Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

singing the second fill blues

i got my second fill yesterday. i told my doc that after my first fill, i could eat absolutely anything. he was suprised by that - he said he gave me almost an aggressive first fill (2.2ccs in my 4cc band). for my second fill, he gave me 3ccs. he had me wait around for about an hour, then eat a piece of toast to see how it would go. well, eating dry toast is kinda gross and it doesn't sail right down. so i thought "yippee! this fill is the one!" :paranoid

but... last night for dinner i had 2 pieces of cheese pizza. YES, i know that was naughty bad of me. i have pizza about 4x a year. my hubby really wanted pizza after our 5.5 hour drive home, so i said fine. i cut it up into teeny bites, chewed-chewed-chewed and it went down fine. so then i started taking bigger bites to test how things are going, and everything slid right down. i probably didn't (okay, i didn't) need that second piece, but i was eating out of anger. *sighs* (and don't worry - i will not be having pizza again. like i said above, we almost never have it... and if i do, it's typically the brickoven lean cuisine ones!) :bandit

i'm scared to tell my hubby. :cry he is very sick of the 5.5 hour drives each way, the insane gas prices and the wasting of our weekend. plus he's not fond of the horrid pain-in-the-assness of leaving mexico. he wants me to be happy and to succeed in my weight-loss so i know he will drive me back down again.

after reading here for about an hour, i decided to wait a month or so before getting fill #3. i am going to eat slowly and very carefully and see if maybe my portions shrink. maybe the amount i can eat will be lessened? i'm going to re-join weight watchers and i signed up for deep Water aerobics at the local community center. i'm hoping that i am just one of those people that can eat anything, but much less of it. :straight

well, that's all. i probably should have just put this in my journal, but i'm not going to copy and paste now. LOL. :phanvan

Isn't there anywhere closer that you can go for a fill? I am really surprised that such a big fill isn't giving you any trouble. I have 2.0 in my 4cc band and I have been worried about getting another fill. The first two days after that fill I pbed up my Protein Shake. I tried drinking it as fast as I had before I had the fill. He had put 2.5 in and I was afraid it would be too much. I am going to have my last free fill but now I am kind of sorry that I had him take .5 out because I eat tiny potions, but it's not because I am full. I eat the portion that I was told to eat, but I am sure I could eat way more. I am not losing and I am tired of waiting to lose weight.

I feel you on the drive. I am going for a slight unfill tomorrow and it's 5 hours each way. That's so weird the differences in everyone's bands and fills. I had mine done in Mexico too but Dr. Curry does my fills. It took me 6 fills to get to 3 cc's in my 4cc's band and now I've having to go get a slight unfill because I can't even eat icecream. I mean I can't eat any food. I'm having him take me down to at least 2.5cc's. My fills never, ever kick in for at least 2 weeks and this fill here is 5 weeks old and I could eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup up until 1 1/2 weeks ago so mine didn't kick in this time for over 3 weeks. Maybe if you give it a week or two I bet you it will kick in. Good luck.

My fills never, ever kick in for at least 2 weeks and this fill here is 5 weeks old and I could eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup up until 1 1/2 weeks ago so mine didn't kick in this time for over 3 weeks. Maybe if you give it a week or two I bet you it will kick in. Good luck.

that is so odd to me! you'd think it would kick in right away, then slowly fade away. i've read a few posts where people talk about it happening the way yours does...! i wonder why that happens like that?

i'm crossing my fingers that it kicks in later.

good luck with your unfill!

I am on my third fill - total of 3cc in a 4cc band and I still dont have restriction! I am going for another fill tomorrow and hopefully will hit my sweetspot soon! I can pretty much eat anything I want right now - I need restriction!!!! Good luck to all!

Kim

Banded 1/26/07

Dr. Spivak - Houston

236/205/165

.png

Oh I am so glad there's others like me!! I had my second fill done on 4/17 and for the first 5 days it was perfect! I wasn't hungry at all and when I did eat I only ate very small amounts. But then it loosened up... I have a 4cc band and my fill level is 3.13cc (i think...) so does that mean there's not much room left to be filled??? I am very worried that this isn't going to work for me and will just be a HUGE waste of money... I am starting to get discouraged and hungry!!!!

Doesn't anyone else have problems with food getting stuck? I am afraid to get another fill with the way food gets stuck all the time. I am not losing and I am very discouraged with all of this!

I didn't have restriction until my third fill, but there are some odd things going on here. first, having that big a fill to begin with is very unusual. so is eating dry toast. so is eating pizza or any hard food one day after a fill. You might ask him to compare your fluoroscope pics from each fill and see if your pouch is dilated. Seems like getting so much fill so quickly could cause food and drink to sit too long in the pouch before going through and stretching it a bit. I would think toast and pizza after a fill could do the same. The result of dilation is that you'll feel like you can eat anything. The answer for me was 3 days of liquids only so the pouch could rest...and for some people, a slight unfill is done too to rest the pouch. Might be worth asking him to look at pouch size on the fuoro.