Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

READ THIS B4 BEING BANDED...My Experience

Krystal,

Do you like chili? That's one of my favorite meals. It does take a little more effort and time, but it makes enough to freeze away some to pull out for quickie meals later. Here's my recipe:

3 lb. lean ground beef, well-browned and drained (or you can use half ground beef and half ground turkey)

3 onions, chopped (You can buy frozen chopped onions & peppers if you want to make it a little easier!)

3 bell peppers, chopped

4 cloves garlic, minced

2 cans Rotel

4 cans diced tomatoes<O:p</O:p

1 T salt<O:p</O:p

5 T. chili powder<O:p</O:p

3 cans kidney Beans, drained

<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

Brown beef well and drain. Remove to paper toweling to drain further. In same pan, sauté onions, peppers, and garlic. Put beef and sautéed vegetables in stock pot with Rotel, canned tomatoes, salt, chili powder, and sugar. Simmer 1-2 hrs., remove lid, add drained Beans and simmer 5”.<O:p</O:p

Yes I love chili....but i always have heard chili was really bad for you. Im trying to figure out what im going to eat today........maybe ill consider making this chili....mmmmmmmm

Here's a wonderful chicken recipe that everyone asks me to make constantly:

Garlic Lime Chicken

Per Serving: 343 Calories; 11g Fat (31.1% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 147mg Cholesterol; 612mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.

Not bad....sounds yummy.....

IMMA BE A GOOD COOK BY THE TIME I LOSE ALL MY WEIGHT I NEED TO LOSE!!!!:clap2: :hungry:

"i always have heard chili was really bad for you"

No, chili's actually very healthy, as long as you make it as low-fat as possible. That's why I drain the beef, and then lay it out on paper towels after it's cooked so I can pat off as much of the fat as possible. Even better to use half turkey/half beef. Chili has plenty of Protein, Fiber, and anti-oxidants (lycopene in the cooked tomatoes). Chili from Wendy's is one of my few fast-food choices that I don't feel guilty about! (But homemade is even better!)

By the way, you are doing great. I love your attitude!

Tami

Yes I love chili....but i always have heard chili was really bad for you. Im trying to figure out what im going to eat today........maybe ill consider making this chili....mmmmmmmm

No, not at all. If you want to make it extra healthy then substitute the ground beef for ground turkey. It makes for a verrrry low fat, high Protein, decent calorie meal.

No, not at all. If you want to make it extra healthy then substitute the ground beef for ground turkey. It makes for a verrrry low fat, high Protein, decent calorie meal.

OR... venison. I LOVE venison chili and it's V lean

OR... venison. I LOVE venison chili and it's V lean

I do too! It is so lean too. I sometimes mix 1/2 venison and 1/2 lean beef. I eat it often with the band.

If u really want to make extra healthy chili, add some veggies. I have made my chili with primavera tomatoes. delmonte has a can of tomatoes with carrots and zuchinni. It is very good. I use ground turkey. Beef sits on my stomach. Happy eating I am actually having turkey chili today. 8oz is all I can eat.

I forgot I have a 12 week treadmill challenge ( I have no treadmill LOL) if anybody wants to do it with me. I can post it or pm me and I can send it to you. I haven't joined a gym yet can't necessarily afford it. However I am going to try the park district down the street. Come hell or high Water I am doing the challenge. My friend has a treadmill collecting clothes and won't sell it to me. :eek: :think That's ok I am going to look for a good treadmill. In the meantime I will be on the challenge. Thanks Krystal for your motivation and daily posts.

I forgot I have a 12 week treadmill challenge ( I have no treadmill LOL) if anybody wants to do it with me. I can post it or pm me and I can send it to you. I haven't joined a gym yet can't necessarily afford it. However I am going to try the park district down the street. Come hell or high Water I am doing the challenge. My friend has a treadmill collecting clothes and won't sell it to me. :eek: :think That's ok I am going to look for a good treadmill. In the meantime I will be on the challenge. Thanks Krystal for your motivation and daily posts.

I would love to join the challenge!!!! Post it for us please!!! Some people are just readers and not posters so some may want it and not ask for it. Please please post for all to see!!!! Ill do it with you!

here is the 12 week workout challenge:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 555pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=740 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 18.85pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=25> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 536.15pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=715> <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Essentials

Warm up (5 minutes)

Walk slowly (1.5 to 2 mph) for 1 minute. Slow your speed (to no more than 1.8 mph), and walk on your toes for 30 seconds, then switch to your heels for 30 seconds. Repeat the toe and heel walking one more time. Raise your incline to 6, and stretch your legs by taking longer strides for 1 minute. Lower the incline to 0, and speed up to 2.5 to 3 mph for 1 minute.

Cool down (5 minutes)

At the end of your walk, reduce your speed to 2.5 to 3.5 mph, and walk for 3 minutes. Then slow down to 1.5 to 2.5 mph, and walk for 2 more minutes.

Stretch

To avoid tight calves, try this stretch: Standing on the edge of a step, gently lower one heel. Hold for 45 to 60 seconds, then switch legs.

Cardio Walk

After warming up, walk between 3 and 4 mph. Choose a pace that has you breathing harder but still allows you to talk without gasping. Remember to cool down afterward.

Weeks 1 to 4

Walk for 20 minutes. Total workout time: 30 minutes

Weeks 5 to 8

Walk for 30 minutes. Total workout time: 40 minutes

Weeks 9 to 12

Walk for 40 minutes. Total workout time: 50 minutes

Speed Intervals

After warming up, walk at a moderate pace (3 to 3.5 mph) for 5 minutes. Now you'll begin your intervals: Increase to a fast walk (3.5 to 4.5 mph; see below for durations), followed by a 5-minute moderate pace (3 to 3.5 mph). You'll repeat the fast/moderate intervals a total of three times. Finish with the cooldown.

Weeks 1 to 4

Do 1-minute speed intervals. Total workout time: 33 minutes

Weeks 5 to 8

Do 2-minute speed intervals. Total workout time: 36 minutes

Weeks 9 to 12

Do 3-minute speed intervals. Total workout time: 39 minutes<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 294pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=392 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #cdc7df; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8" colSpan=2><?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" colSpan=2><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 6.75pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top>Home > Fitness > Fitness Programs > This Is Your Year > 12-Week Treadmill Workout <o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"> <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" colSpan=2><v:shape id=_x0000_i1027 style="WIDTH: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 10.5pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 294pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=392 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" colSpan=2>

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- hide from non-JavaScript browsers document.writeln('<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/prevention/fitness;kw=;slot=390x40.1;topic=fitnessprograms;sbtpc=thisisyouryear;tile=8;sz=390x40;ord=' + ord + '?" type="text/javascript">'); document.writeln(' </script>'); // end hide from browsers --> <script language="JavaScript" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/prevention/fitness;kw=;slot=390x40.1;topic=fitnessprograms;sbtpc=thisisyouryear;tile=8;sz=390x40;ord=6916768229137191?" type="text/javascript"> </script>

<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1030" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="Click here to find out more!" href="http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v8/3538/0/0/%2a/o;44306;0-0;0;12155383;4615-390/40;0/0/0;;~sscs=%3f" target="_blank" style='width:.75pt;height:.75pt' o:button="t"> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image004.gif" o:href="http://m1.2mdn.net/viewad/817-grey.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> 12-Week Treadmill Workout<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1031" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:10.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td rowspan=2 valign=top style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign=bottom style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=129 bgcolor="#cdc7bf" style='width:96.75pt;mso-cellspacing:0in;background:#CDC7BF'> <tr> <td style='padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=128 bgcolor=white style='width:96.0pt;mso-cellspacing:0in;background:white;mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in'> <tr> <td style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1032" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="print this article" href="/article/0,5778,s1-2-67-682-3600-1-P,00.html" target="_new" style='width:43.5pt;height:18.75pt' o:button="t"> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image006.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/print.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1033" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:18.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image007.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/divider.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1034" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="email this article" href="/mail/1,5740,s1-2-67-682-3600-1,00.html?path=/pvn/article" style='width:51.75pt;height:18.75pt' o:button="t"> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image008.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/email.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> </table> <o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1035" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:10.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr></table><![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p>

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=392 style='width:294.0pt; mso-cellspacing:0in;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <tr> <td width=392 valign=top style='width:294.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=392 style='width:294.0pt; mso-cellspacing:0in;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <tr> <td style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=right bgcolor=white style='mso-cellspacing:0in;background:white;mso-table-anchor-vertical: paragraph;mso-table-anchor-horizontal:column;mso-table-left:right; mso-table-top:middle'> <tr> <td width=14 style='width:10.5pt;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1036" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:10.5pt; height:.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td width=140 valign=top style='width:105.0pt;background:#F3E1F4; padding:9.25pt .75pt .65pt .75pt'>

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=112 style='width:84.0pt; mso-cellspacing:0in;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> In This Article<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1037" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt; height:3.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign=top style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> > <o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Essentials<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign=top style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> > <o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Cardio Walk<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Speed Intervals<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Incline Intervals<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Power Mix<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Strength Moves<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1038" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt; height:10.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> </table>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1039" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:10.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> </table> Incline Intervals

After warming up, walk for 5 minutes at 3 to 4 mph with your treadmill at a 0 or 1 incline. Then increase the incline (see below for specifics) for 5 minutes. As you raise the incline, you may need to slow your speed to maintain good form. You'll repeat the flat/incline sequence a total of two times. Then walk for another 5 minutes at 0 or 1 incline before cooling down.

Weeks 1 to 4

Increase your incline to 4 or 5. Total workout time: 35 minutes

Weeks 5 to 8

Increase your incline to 6 or 7. Total workout time: 35 minutes

Weeks 9 to 12

Increase your incline to 8 or 9. Total workout time: 35 minutes

Power Mix

After warming up, try this sequence. Always cool down afterward.

Speed Pyramid

Walk for 30 seconds at 3.5 mph; increase to 4.5 mph for 30 seconds. Walk for 45 seconds at 3.5; increase to 4.5 for 45 seconds. Walk for 1 minute at 3.5; increase to 4.5 mph for 1 minute.

Incline Pyramid

Start at an incline of 4, and walk for 1 minute. Elevate to 5 for another minute. Continue to increase the incline every minute up to an incline of 8, and then decrease the incline every minute, back down to 4. Try to maintain 3 to 4 mph throughout.

Recovery

Walk at 3 to 4 mph (0 incline) for 5 minutes.

Weeks 1 to 4

Do the workout one time through. Total workout time: 28.5 minutes.

Weeks 5 to 8

Do the following sequence: speed pyramid, incline pyramid, recovery, speed pyramid, recovery. Total workout time: 38 minutes

Weeks 9 to 12

Do the workout two times through. Total workout time: 47 minutes<o:p></o:p>

<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p>

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=right bgcolor=white style='mso-cellspacing:0in;background:white;mso-table-anchor-vertical:paragraph; mso-table-anchor-horizontal:column;mso-table-left:right;mso-table-top:middle'> <tr> <td width=14 style='width:10.5pt;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1040" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:10.5pt;height:.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td width=140 valign=top style='width:105.0pt;background:#F3E1F4;padding: 9.25pt .75pt .65pt .75pt'>

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=112 style='width:84.0pt; mso-cellspacing:0in;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> In This Article<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1041" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:3.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Essentials<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Cardio Walk<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Speed Intervals<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Incline Intervals<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Power Mix<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='padding:0in 0in 3.3pt 0in'> Strength Moves<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1042" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:10.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> </table>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=2 style='padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1043" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:10.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/assets/spacer.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr></table>Strength Moves

Walk at a very slow speed (about 0.5 to 1 mph) for the first two exercises,then stop the treadmill for the third. If you have time, repeat the whole3-minute sequence. As you get fitter, you can increase the speed, but werecommend staying at or below 2 mph.

Side Stepping<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_s1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='position:absolute;margin-left:-90pt; margin-top:-204.25pt;width:97.5pt;height:99pt;z-index:1; mso-wrap-distance-left:0;mso-wrap-distance-right:0; mso-position-horizontal-relative:text;mso-position-vertical-relative:line' o:allowoverlap="f"> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image018.jpg" o:title="fat_burning_02"/> <w:wrap type="square"/></v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]>

With the treadmill moving slowly and your right hand on the console, turn tothe left so your right shoulder is facing forward. As the belt moves your feetto the left, step your right foot to the right, and then step your left foot tothe right. Continue side stepping for 30 seconds. Repeat facing the right sidefor 30 more seconds. (Works inner and outer thighs and hips)

Lunge Stepping<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_s1027" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='position:absolute;margin-left:-90pt; margin-top:-276.7pt;width:97.5pt;height:99pt;z-index:2; mso-wrap-distance-left:0;mso-wrap-distance-right:0; mso-position-horizontal-relative:text;mso-position-vertical-relative:line' o:allowoverlap="f"> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image019.jpg" o:title="fat_burning_03"/> <w:wrap type="square"/></v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]>

Holding the front rail, let the belt take your feet back until your arms areextended, then take a large step forward with your right leg. Bending yourright knee, lower your left knee toward the belt, then press off with your leftfoot and stand back up. Continue by stepping forward, alternating legs, for 30seconds. (Works thighs and butt)

Squats<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_s1028" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='position:absolute;margin-left:-90pt;margin-top:-338.8pt;width:97.5pt; height:99pt;z-index:3;mso-wrap-distance-left:0;mso-wrap-distance-right:0; mso-position-horizontal-relative:text;mso-position-vertical-relative:line' o:allowoverlap="f"> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image020.jpg" o:title="fat_burning_04"/> <w:wrap type="square"/></v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]>

Stop the treadmill, and straddle the belt so you're standing on the frame. Withyour hands lightly resting on the front rail, sit back as if in a chair, butdon't extend your knees past your toes. Press into your heels, and stand backup. Repeat 12 times. (Works butt and thighs)

<![if !supportLineBreakNewLine]>

<![endif]><o:p></o:p>

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=418 style='width:313.5pt; mso-cellspacing:0in'> <tr style='height:22.5pt'> <td colspan=4 style='background:#E9AB46;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:22.5pt'>

12-Week Fat-Burning Workout<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:.75pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:.75pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1044" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:3.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Weeks 1 to 4<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Weeks 5 to 8<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Weeks 9 to 12<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:3.75pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:3.75pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1045" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1046" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Monday<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Cardio Walk<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Cardio Walk

Strength Moves<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Cardio Walk

</td> <td style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1047" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1048" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Tuesday<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Speed Intervals<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Speed Intervals<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1049" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1050" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Wednesday<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Cardio Walk<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1051" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1052" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image023.gif" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Thursday<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Incline Intervals<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Incline Intervals<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1053" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1054" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Friday<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Rest<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1055" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1056" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Saturday<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Power Mix<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Power Mix<o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:#FBF4CA;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1057" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> </tr> <tr style='height:4.5pt'> <td colspan=6 style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt; height:4.5pt'> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1058" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:.75pt;height:4.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Joi/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image021.png" o:href="http://www.prevention.com/images/clear.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]><o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Sunday<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td valign=top style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> Rest<o:p></o:p>

</td> <td style='background:white;padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'> <![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p>

<!--EndFragment--></body></html></SCRIPT></SPAN>

</TR></TBODY></P>

Awesome post.....I am where you were. I was banded on 4/21/05 I have lost 50 pounds.

That was in the first 6 months. I have gained a few, and lost them back. I eat junk food daily, and never a healthy meal. I have lots of issues going on, but I know thats just a BS excuse. I have no will power, and no motivation. I work everyday, and run aound with lots of errands everyday.

But pig out at night, and then vomit.

I think my 2 year banding date would be a good time to get REBANDED too.

Thank you for the post. Good Luck to everyone. God Bless

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

:hungry: So today I tried to make up for the past two days on eating. I think I might have eaten more than I should have tho.

For Breakfast I had 1/2 cup Total Cereal with 1 cup of skim milk. ( i use the milk left over to take my medication)

For lunch I had 1 1/2 tacos from Taco Bell. Just meat and cheese only. My hubby and I were out and he wanted TB real bad....so i went and ordered a kids 2 taco meal. Gave my daughter one taco and one for me. She ate half her taco and i ate her other half. I also had a pintos and cheese. I probably consumed 400 calories in one sitting but i made up for it at dinner time.

For dinner I made a pork chop with my all fave shake N BAKE...lol...I ate 3 bites of that.....yum......Then i attempted something that really shouldnt EVER be done again...

I tried to eat a baked potatoe with all my FAT FREE stuff.....

NOTE TO SELF: NEVER put FAT FREE butter, FAT FREE sour cream, and cheese on a baked potatoe.....YUCK....i took 2 bites and it all went straight into the trash...i said screw this....id rather eat smaller portions and enjoy it than eat yucky fat free stuff that makes me want to puke when it touches my mouth....:spit:

At least I tried right?

So I tried to clean up the kitchen today and make a concious effort to clean up the house but i been DRAGGING all day. I kept telling myself I need to workout......FINALLY at 730 i said thats it go do it...and i did...

Why is it that lately...(past 4-5 days) my body is struggling to walk 30 minutes on a treadmill? I been trying my best to keep going. I turned on a movie and I been trying to get into one while i walk and for some reason after 10 minutes im extremely tired and feel like i cant go on. Well it was hard...but i made it 30 minutes....1 mile....not much to some of you...but to me it was extremely hard. My legs were tingling and everything...whats with that?

Im hoping my hard work Im putting into this really pays off. I think I will have a fat free no sugar added fudgcicle tonight....man....what a day.

So is it bad if i just sit on my butt the rest of the night? I guess I feel being 360 lbs right now, it would be asking a lot of me to do more than what im currently doing....am i wrong? Seriously.....do you guys think i should be pushing myself harder? I dunno

OK......im gonna go watch "Notes on a Scandal" I rented it today.....its break time....:bored

(funny when i say its break time i end up sitting here for at least another 30 minutes)

Tata for now!

I love this site. Everyone here is so real...why can't everyday life be so supportive. Krystal, I am scheduled to be banded on 5/23/07 - North Shore Hospital. Reading your story was helpful. I know that when I can't have something, I crave it more, and I have had more pity parties than I care to admit, but I am learning to cut those shin-dings short. I too will check for you here and I hope that you will check on me.

WasaBubble Butt....you are cool people, that was very kind to open your arms, ears, alright computer (smile) to Krystal....hope you got room, I may be stopping in from time to time too.