Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"In between" sizes . . . . grrr

I've lost 42 lbs. since being sleeved and haven't moved into a new size of clothing yet. So frustrating! Size 28 pants are too baggy on me and size 26 are just a smidge too tight on the tummy. I thought with a 40 lb. loss I'd certainly fit into the next size down.

Same thing happened to me. I had to lose an awful lot of weight just to go down one size from 26 to 24 pants. But as you lose, it takes less and less weight to move to smaller sizes. I just went from an 8 to a 6 pant and only lost about 10 lbs. to get there. Don't worry about it...this is how it goes for alot of us.

I guess it depends on your body shape and where you lose it from first. I never noticed but my Mom told me that to her I looked I like I lost weight from the top down. So, maybe your shirts could be smaller before your pants.

I share your frustration @geelynn. I have lost a noticeable amount of weight, but I still wear a 1X top. It's almost like I'm losing all my weight from the places that aren't covered by clothes. LOL.

I'm just hoping that when I get to goal, I'll be able to shop in the regular size section.

I had to lose 100 pounds before I could really go down in sizes significantly. It was pointed out to me by someone who works in the fashion industry that the reason is because plus sizes are sized 'generously', meaning there are large gaps in between the sizes so you may not see a size change for awhile. Regular sizes, however, are sized more close together so once you get down past a 14, you'll notice sizes changing fairly quickly.

I have been stuck between a 14 and 16 in pants for months now for this reason. There is a ledge between 14 being 'regular' and 16 being 'plus' that my body just won't allow me to jump. However, I can wear a size medium skirt and fit into a size 10 dress if it is the right shape. Its really confusing, but give it some time and you will be shopping in the 'regular' section!

I also had to lose 40-50 pounds before it became evident, and before my clothing size started decreasing. But once it started, I jumped sizes. I would buy a few things when they were a little tight, and wear them until they were too baggy to wear. I'm in a 10 bottom and Med or small top now....and just can't seem to get to that elusive 8. However, even if I never do, 10 is good for me!

Another one who didn't see clothing sizes start to change until nearly 60lbs lost! Can't wait to be out of plus sizes so the numbers will change faster ;)

My best friend commented on my "tiny ass" in jeans. I said yeah it would be great if I could see it but it's behind me. All I see is the baggy belly in front. Getting smaller but still there. If I didn't have this big belly roll I bet I'd be in much smaller jeans by now. Oh well. I'm still happy with my progress.

My best friend commented on my "tiny ass" in jeans. I said yeah it would be great if I could see it but it's behind me. .

rofl

I tend to lose from the top down. So I can be in a 14/16 from the boobs up and a 18/20 in something that covers my stomach. So stuff is baggy in the chest but looks okay over my tummy. Bizarre, really. I'm to the point where all the size 20 jeans I bought are slightly too big, but I'm not inclined to spend money on new jeans just yet. I will say that I was never so happy to be able to shop at Old Navy since they carry up to 20 in the stores. I am loath to go into a Lane Bryant now even though I still wear plus sizes. I just keep thinking in another couple of weeks or a month I will be in a 16.

i lose from the top down as well, and can't wait to see how this looks after the surgery. ever since i started this pre-op diet, i feel like i look fatter than ever, because my belly seems to stick out more as i lose from the boobs up. if i wasn't 56, people would probably think i'm preggers right now!

It took me up to about 50 pounds to really notice a difference in my pant sizes. Top size went down a lot more dramatically than the pants. Right now I have lost 145 pounds and still in a 18/20 and size XL shirt. I have a pannis that has gotten a lot smaller but Spanx is my best friend to help me smooth down my baggy skin so I can fit into the size 18 pants perfectly.

@jessiquoi I don't look pregnant but I have what looks like a muffin top because of a roll where my natural waist is. And the funny thing is that the left side and right side are lopsided. so the roll on the right side is much more sticky outtie than the left side. But high waisted pants are not a good look on me. I just need to get a shaper to smooth all that out.

i lose from the top down as well, and can't wait to see how this looks after the surgery. ever since i started this pre-op diet, i feel like i look fatter than ever, because my belly seems to stick out more as i lose from the boobs up. if i wasn't 56, people would probably think i'm preggers right now!

I'm glad you said that--I feel like my belly is swollen!

Any one had Medicaid amerigroup as insurance and if so please let me in on the details on getting it approved my BMI 57 salas.marlene27@gmail.com