Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having surgery is still sinking in.

I had my surgery on Wednesday and it's still sinking in. I told myself that I would never doubt my decision and I haven't. I knew there'd be some discomfort for a short period of time and I consider my recovery as typical. It wasn't a breeze but it wasn't unbearable. Every time I remind myself that I'm on the other side, I get giddy with excitement over what's ahead of me. I can't wait for my clothes to get loose and fitting into smaller sizes, to have more energy and to get in great shape.

Lexie, my surgery was 2 weeks ago and it is sinking in that I am sleeved, I am losing weight, and I will see improvement in my diabetes and high blood pressure. When I stop to think about that I want to do a wahoo! We're at the beginning of more normal weight and health! Congrats to both of us!

Congrats and welcome to your new life! ????

surgery on Wednesday it's still sinking in.

@@*Lexie*

Phhhew you made it :)

WLS is the past - your new life is the future :)

glad your recovery has been normal/few normal side effects :)

hold onto your excitement :)

look forward to all the new adventures, up and downs you will experience with your new best friend - the sleeve :)

good luck bud :)

kathy

you work with it - and it will work with/for you :)

It is so weird! There will be some days when you get frustrated and say WTH did I do?? But I promise you will be ok and you will get through those days. Just know they happen. Keep that great attitude, get LOTS of rest, and take take good care of yourself !

@@*Lexie* great. glad you are recovering well with no major issues. the future looks bright. it is pretty exciting. I can't wait for what it to come. I already notice a huge difference in my uniform. I think I am ready to go down a size. it has only been 18 days!!!

Lexi, also had surgery last Wednesday and had the same buyers remorse,, however after having to go buy smaller clothes yesterday I feel so much happier. Is there still some pain now and then yes, am I tired quickly yes however looking forwards it's all going to be worth it. Hang in there

@@Jon1111 Oh, I had not one second of buyer's remorse. I was simply saying that it's hard to believe I finally had the surgery. The past week sucked but I expected it to suck and promised myself I would never second guess my decision. I have not done that for even a second. That being said, I hope the scales show me some love soon. ;)