Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As I was getting changed this morning my eye was caught by my scar. It is still very pink and big and slightly raised. Now I know that the rest of my belly is white as snow so any colour tends to pop out but seriously it looks like I just had surgery a couple weeks ago and not 2 and half months ago. There is no pain or anything but 2 out of 5 scars are still looking a little to new to suit my tastes.

So I am wondering when did peoples scars tend to fade and did you do anything special to make them fade?

Right now I am using a Vitamin E coca butter cream to help it fade not sure if it is really working or if I am just telling myself it is in desperation.

I am also using a scar treatment and it does seem to be working. The one I bought only needs to be applied 2x per day. They are fading a bit and they seem smaller - wishful thinking maybe but perception is reality, they say!!

As I was getting changed this morning my eye was caught by my scar. It is still very pink and big and slightly raised. Now I know that the rest of my belly is white as snow so any colour tends to pop out but seriously it looks like I just had surgery a couple weeks ago and not 2 and half months ago. There is no pain or anything but 2 out of 5 scars are still looking a little to new to suit my tastes.

So I am wondering when did peoples scars tend to fade and did you do anything special to make them fade?

Right now I am using a Vitamin E coca butter cream to help it fade not sure if it is really working or if I am just telling myself it is in desperation.

I used Maderma on another scar and it worked great. I was banded on 1-19-07 and used Maderma(sp). I think you use it on fresh scars for 4 weeks. I still notice them, but they are not too pink.

Can anyone attest to them fading to not noticing them much at all???:)

I'm using Mederma also and Jergens lotion. They both seem to be helping with the scaring. They look softer anyway. My main (larger) scar is slightly raised but that is how it was stitched and glued at the time of surgery. I was told that over time that too would be less noticeable(sp). My other smaller scars are almost invisable. I had my surgery 2/15/07

I'm using Mederma also and Jergens lotion. They both seem to be helping with the scaring. They look softer anyway. My main (larger) scar is slightly raised but that is how it was stitched and glued at the time of surgery. I was told that over time that too would be less noticeable(sp). My other smaller scars are almost invisable. I had my surgery 2/15/07

Wow that is awesome if your smaller scars are almost invisible. Maybe their is hope to wear at least a tankini lol. Really that is the least of my worrys. But good to know your scars are fading so fast. Gives me hope.

***If the worst thing that happens through all this is my scars showing--

i am in great shape--:clap2:

I think the main key in helping the scars soften and become less noticeable is to use your choice of cream and lotions everyday. Just make it part of your daily routine.

Your scars will do great. And you're right they are the least of your worries.

i tried mederma on other scars it worked a bit.. but look at your skin and you old scars it will tell you how it will heal mine took about a year or two to fade to nothing

Good luck

Yeah, the scars really are the least of your worries. For the vast majority of people they will fade to nothing and be barely noticeable.

Just be lucky that you aren't a keloid healer like me....I have keloid scars and they are NOT nice to look at.....my scars (one year later) are worse now than the intial incision. Basically it looks like I have a couple of leeches on me (sorry, but best way to describe it!). But, this is something I expected...I already knew that I would have keloid scars from this surgery and it is merely something I expect and accept. I'm extremely fair skinned (the Irish side of me coming out!), I bruise extremely easy, take a long time to heal etc etc. That being said, the cortisone creme I was prescribed for it is helping a wee bit. The only other solution for me would be to have cortisone shots (no thanks) and/or plastic surgery on the scars. But to be honest, I didn't do this for asthetic reasons and it really doesn't bother me....it's a small price to pay for the benefits I gain. To me, having these nasty looking scars on my stomach is no different than the nasty ones on my ankle (previous surgery) and other places. It's just a part of me and who I am.

All that to say...be happy with the lil' scars that you do have, as it could be much worse (& they will likely get much better!).