Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnancy Inspiration!

Hi everyone,

I'm a band veteran but starting all over again after slippage and port issues, trying to make sure I do it right this time. The main goal I am working towards (besides wearing jeans again!) is starting a family. I'm 26 years old and my partner and I have been together 5 years, we own a house and I have a steady job that I love. I feel like it's almost time to start planning for a baby.

I am basically just not sure how long to wait, how to know if you're ready for a bub and any advice on family planning (how many to have, age gaps etc.). I don't have any close friends who are mothers and my mum is plagued by reproductive issues (I'm an only child, and infertility runs in our family so I don't want to wait too long) so I don't have many people to talk to about it. Please anyone feel free to share your experiences about parenthood and any advice or wisdom you've got!

I know I need to lose weight to give my children the best possible start in life, and to spend as long with them as I can. I want to be an active, fit and healthy mother and I want to be able to choose the size of my family without having my health dictate what I can do. How did people with the band find the early stages of pregnancy and cravings? Was it hard to see your weight balloon again after losing so much?

I'm trying to start using Pinterest to inspire me to keep fit, healhy and active, and any book recommendations would be welcome too, I'm a nerd at heart and if I want to understand something I usually start by reading!

Thanks,

I was banded June of 2012. I got banned because I had 8 failed treatments and would have to do ivf next. I have PCOS and never ovulated. After my band I started walking, then jogging, then running. I also took classes at my local gym (loved zumba). Then I discovered crossfit and became addicted. It motivated me to want to work out every day, some days twice a day. My scale numbers didn't go down as fast but my body was shrinking and looking fit.

I had told my husband if we weren't pregnant by this summer than we were going to do ivf. I wanted to be pregnant by 30. Last September I remember crying because it was my birthday and I still wasn't a mother. Little did I know I was pregnant at the time :-) I just gave birth to my son on June 13th. No treatments needed!

When I got pregnant I was 194 (shortly after my profile pic was taken). I wanted to gain no more than 30lbs but I ended up gaining 40. I was hard at first but I know how hard I worked and sweated my butt of to lose the weight that I have no doubts I will lose it again. Plus I have already registered for a 15 mile obstacle course in November I have to train for and I'm counting down the days until I get to return to crossfit (July 29th)! In the the weeks since having my son in down to 211 so only 16lbs left. :-)

I did crossfit my entire pregnancy including my due date. I did quit running because little man sat so low. I had a great pregnancy and delivery and I know it is because I was healthy. I wouldn't change it for the world. I had to take the time to take care of me first.

Now the plan is to take the next year to enjoy my son and get back to training then at the end of next summer I want to try and get pregnant again.

Hope this helps!

<p>Hi everyone,</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm a band veteran but starting all over again after slippage and port issues, trying to make sure I do it right this time. The main goal I am working towards (besides wearing jeans again!) is starting a family. I'm 26 years old and my partner and I have been together 5 years, we own a house and I have a steady job that I love. I feel like it's almost time to start planning for a baby.</p> <p> </p> <p>I am basically just not sure how long to wait, how to know if you're ready for a bub and any advice on family planning (how many to have, age gaps etc.). I don't have any close friends who are mothers and my mum is plagued by reproductive issues (I'm an only child, and infertility runs in our family so I don't want to wait too long) so I don't have many people to talk to about it. Please anyone feel free to share your experiences about parenthood and any advice or wisdom you've got!</p> <p> </p> <p>I know I need to lose weight to give my children the best possible start in life, and to spend as long with them as I can. I want to be an active, fit and healthy mother and I want to be able to choose the size of my family without having my health dictate what I can do. How did people with the band find the early stages of pregnancy and cravings? Was it hard to see your weight balloon again after losing so much?</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm trying to start using Pinterest to inspire me to keep fit, healhy and active, and any book recommendations would be welcome too, I'm a nerd at heart and if I want to understand something I usually start by reading!</p> <p> </p> <p>Thanks,</p> <p> </p>

hello,

I am 26 turning 27 in Sep and I have two children one before my band and one after. I am hear for you if you have any questions !