Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my insurance approval letter-and wanted to let everyone know I was still around

Hi, folks, I got a reminder email from this website saying I hadn't been active for a while. so I thought I'd pop in and give some updates.

I had my first office consult with the NP on April 16 and I got my insurance approval letter in the mail yesterday. I was beginning to wonder about it because my ins. is one of those that pays as long as you are at least 100 lbs. overweight - absolutely no other requirements. Next I call the office to schedule my surgery and then they schedule all the pre-appointments - one four hour class, a physical with the surgeon, the psych eval.

In the meantime I've been packing my house to move, which is a big task for a full time working widow with a five year old underfoot. so I've been a little preoccupied and not on the internet much at all. Movers are coming Sat. the 12th to put all our things into storage, we stay with my Dad for a month or so, then close on our brand new townhouse mid-June.

I decided to schedule my surgery for the first week of August, that gives me plenty of time to get settled into our new place and I want to do it while my daughter is out of school for the summer so I don't have to rush to get her ready in the mornings while I am recovering. she'll still go to daycare, but she doesn't have to be there by 8 am. the nice thing is the townhouse is directly across the street from her school, and 1.5 miles from her daycare. There is her elementary school, a middle school and a high school all on one huge tract of property, all with tracks and sidewalks along the streets - plenty of good walking. I'm getting her a new hello kitty bike and I'm thinking about getting the adult size for myself so we can go bike riding togther!

so that's the latest with me, in case anyone was really wondering . . .

I am excited about all the new changes in our lives, new home, new body soon I hope, and a new beginning for us after some very difficult years.

God Bless to all,

Karen

Congrats on your approval! It sounds like you will be having lots of wonderful things happening in your life, it's wonderful things are turning around and looking up.

Karen.. you really ARE beginning a new life. I'm glad that you have your dad around to help a bit... and hopefully you have lots of supportive friends and family near by. Good luck with everything!

here's the thing. about the only person I have in my life who is "there" for me is my Dad. and he's 77. a very very healthy, good looking, in shape, 77. he's done alot of repairs to my house to get it ready to be sold. little stuff. he has little patience with my daughter is the downside.

I DID have alot of support, right after my husband died, while he was dying, but everyone's gone . . . just not available. it's kinda like the glamour of helping the poor widow and half orphan (she's adopted, she's already been orphaned once) wears off. it's quite fascinating. but I've become much stronger from being totally alone, which is good, but I'm lonely as heck, so I sit around at night in the house by myself after my daughter's in bed, eating. I've had a weight problem but it's really ballooned since the deaths (I say death plural because my mom died of colon cancer six months after my husband died from lung cancer at age 40).

anyway, more rambling from me, taking a break from packing. and looking forward to the new house and new me!

Karen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches