Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All the Alberta girls

and no more popcorn too :( that is going to suck for me.

Yeah my stay in Mexico was one night before , one I hospital and two in hotel then home, the flight home definitely wasn't fun, but I also delays and missed connecting flights and had to stay a unexpected night in Denver with nothing! I think day 4 was my worse day for feeling crappy.. But after that it was smooth sailing!

Just got back from Mexico two days ago in the evening. The traveling home was rough and yesterday wasn't awesome (day 4) but this morning I woke up feeling a lot better. It was the first good sleep I've had because I could easily move into different positions! So 4 rough days to start my new life isn't too bad!!

I definitely feel lied to though. Whoever said they didn't feel hungry the first week must have been crazy! All I want to do is eat something!!!!

I'm from AB but recently in BC. I'm going to MX (LIMARP - Weight Loss Forever) in six days!!! Ahh!!! I'm on day two of my clear liquid week (just finished a week of full liquids), and I'm feeling pretty good!!

I'm from AB but recently in BC. I'm going to MX (LIMARP - Weight Loss Forever) in six days!!! Ahh!!! I'm on day two of my clear liquid week (just finished a week of full liquids), and I'm feeling pretty good!!

Oh wow! You had to do full and Clear Liquids before surgery? That would be really hard. I only had to do 1 week no carb, 8 hrs only Water, 8 hours of nothing leading up to surgery. You're a very dedicated person to be able to do that long of a no-food diet prior to surgery! Good luck with everything. 6 more days!!!!

I am pretty proud of myself! I'm a lower BMI, and I was surprised I still had to do it, but after researching on the reasons for it, I'm totally determined to keep the benefits of it in mind while I'm sipping my broth. I also really respect my surgeons point of view on the pre and post op care, so trusting her makes me confident in doing it as well. I dream of the day I can have a mashed carrot though! Haha

Haha you're not kidding!!!

How have you been healing? Feeling okay?

What's the name of this Jello?

Yes...I'm already "done with" my "favourite" Protein shake. Tastes so good to start, then 20 shakes later, you can barely swallow it.

I'm trying to fight the urge to buy a new container when this one is half full, cause I'm sure I'm not going to like either during post op!

Yeah, I can definitely see phase 2 becoming intolerable quickly... But I bet those first 2 days will be glorious!!

The Jello is called Ideal Protein. We stumbled across it at a local pharmacy in Calgary. You can probably order it online though. The Protein drinks they carry are not that good but the Jello is delicious!

I'm actually feeling decent today. My sister and I both had our surgeries on Monday evening in Mexico (which in hindsight, sounds even crazier than before we went) but everything went well. I would have preferred to do it here but the wait list is 3-5 years and I couldn't afford to pay out of pocket. The incisions are healing pretty well - a bit red and bruised but not painful and our stomachs don't hurt and we're not nauseous. I took pain killers for a headache last night but all in all, feel fine. Just really tired and weak. I'm having a hard time with the medications and Vitamins but I talked to my doctor and the pharmacist and they both think switching to chewable vitamins would be fine. So I'm off to the store for a yummy treat! Haha!

Good for you! It's not crazy sounding at all. I'm going to Mexico too. The one I'm going to is a centre of excellence, but there are many hospitals there that I've higher standards than even here!

I'm not allowed to have Vitamins until 5 weeks post op. I've heard they can be difficult! Hopefully the chewable ones work better. There are some you can mix in a drink too!

Oh really? 5 weeks?? That's really interesting. Did your surgeon tell you why?

My sister is having troubles stomaching them but I also don't want to start losing my hair so I'm torn. I'm not taking them all yet, just trying to take the ones that will help with absorption and immediate symptoms (like weakness and dizziness).