Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting a tad irritated.

I emailed my surgeon's office manager last Wednesday to see if she could send me an update on how everything is going. Have I heard from her? Nope. Usually she responds within 24 hours, but not this time. This is so freaking frustrating.

I hate waiting for the docs office to call back. Hang in there. I'm sure they'll come through for you soon!

Hopefully, for all of the extra stress you have encountered, your success will be even sweeter! Hang in there though...it all happens the way it is supposed to (may sound weird, but it gets me by!).

We are rootin' for ya!

Well, I emailed her again, since she still hadn't responded to the email I sent her on the 18th. I figured that 8 days was more than enough time to wait for a response, and that if I hadn't received one by this morning, I probably wasn't going to get one. So we'll see how long it takes her now.

If I hadn't already spent so much time trying to get the surgery approved, and if this surgeon wasn't one of only two bariatric surgeons that my insurance would cover in Tennessee, and if the other surgeon that my insurance would cover was more experienced, I'd be very tempted to change surgeons again.

Can you give the office a call? Or better yet, call your insurance company. If they've even filed again yet, the ins co should be able to tell you that. Then you'll know where you are in the process. You also would be able to know if you have been approved or denied if it's gotten that far.

I just got an email from her, and what do you think was in it? Yet again, she is asking for test results that I already faxed to her and that she already told me she had. Argh. This is impossible.

Now is when I would be glad I am so compulsive when it comes to documentation of things like this!

I'd email her back a time and date she was given the information---and I'd make sure the surgeon, as well as insurance knew she was as unprofessional as she is seeming to be. This is not the first time she has done this to you is it? I thought I read where she had misplaced all this before.....or am I confusing threads (highly possible!!)

Copy and document everything----no one cares about this as much as you do!!!!

Hang in there---and good luck!

Kat

Now is when I would be glad I am so compulsive when it comes to documentation of things like this!

I'd email her back a time and date she was given the information---and I'd make sure the surgeon, as well as insurance knew she was as unprofessional as she is seeming to be. This is not the first time she has done this to you is it? I thought I read where she had misplaced all this before.....or am I confusing threads (highly possible!!)

Copy and document everything----no one cares about this as much as you do!!!!

Hang in there---and good luck!

Kat

Yep, she's done it before. And the other surgeon's office did it to me, too. Luckily, I have been replying with the same string of emails, so I have proof that she emailed me and told me that she had the results. I should have just told her to look about 4 or 5 emails down in the message, and she'd see her own reply stating that she had my results.

Good for you----now take it a step further, and print them out, so if you need it for the insurance to step in and help at any point you have her!!!

Keep after it!!!!! If you have been communicating with her civilly you probably are doing better than I would have been!!!

Kat

Good for you----now take it a step further, and print them out, so if you need it for the insurance to step in and help at any point you have her!!!

Keep after it!!!!! If you have been communicating with her civilly you probably are doing better than I would have been!!!

Kat

I've got them saved on a flash drive. I am trying to be civil with her (believe me, it's a chore at this point) because I figure it will only get worse if I'm rude. At this point, I'm sort of stuck. This surgeon is one of only two in the state that my insurance is willing to cover. She's also the most experienced of the two. I really am wishing that I decided to go out of state for surgery, though, because I am starting to lose patience.

And you're pre-band? I would worry that AFTER banding, it would be hard to get in touch with someone for information with how they are handling things. My only complaint with my doctor is no one has e-mail and I really prefer to do things in e-mail. When I call, 2/3 times they are busy and ask me to leave a voicemail for someone to call me back. And they always do within the hour. My pain doctors, they do not even TAKE phone calls. You have to leave a voicemail anytime you need ANYTHING (to make an appt, to follow up, to get refills, etc.) They drive me absolutely nuts, I've officially dropped them for it. I would leave voicemails with all my info, saying call me ASAP (for example, last time I needed injections), and 5 days later, and about 20 voicemails, they finally called me back. Just got the info (I already left on the voicemail) from me, and said my nurse would call me back!!! I lost my temper with them big time. So I completely sympathize, I hate hate hate when it's important and they don't get back or they lose things..

Whew.. so.. be careful going into it if this is how they treat you pre-band ;)

hi laurend---

just checking in on your progress...sounds like we're still in the same boat! can you believe that at some point we're not going to have to be mad at people?! there will be a day when we'll actually appreciate our bariatric clinic AND our insurance company! hang in there---we can do this!

courtney

there will be a day when we'll actually appreciate our bariatric clinic AND our insurance company!
At this point, I can't even imagine it. That would be nice, though.
hang in there---we can do this!
Yes, we can! And congrats on stopping smoking. You're doing great!

Well, I refaxed them the results of the tests, and they resubmitted everything to insurance today. I am hoping to hear back from the insurance company next week.

Keep us posted, please.

And please tell me that you included the emails, highlighted and underlined where she already told you she had those results?