I have right now.

BTW, keep me posted on the cruise for next year. I think it would be fun. Are we talking about it just being us or bringing our significant others??

Talk to you all tomorrow,

Nichole