Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help with my protein?????

During my pre-op diet, I went to my natural food store, to Walmart, GNC, everywhere (including the internet) and bought individual packets of all the Protein suplements I could get my hands on. My doc made it very clear I'd be drinking these for a very long time. I wanted to get something I could live with.

I ended up choosing GNC NitroTech powder. I also have some Isopure in the fridge for those times I want something different or I don't have time to mix a shake.

Do some research and do what works for you.

One really nice drink that is very high in Protein (40 gr) as well as Vitamins is Micellar Milk....comes in Creamy vanilla (my favorite) and chocolate (not too popular according to most) and strawberry (I hear it's great). It tastes something like rice pudding and is very versatile....comes in a 17 oz carton, it's good cold, hot, good in coffee, hot tea, good with a plain or with a little SF Syrup in it (I like the coconut). It's available at VitaminShoppe and at bariatriceating.com.

i am having a hard time getting my Protein, everything taste so sweet and yucky
Fish, white meats, milk, etc. are all good sources of protein, not sweet and generally not yucky.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE muscle milk lite "chocolate milk" it has 25g of Protein per scoop, i put 2 scoops in 12 oz of Water and thats a meal for me with close to 60g of protein !!!

Also i found these things at a local smoothie king and they look like tube shots, they have 47g of protein in the tube. they taste like a melted popcicle but if you can swallow one a day your gonna get in all your required protein.

Whole Foods offers an assortment of natural and organic Protein powders that don't have artificial sweeteners in them, which is what makes so many of the Protein Shakes so sicky sweet (yuck). They have a lot of them available in small packets, too, so you don't have to commit to the giant bucket until you have tried it once.

Good luck!

Whole Foods offers an assortment of natural and organic Protein powders that don't have artificial sweeteners in them, which is what makes so many of the Protein shakes so sicky sweet (yuck). They have a lot of them available in small packets, too, so you don't have to commit to the giant bucket until you have tried it once.

Good luck!

that's great to know- thanks! Do you find that if you add the Protein to thicker stuff - yogurt; sugar free pudding that the taste isn't too obvious ( for the "no taste" protein

I've never tried to add it to anything other than a shake with other ingredients -- it's pretty well masked in my shake, but I don't know what it would be like in pudding. This is my recipe if you want to try it:

1/4 C FF plain or vanilla organic yogurt

1/2 to 3/4 C frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, whatever)

1/2 T flaxseed oil

1 scoop of Protein powder

1 scoop of Perfect food greens

3/4 C orange juice

ice

puree everything really well.

Yes, the OJ adds calories, but it makes a big difference in hiding the taste of the Protein and the greens and it has Vitamins and other benefits. I'm still pre-op, so I'll obviously have to change my recipe after the band, but this is a good ratio of ingredients that you can scale down as needed.