Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Sanchez- Monterrey Mx

We are so pleased with our experience with Dr. Sanchez!!! As someone else stated about their Dr.; after dealing with some U.S. Dr's it was so refreshing and confidence building to be treated with such care. We were never made to feel that we were wasting, or taking too much of his time or that our questions were not important. He is surrounded by a wonderful team of Dr's and health care experts.

I am very pleased to see so many others are happy with the Dr. they chose. :)

Guest Denise R. Bass

I am looking into having surgery in Mexico and so far have only found Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. Could you tell me more about the proceedure and how you are doing the fills in the US. Only started this process. Thanks

Hi Denise,

It was my husband that had the surgery. Of course we would recommend Dr. Sanchez, but there are many Mexican Dr's with great reputations.

I'll try to name a few and you can search on google for their name with "lap-band" also.

Rumbaut

Ortiz

Rodriguez

Kuri

Lopez

I'm sure others may come along with more suggestions.

Good Luck!

Guest fairyalison77

Hi!!! I also had my surgery in Mexico. I had it Tijuana, Mexico with dr. verboonen and I feel great. I had the surgery with him because a friend from a friend had it with him too and she´s really happy. I was a little uncertain to have the surgery in Mexico, but since somebody I knew had it and I could talk to her, that incouraged me a little bit.

Have a beautiful and healthy day!!! :cool:

Guest barnrat

Hi Denise,

I had surgery in Mexico with Dr. Sanchez on Sept 14. It was a very positive experience. I live by Madison and come to Sauk City alot to get horse supplies. I would be gald to answer any question for you. I also sent you a private e-mail so if you want to get in touch with me we can talk.

Becky;)

Laurel, How is Wayne doing? I have read some of your posts and see that he is struggling a little. Well me too. I am starting to gain weight back. I had my first fill on October 6th, but the doctor didn't fill it as much as Eric (AnnMarie's husband) said that he should, so I have no restriction. I am going to New York City next Monday for my 2nd fill. Hope that I start to see some results soon. It gets discouraging, but tell Wayne to hang in there....he's not alone. Take Care

Barb

Barb,

Sry I didn't answer sooner. Our ISP was on the blitz and I hooked up a dial-up today to get on.

Wayne is not doing good, he is gaining weight and eats anything he wants to! His last fill brought him up to 6cc, but he is not restricted. I am still playing shut mouth and know when he decides to he will have the tool to lose weight. (Not the miracle tool we expected, huh?) :cool: But he is still down about 25 lbs from surgery date, he gets around better and that is good.

Dr. Susanna at Dr. Sanchez office says she believes another .5cc will do the trick for him,,,,,how she can think that I have no idea.

We will be going near his fill Dr. next month so if he wants to we may go by there and get him another fill.

I hope your next one does the trick for you!

Hi Laurel, I went to New York City yesterday for another fill (2.0cc) that makes 5.5cc total. I am hanging in there. I feel kind of restricted today, but as I am sure that you know this band is fickle. It will get easier for Wayne with the right amount of fill. Wish him luck for me.

Barb

Denise,

The only person I ever met who had had surgery with Joya, had a horrid experience, especially in terms of the surgery itself and recovery. When I met her, she was in another doctor's care. In the overall scheme of things, one person's bad experience isn't much, but this lady's experiences were enough that I had to mention it.

The doctors about whom I never hear anything negative (well, sometimes people complain about staff, but never about surgical competence) are Sanchez and Rumbaut in Monterrey. (They are not partners; they are actually competitors.) In Tijuana, Kuri is consistently competent and (like Rumbaut) someone Inamed calls to fix problems created elsewhere. And Lopez in Tijuana, has a good reputation, too. (Ortiz is also in Tijuana and competent, but--based on my experience and that of others--getting a good fill is a hit and miss thing with him. Ortiz and Lopez were partners, but they may have moved on to other partners...I'm not sure.)

Sue

I just wanted to add that I just got back from surgery with Dr. Sanchez and had an incredible experience! I am a nursing student and the hospital was state of the art. Rumbaut actually trained under Dr. Sanchez before he went out on his own BTW...

~Lea

11/8 Dr. Sanchez

253/249/219 mini goal (less then my hubby)

Guest hola2u

What was the turn around time for surgery from the time you decide to use this Dr. ?

I'm intersted in using Dr. Sanchez and will pay out of pocket but was curious about how long the wait is.

Guest hola2u

What was the turn around time for surgery from the time you decide to use this Dr. ?

I'm intersted in using Dr. Sanchez and will pay out of pocket but was curious about how long the wait is.

Quick

When I decided on Dr. Sanchez in late July and spoke several times with Ann Marie. (Had some blood work done.) It was a matter of getting an airline ticket and telling them when I was coming. I flew in on 8/13/03 at 10:30 pm, was picked up by Alex the driver, brought to a hotel, had surgery 12:30 pm on 8/14/03, spent the night in the hospital, spent the next night back at the hotel, then left 6:00 am on 8/16/03 back home. Was back to work monday 8/18/03.

Dr. Sanchez has been very busy! also look into finding a fill doctor in your area, one that fills MX patients, ask if they fill AMI or non-Inamed bands. You might want to demand an Inamed band with Dr. Sanchez. I have an AMI and am very happy with it and have a great fill doctor.

Good luck

He is one of the best doctors!! his staff can be a bit busy at times.