Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buffalo/Rochester

Hello, My name is Polly. I live in Cheektowaga.

Me!!! I'm from the Olean/Allegany area - had my bypass done in Rochester :)

I'm hoping to be be sleeved soon the sooner the better but they have me chasing down medical records having more tests etc all I do it seems is go to dr appts and tests lol feels like it's taking forever and I was put on a strict diet too so this can't happen soon enough next week I have to do a sleep study kind of annoyed did one in 2012 was already diagnosed but couldn't tolerate Cpap at all tried for 5 months got even less sleep was a horrible experience they are forcing me to repeat they say if I dont do Cpap with proof of compliance no surgery so I'm dreading it I don't think I can possibly ever keep that thing on for a whole night let alone for two weeks so u already had your procedure?

I'm from buffalo. Will be sleeved on OCT 15th. Just started my pre op diet and feeling wonderful!

Good luck to everyone and their journey!

Nice to meet all the buffalionans. Welcome. Good luck to all. Has anyone gone or is going threw synergy bariatrics. I did and was pleased with Dr. Carauna and all the staff there.

I just figured out how to find posts I've written or replied to! I'm on an android, not my computer where everything is right there for you. So...I missed the replies here, sorry! I am using my band surgeon, Dr. Posner at Buffalo General. He's awesome, very very strict but awesome! The staff is cool too. The only bad thing is the parking. With the new "Medical Corridor", things are busy and tight. I can barely walk, so hubby drives me and we use valet parking, which takes forever and costs a lot.

But yes, I'm from Cheektowaga. Still going through pre-op testing

...I got cut off, oops. If you're from the area, say Hi here. ????

Nice to meet all the buffalionans. Welcome. Good luck to all. Has anyone gone or is going threw synergy bariatrics. I did and was pleased with Dr. Carauna and all the staff there.

I always hear such nice things about him. Isn't there a father and son, or brother and brother thing going on there?

@ hey there I'm in south buffalo also with dr posner end of February surgery if all goes well I'm doing Cpap now is my last requirement scared as hell but can't wait to be done with the surgery part feels like forever doing all these tests etc

@ hey there I'm in south buffalo also with dr posner end of February surgery if all goes well I'm doing Cpap now is my last requirement scared as hell but can't wait to be done with the surgery part feels like forever doing all these tests etc

hey shelly, you're further ahead than me. I'm in my second week of the pre-op first phase South Beach diet. But Posner did my Lap band in '07. What a waste of time. I love Dr. Posner! How do you like Kim and Jeannie?

I'd be scared to, being as close to surgery as you. But do know you're in VERY good hands. Dr. Posner is the best. Is he doing the surgery? Specific date yet? Let me know when you get one. I'm so excited for you. ????

Hi yes I assume he will be doing it I met with him just before holidays I was told feb 24 was first avail date he said his secretary was out sick so I spoke with a Michele down the hall at the surgeons clinical office and was told after holidays I'd get more info from the regular secretary about pre op testing and final instructions etc but so far haven't heard anything more yet but I was given a card for feb 24 to be at hospital at 530 am to prep with surgery aprox 3 hours after is what I was told

I had VSG on 12/18/2014 with Dr. Butsch, who shares a practice with Dr. Posner. I started in June with attending the seminar and after completing all the pre-op requirements, I met the surgeon on 11/11 and had surgery the following month. My surgery was at 10 am at Buffalo General and I stayed 2 days. The stay was, overall, very nice. Nurses were awesome and really listened to my needs.

Best of luck with everything!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches