Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't overthink this guy. He said what he said. Who knows why he said it.

As we all know, most ER guys do ER work so they won't ever have to have a follow-up visit, i.e., a patient relationship with anyone. Ever. (I have friends who are ER docs, and that's what they say. They don't want it. They're awful at it.)

I'm happy to report that all my docs (and hubby's) are just great. And many of them are in their 40s. At our age, we can't afford any more old docs. We need all our docs not to retire before we die. ;)

RJ: Congratulations on your weight loss. I am sorry to hear about your er doctor's treatment of you. All I can say is if you ever have the misfortune of having him treat you again, I would just state, in a very calm manner (not easy when you are in pain), exactly what you are feeling about his treatment of you and ask him if he is intentionally being dismisssive to you. You don't have to like him, but he must give you the best care possible and it is reasonable to question that care.

Too much of your energy has already been expended on this issue. I have been in similar situations with doctors and all I would do is recommend you never have him treat you again (if possible). You need to heal and this will block your recovery. If you were in enough pain to make you go to an emergency room, I would question if what you were told is accurate.

You are in my prayers.

Rj I just can't wrap my head around a new leak at 18 months..I am not questioning you...I am just saying that is contrary to what I thought possible...so I keep forgetting. It is a reminder that bariatric surgery is no joke.

I know. I have a friend who has had similar circumstances. We are like a duel night mare. I feel so bad for my team. 2 out of over 700. What are the odds.

My surgeon has me on some pretty strong stuff now so that an ulcer won't happen either. I worry the poor guy is going to have a nervous break down dealing with the 2 of us.

Different complications but same surgery....

Don't overthink this guy. He said what he said. Who knows why he said it.

As we all know, most ER guys do ER work so they won't ever have to have a follow-up visit, i.e., a patient relationship with anyone. Ever. (I have friends who are ER docs, and that's what they say. They don't want it. They're awful at it.)

I'm happy to report that all my docs (and hubby's) are just great. And many of them are in their 40s. At our age, we can't afford any more old docs. We need all our docs not to retire before we die. ;)

Actually I have known some pretty nice ER docs myself in the past and my daughter has a few that are friends of hers as well....All changed when I had WLS. It is like some horrendous thing happened that they cannot fathom. What it comes down to is that they are not prepared to look after us. And they are not taught enough about emotional, and mental changes and so ill equipped to handle us.

Me I much prefer the older Doctors who have learned fellow feeling with experience.

Some of these new out of the gate Doctors have giant ego's. if you don't treat a human being kindly when they are putting their lives in your hands at any time any where then they aren't worth sh*t.

Spent the day in emerg yesterday. Pain still under my left rib cage. All tests said I was good except there is still some Fluid in my abscess but not enough to worry about..Okay we will see!

That is not what got me. The attending physician asked me if I had Bariatric surgery. I said yes and he said so this abscess has been here a while then. I said yes.

Then he looked me up and down and asked when I had the surgery. I said almost 2 years ago...Hardly got the words out when he said, 'how much did you lose?' I said 211 lbs.

He replied, 'ummm not bad I guess.' in a drone voice....

What the H*ll! I was gob smacked. I did not expect him to do a dance of joy but it would have been nice if he had at least said how do you feel about that. Or are you happy you have lost that much. What would have been the magic number to get him to say terrific... What a idiot!

Most doctors don't have a pulse!!

RJ... I am late to the party but I most certainly want to chime in my two cents. My take on what happened is that doctor is one of many uneducated (to bariatrics) people out there who have uninformed opinions about weight loss surgery. There are MANY people, even in the medical field(s), that believe any type of wls is taking " the easy way out". I believe Dr Chubbs is one of those folks. He was seeing you for a complication you developed stemming back to your original surgery. I think he was passing judgment. He probably thought you wouldn't be in there, having to deal with this abscess after a long list of complications, if you had not "taken the easy way out". His response was very telling. He didn't expect you to give such an amazing number as your lost weight, and probably had some snide comment ready about putting yourself through all of it for nothing. But then you knocked that ball out of the air by giving your stats, hence the " ummmm...that's not bad". What else could he say? He probably did want to say more, much more. But the facts are you have successfully lost weight from your weight loss surgery. You have absolutely suffered more than your fair share of complications and for that I say GOD LOVE YOU. Yet at the end of the day, you weigh 211lbs less than you did. And for that you succeed. Dr. Chubbs sounds like he needs to get his own body in check. He has a high stress job and carrying that extra weight certainly won't be good for him. He may end up in that E.R. bed right next to you next time....LOL

RJ... I am late to the party but I most certainly want to chime in my two cents. My take on what happened is that doctor is one of many uneducated (to bariatrics) people out there who have uninformed opinions about weight loss surgery. There are MANY people, even in the medical field(s), that believe any type of wls is taking " the easy way out". I believe Dr Chubbs is one of those folks. He was seeing you for a complication you developed stemming back to your original surgery. I think he was passing judgment. He probably thought you wouldn't be in there, having to deal with this abscess after a long list of complications, if you had not "taken the easy way out". His response was very telling. He didn't expect you to give such an amazing number as your lost weight, and probably had some snide comment ready about putting yourself through all of it for nothing. But then you knocked that ball out of the air by giving your stats, hence the " ummmm...that's not bad". What else could he say? He probably did want to say more, much more. But the facts are you have successfully lost weight from your weight loss surgery. You have absolutely suffered more than your fair share of complications and for that I say GOD LOVE YOU. Yet at the end of the day, you weigh 211lbs less than you did. And for that you succeed. Dr. Chubbs sounds like he needs to get his own body in check. He has a high stress job and carrying that extra weight certainly won't be good for him. He may end up in that E.R. bed right next to you next time....LOL

The new photo is beautiful. Where have you been Roo. I think about you now and then you know! I see your still walking the walk and talking the talk. Congrats yourself girl..The weight you have lost is no sneeze either. Congrats.

Hey stick around hun. Love hearing your comments you know!

Thanks for the kind words... :)

I find often that doctors much like.... (Coughing here muttering) like my employer lawyers may be book smart but don't have a lick of common sense often blurt things out with out considering that people have worked very hard before and after surgery to get and keep this result this has been said to me too about it being so easy well I say to those jackholes who love chocolate Cookies ice cream cream sauces meats and so but don't get fat from eating it get into a program for this procedure have it done then try stuffing your face with all those things u eat everyday but don't gain weight then we can talk about how easy u think it is

I find often that doctors much like.... (Coughing here muttering) like my employer lawyers may be book smart but don't have a lick of common sense often blurt things out with out considering that people have worked very hard before and after surgery to get and keep this result this has been said to me too about it being so easy well I say to those jackholes who love chocolate Cookies ice cream cream sauces meats and so but don't get fat from eating it get into a program for this procedure have it done then try stuffing your face with all those things u eat everyday but don't gain weight then we can talk about how easy u think it is

Your funny....lol

Spent the day in emerg yesterday. Pain still under my left rib cage. All tests said I was good except there is still some Fluid in my abscess but not enough to worry about..Okay we will see!

That is not what got me. The attending physician asked me if I had Bariatric surgery. I said yes and he said so this abscess has been here a while then. I said yes.

Then he looked me up and down and asked when I had the surgery. I said almost 2 years ago...Hardly got the words out when he said, 'how much did you lose?' I said 211 lbs.

He replied, 'ummm not bad I guess.' in a drone voice....

What the H*ll! I was gob smacked. I did not expect him to do a dance of joy but it would have been nice if he had at least said how do you feel about that. Or are you happy you have lost that much. What would have been the magic number to get him to say terrific... What a idiot!

RJ

a beautiful woman inside and OUT ♥

RJ

a beautiful woman inside and OUT ♥

Thank you your pretty awesome yourself.....:)