Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days from Sleeve and TTC

I am 25 years old and have been TTC for 2 years now. I was at my last straw before my OB suggested the sleeve as she had in April of 2014 and had already lost 60 pounds. I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance.

I made my first appt with True Results September 23, 2014 and am path for surgery October 30, 2014. I am excited to start this journey of it. While witht he DR for my PreOp I asked him how long I should wait until I start TTC again and he said that 4-6 months and I should be ready to go. He said that many OB's want you to wait more than a year but thats for their own good and not for us.

He also said that the babies will get their nutrients first before we do and not to worry so much about that. I am ready to get on this roller coaster of a ride and am happy to wait for God's timing. But I am a firm believer that this is my time and God is landing me in this path.

Good luck to all of my fellow sleevers!

I am 28, been ttc since my husband and I married 2.5 years ago. We had one miscarried and that's it. I don't have any diagnosed fertility issues. I am hoping that this weight loss will be the ticket to conceiving. We are planning to start trying again in January, I will be 6mos post-op. So fast I'm down from 259 to 202. Hoping to get down to at least 175 by January!

I am 25, and was recently diagnosed with PCOS. In 2012, I had a miscarriage which at the time I was not TTC at all. After this I was kind of heartbroken and me and my boyfriend (at the time) now husband decided to really try. We tried for two years to no avail that's when I was diagnosed with PCOS. Now looking back I really shouldn't have even tried do to me being so big and all the complications that could have come along with it. I would definitely have been a high risk pregnancy I was nearly 400lbs. I got sleeved September 11th, 2014 SW 395 CW 349 so I've lost 46 lbs. so far. I do plan to TTC within the next year provided I am close to where I want to be goal wise which is 190lbs. I decided I would start trying around 230lbs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!