Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Single..... Am I the only one?

Am I the only one going through this surgery as a single female? I have had relationships but I want someone who values me and doesn't treat me like trash so I am single. I'm also very overweight. I just wonder if I am not alone in this matter what you did for support or what happened once you started loosing weight? Rather Lonely at times!

I am single as well and severely overweight it's tough at times but luckily I have the full support of my family and I am putting myself out there now to date because if a man doesn't want me at my worse he doesn't deserve me when Im a better version of me! Good luck girl

I'm divorced -- 2 teen boys living at home with me. I'm trying to get the support I need from this site, from a couple of close friends and just from my faith in God. It's hard not having a husband/significant other to talk about the surgery with but I'm finding other ways to feel supported.

I tried some online dating but it hasn't panned out at all, so I think I'm just going to put that on hold for a while.

Best wishes!

Ginger snaps... My dating is on hold too but I still get lonely at times.

I certainly feel lonely at times -- just because my two teen boys live with me doesn't mean the provide companionship! And the two dogs are just downright ANNOYING most of the time! :)

I have tried to get involved in more social activities to help with some of that loneliness. I have a friend that started a walking group with me -- we invite friends and show up once a week to walk and talk for about an hour and a half. I have another friend who I just call up now and then and we try to find somewhere interesting and different to go. Especially all those local places that you've heard of and just haven't tried -- gardens, museums, etc. I've also gotten involved in two groups at my church and just make myself get up and go to those even when I don't feel like it.

One thing I've heard (and found true) is that when you are feeling lonely or feel like you're becoming depressed, to volunteer somewhere you feel passion about. Like at the local Soup kitchen or homeless shelter or teen runaway home, etc. When you are volunteering and giving back to others, you'll feel better for yourself and who knows who you might meet!

Best wishes...

Ginger

Ginger,

That's great I'm usually around someone but like you said them nor my children can provide the companionship I seek. I am ok but the desire to share my life with someone is always there. I believe this is a Journey God needs me to take alone so I will depend on him more. I'm ok with that

Ginger, <br><br>

That's great I'm usually around someone but like you said them nor my children can provide the companionship I seek. I am ok but the desire to share my life with someone is always there. I believe this is a Journey God needs me to take alone so I will depend on him more. I'm ok with that cause I know my God fearing southern prince is on his way Lol :)

Thanks for the Advice,

Ginger