Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm considering port revision surgery, and would love to hear from those who has had this done. Since losing just about all of my weight, the port is so close to the surface, waistbands sit right on it, and I can feel it when I lean up against something. My surgeon said that he can replace it with a low profile port, and move it to the underside of the muscle. I'm 90% sure I will do it, but I have some concerns; the biggest one being, upsetting a system that is working perfectly.

When I asked my doc about potential issues, this was his response:

Generally there are no problems. Very few infections and usually only if there was an infection before surgery. Some patients have said they feel less satiety but the vast majority say the band is working the same way it was before the port was changed. Most patients like the improved port

Any insight from people who have done this, is appreciated :)

Edited by mrsto

I'll be following this topic. Mine sticks out like a 3rd nipple shaped like a pop bottle cap.

I would think that many of the people who thought they felt less satiety are worry warts like we see on the forum(no offense folks). Any rationalization to be able to eat more food.

Seems like injecting through muscle might be a little more painful than just through the epidermis?

TMF - you crack me up! :lol:

That's a good point......about how they inject when the port is under the muscle. I'm pretty tolerant of needles, so even if it has to go deeper in, I'll be okay. But that's something I haven't considered. Good thing I rarely get fills anymore!!

I had the same thought about the people who say that their satiety level reduced. It makes no logical sense, because the port doesn't affect the placement and fill of the band. I can't imagine that I'd feel any different satiety wise. But just hearing that made me pause......and post the question on this site. I've been doing so well overall, and I don't want to jinx it :mellow:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches