Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On track for November Surgery

Anyone else with me?

I'm still in the early stages, as I still have 5 more PCP visits as well as my preop testing, but things will definitely start accelerating next week as those tests begin.

I'm excited about what lies ahead, but a little nervous as well. My BMI is flirting with 40, and I do have comorbidities, but I'm afraid of insurance rejection. Still, though, I'm going to push forward and see what happens. I have big plans for myself post-surgery and can't wait to see where I am a year from now!

I am also in the early stages of surgery. I just finished my 3rd nutritional visit in hopes of an October surgery date. I am slowly trying to learn to eat slower and not just scarf down my food. I am getting better. Because there is an app for that. :) Good luck with everything. And if you need a buddy. I will be here for you.

I am looking at September possibly I have 4 more pcp visits. I was so excited until my insurance had the 6 month diet stipulation. Kinda feel like its just dragging out. I too want to see what a year brings me.

Yeah, I keep thinking to myself the plans I have post surgery. I can't wait to see what I'll be like a year from now. I want to start working out, get active, have the self esteem go back to the pool or beach. Sucks that I pay all this money for insurance and they want to set stipulations to me having surgery.

Yes me too. I have all these mixed emotions. Im scared yet excited. Im thinking end of August or September. Everyone says its worth it. Im ready to start living again. I need an exercise buddy. Some one who understands.

Anyone else with me?<br><br> I'm still in the early stages, as I still have 5 more PCP visits as well as my preop testing, but things will definitely start accelerating next week as those tests begin. <br><br> I'm excited about what lies ahead, but a little nervous as well. My BMI is flirting with 40, and I do have comorbidities, but I'm afraid of insurance rejection. Still, though, I'm going to push forward and see what happens. I have big plans for myself post-surgery and can't wait to see where I am a year from now!

Good luck with all that. I'm at my last visit on the 27th after that I have my surgeon appt which is Jund 4th after that submission for approval super scared about that

Tammie, as long as you meet what ever criteria your insurance sets for you, you should and will be approved. They want to approve you bec in the long run you will need less medical care.

Tammie, as long as you meet what ever criteria your insurance sets for you, you should and will be approved. They want to approve you bec in the long run you will need less medical care.

Ive done it all.. I just need the psych and one more pcp.. The Nutri and see the surgeon but that's the same day.. June 4

Cool, right on target and right around the corner. You must be excited. I need psych, nutri, pulmonary and just get my xrays and reults to my surgery center bec I used outside prividers. I have a pending surgery date for July but waiting on fixing my thyroid levels first. Have a fun Memorial day weekend.

Cool, right on target and right around the corner. You must be excited. I need psych, nutri, pulmonary and just get my xrays and reults to my surgery center bec I used outside prividers. I have a pending surgery date for July but waiting on fixing my thyroid levels first. Have a fun Memorial day weekend.

Yeah I used all outside people from my surgery center... Well I did a few outside. Like my pcp outside my surgery, the ultrasound EKG and psych. I did the upper GI in the hospital.... They told me it's ok and I could do it all wherever I want to get it done as long as I got it done. At least you have a date I don't know and it got me shook...

Yeah my primary fear is insurance approval. I've got a $2,500 deductible that I'll meet on all these pre-tests (UGI, Ultrasound, Hida Scan, Gastroenterology, sleep study, psych eval, nutrition visits, etc), but I'll be good and furious if I pay all this money for all these tests and then my insurance tries to give me a hard time. But I keep reminding myself that I meet the requirements......40 BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, borderline diabetes.....I'm so excited to be on the track toward this surgery to have a new me. I just wish my closest friends and family would be excited for me and not try to talk me out of it. They're concerned about complications and risks, etc.

Yeah my primary fear is insurance approval. I've got a $2,500 deductible that I'll meet on all these pre-tests (UGI, Ultrasound, Hida Scan, Gastroenterology, sleep study, psych eval, nutrition visits, etc), but I'll be good and furious if I pay all this money for all these tests and then my insurance tries to give me a hard time. But I keep reminding myself that I meet the requirements......40 BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, borderline diabetes.....I'm so excited to be on the track toward this surgery to have a new me. I just wish my closest friends and family would be excited for me and not try to talk me out of it. They're concerned about complications and risks, etc.

Yeah.. Just make sure up I go to ALLLLL your appts .. Your insurance doesn't pay for all that stuff ?? That sucks

I have $750 ded. $2250 OOP which has all been met with my boys knee surgeries. I think as long as I keep my appts I should be ok & get it paid at 100%. What are most complications & risks? I keep thinking im ok. I just need to apply myself to exercise & right diet. The cormobidities are my major health issues. I need to do this surgery.

Yeah.. Just make sure up I go to ALLLLL your appts .. Your insurance doesn't pay for all that stuff ?? That sucks

I have copays on most stuff, but I have to meet my deductible before the insurance picks up its part, which is 80/20 until my total Out Of Pocket is met, then it picks up 100%. So I'm thinking my maximum OOP is $4500.

Anyone else with me?<br><br> I'm still in the early stages, as I still have 5 more PCP visits as well as my preop testing, but things will definitely start accelerating next week as those tests begin. <br><br> I'm excited about what lies ahead, but a little nervous as well. My BMI is flirting with 40, and I do have comorbidities, but I'm afraid of insurance rejection. Still, though, I'm going to push forward and see what happens. I have big plans for myself post-surgery and can't wait to see where I am a year from now!

Hi, in new here and not sure how to post lol I'm trying now! I'm looking at a November sleeve surgery, had 1st doc visit and torn between sleeve and band but so many people I know who have the band have major problems I see them all the time.. Anyone else a little scared of removing some anatomy with sleeve ?