Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEED HELP & ADVICE PLEASE!

Hi There,

My name is Carole, i live in Manchester, UK and I had my band fitted in 2007 with a start weight of 19 stone. (I now have 8 mils in my band)

After several fills and coping reasonably well with my diet I started losing weight and In 2011 I hit the 13 stone mark and fluctuated between 12 stone 7 and 13 stone up until July 2013 when i reached my goal weight of 10 stone 11lbs..

Between then and now I have had an awful lot of emotional issues going on in my life due to a break up in my marraige. I am an emotional eater and when I am upset my comfort is food!!

During this time i have put on weight and I am now 11 stone 13lbs... there is no way I want to let myself go up into the next stone mark... but I feel so out of control...

I feel a lot better emotionally at the moment and need to get myself back into letting my band help me.

I need to lose approx' 16lbs, so not a great deal, but to do it I feel i need some help.

I would appreciate it if anyone has any advice to give, or has been in a similar situation that can help me get back on track.

Many Thanks

Carole

Are you eating slider foods or sweets? Do you think a fill would help?

If you're band is adjusted properly it seems like you could just go back to eating healthy foods to lose that weight?

thanks for the reply..

yes i do eat slider foods!!! I am trying my best to eat proper food, but sometimes end up being sick because of my restriction. I think i need to start again with the basics, eat small amounts little and often and chew chew chew!!

I will let you know how i go on

Carole x

I have found, for myself, the band is the band is the band...it is a constant regardless of where I am, or what I am feeling...

if I was in a traditional diet, then yes, just as every diet I have ever been on, everything made me, or gave me the excuse to, eat....

last night everyone from my office went out to dinner...all paid for, as much as you want to eat and drink....

I had a few drinks, and picked at all the different appetizers ....by the time came to order the main course, I passed...I could not possibly eat anything else....

I did order a cup of Soup, a slider if you will, and i could not finish that either....

But then that's me and my band...I in no way advocate the way other people find their success....it is adjustable to suit each individual....

Edited by B-52