Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my surgery date 10/22 and now I am in a panic. I have done everything I have been told to prepare but it all just seems so huge now! I am sure I am making the right decision but the countdown is making me crazy.

Make sure you get your daily walking in. It will help the recovery process go quickly and smoother.

I cut out all caffeine and carbonated beverages 6 months before surgery. I was on a 6 Diet Coke per day habit. I went through a week of severe withdrawal pain - very severe headaches. So if you haven't done this yet, do it now. It is better to get this withdrawal over with now than compound it with the effects of surgery.

After surgery, I lost my hunger. Many people experience this. It is not hard to lose weight when hunger is not constantly and continually gnawing at your bones.

Your taste buds will change after surgery. Expect this.

Get a pill crusher and a pill splitter. Its a good idea to get a good blender such as a Ninja blender with a single serving size or a Bullet Blender. It will come in handy when you mix the Protein shakes.

Surgery isn't that bad don't know if anyone warned you if the pain when you first woke up I wish they had me them I wouldn't have been so scared that something went wrong. But as soon as they gave me the pain meds it has not been to bad and I just had my surgery September 30th just having s real hard time with the Protein Shakes

My surgery is scheduled for 10/29 and I am feeling the same way. My pre-op diet starts on Monday and trying to figure out everything is getting very overwhelming. I am excited and nervous all at the same time.

Good luck on your surgery.

The surgery part was great just know when you awake there is allot of pain that they don't tell you about so ask for meds as soon as you wake up

Just got my date of Nov 10th. The nerves were growing like crazy - worrying about if it's the right thing, worrying about telling people. Now today I seem more at peace with it. Just taking it a day at a time. About to start my 2 week liquid diet in a couple days. Want to stay VERY focused on that.

If you can make it in that liquid diet then you have got it. No worries. I only had to do a week and doing that was what reassured me that I was going to be ok with it now 26 days after my surgery still having some pains and starting to want foods I know I can't have but still doing great. I don't regret it in any way already lost 28 pounds and walking better already. You can text me out call me any time If you want to talk just let me know and I will give you my info

If you can make it in that liquid diet then you have got it. No worries. I only had to do a week and doing that was what reassured me that I was going to be ok with it now 26 days after my surgery still having some pains and starting to want foods I know I can't have but still doing great. I don't regret it in any way already lost 28 pounds and walking better already. You can text me out call me any time If you want to talk just let me know and I will give you my info

thank you!! Whats your name? Mine is mandi. What kind of pain? Anything you didn't expect?

My name is Diana. Yeah my pains do far I believe are normal. I have only experienced the dumping syndrome one and that was totally my fault. I didn't pay enough attention to how something was prepared. I will warn you and wish someone had warned me them I would not have panicked when I woke up from surgery. The pain was the worst thing I have ever felt in my life it hurt all the way into my chest but they stopped it as fast as I screamed in pain. So I would still go through it all again if I had too. Cause living with my weight was bringing me down every day.

Also I don't know if they explained the cuts to you cause I didn't not get that explained to me and was totally shocked in how many and the size of the cuts. But good news is that they are now very small nite and getting smaller every day.

Also you may want to go ahead of time and contact your local pharmacy that you use see if they keep In stock loratab elixir 10mg 480ml is what they gave me But really have a hard time finding it or if the hospital you are going to has a pharmacy where you can get it filled. The hospital is over an hour from my house and In! downtown Atlanta so my little local pharmacy has to order it. That means days without it

Just wanted to check in make sure you are ok

Also I don't know if they explained the cuts to you cause I didn't not get that explained to me and was totally shocked in how many and the size of the cuts. But good news is that they are now very small nite and getting smaller every day.

how many cuts?