Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Abdominal burning

I am 2 weeks out RNY GB and I just started having this horrible burning sensation on my lower left side. Has anyone else had this?! Should I call the Dr? Anything I can do to make it better?! Please help!

I've been told it's normal. But the pain I'm having isn't quite burning but I'm not sure how to describe it. I hope you feel better soon, if you're very concerned, call your doctor.

I absolutely experienced the same thing. I think a bit more intensely than others. I had a total of 4 incisions. One incision was slightly larger which was on my left side. My surgeon said that was incision he used the most. The burning lasted about 6 weeks consistently and will happen every now and again which I was told was completely normal. But it was pretty bad. Putting a heating pad on my back and lightly on my lower tummy helped. As well as the Vicodin and muscle relaxer. I had to minimize taking that medicine because it caused Constipation so be aware of that. It will get better...

I had the same thing. First I had the "my body is ripping apart" pain, and that graduated to the burning pain. In my bottom left incision area, basically all of the area surrounding it.

I'm still feeling with that. I keep pulling the internal stitch and muscles :(

I bought a belly band and that helps a lot.

All of mine was gone til this past Sunday when I decided that was it and I must indulge in.......well,sex. So then it started hurting a little more but is almost gone again.

TMI, I know.

you lucky duck ;) I hope it was worth it! lol

you lucky duck ;) I hope it was worth it! lol

I am cracking up over here! It absolutely was!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

I have had the same thing and went to the dr about it yesterday. He said it was from the internal stitches. I'm not telling you that is what is happening to you, but it is an answer. If it persists , call your dr. It does hurt like the dickens,though!

Is yours (any of you) dimpled in on your belly too? I Google imaged but couldn't find any that lik like mine. I hate it and really hope it pops out.

Yes, I do have an area that could be called dimpled. There is one place where my stomach sinks in. My dr. Told me that it might happen because I had a lap band that he also removed (at least that's what I remember him saying, it was right after the surgery ;-) )

I have dimpling around my largest incision, it was a lot worse while I was still retaining gas and Water.