Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat Arms?

Does anyone know the best way to tone your upper arms? I HATE my upper arms and i want to tone them when i exercise. I've been lifting 10lb weights everynight trying to tone the bottom flabby of my arms.... So far I notice only the top of my upper arms feel more toned.

I was looking for some equipment to help me with this.... I want to wear tank tops but won't because i feel my arms are gross.

Are these any good? (see below) I notice some say "light, medium, heavy" for the resistance.. I never used one of these.. Has anyone else? Any advice on how to accomplish this (ridding arm flab) is greatly appreciated! THANKS

p1253533dt.jpg

you should work on your triceps and biceps. if you have access to machines, to work your triceps you can do dips. That's where you stand in front of the machine, lock your elbows down on your sides, and press the bar down from about waist height (with your hands out in front of your body) down into your groin area.. you could just ask a trainer at a gym. Also, if you have some light dumbbells, probably around 2lbs for a lady, hold it straight above your head, lock your elbow in place, and just dip it behind your head and bring it back up. Make sure to leave your elbow pointed straight up toward the ceiling and use it like a henge. Those work really well. There are also some machines that are nice too. for biceps (in the front of your upper arm) do curls. hope that helps......

Those bands can be great and will work just fine if you're consistent. Also think about using body weight exercises like tricep dips and push ups as well.

With those bands, you can loop them round things and work your upper back as well or your chest just buy turning around. I sometimes use them outside, loop them round the pergola post and I also loop one over the pergola's overhead beam and pull down for triceps. There's loads of ways to use them and I actually prefer them to free weights you have a kind of stabilising you have to do through all planes of movement, which can give you faster results.

I've even found that just running regularly has toned my arms quite considerably from the arm motion.

I need those! Thanks for the info!

I use the bands and really like the workout. Do it every morning and i see a little difference in my arms but not enough. I found my tricep muscles were really weak and while they are getting better I don't think sleeveless shirts are in my future! I hate that but don't see the arm surgery in my future!

I have the same problem, I call mine my pterodactyl wings. I hate them. I have tried alot of things, and I think the one where you hold the weight behind your head and come down and back up work some.

I have tried and tried to get rid of them. I have super toned lower arms and the uppers seem to stay the same. Is there any solution short of becoming Arnold? There is always PS I suppose but geeze if there is a will there is a way right? POPT

Same problem here--I have been working on it for a couple months, but have not seen huge results yet. I do use the bands, and weights, and all the machines at the gym that I can, but man, they are tough to get toned. I was really looking forward to tank tops this summer, too, but I'm not sure they are in my future, either:cry

I have started doing an exercise which appears to be helping the ol' bat wings. How can I describe it?? I found an animation on the web...hopefully it works...if not, let me know. But here's the description:

Overhead Triceps Extension on a Ball

Grasp the ends of a dumbbell with both hands and sit on an inflated exercise ball (the edge of a chair will work if no ball is available). Keep your abs tight so you don't arch your back. Lift the weight over your head, positioning your elbows near your ears.

post-207930-13813134844425_thumb.gif

I have started doing an exercise which appears to be helping the ol' bat wings. How can I describe it?? I found an animation on the web...hopefully it works...if not, let me know. But here's the description:

Overhead Triceps Extension on a Ball

Grasp the ends of a dumbbell with both hands and sit on an inflated exercise ball (the edge of a chair will work if no ball is available). Keep your abs tight so you don't arch your back. Lift the weight over your head, positioning your elbows near your ears.

Hi Lapbandit, What is the web address for this animated website? I could certainly use the extra help with the visuals.

Susannah

Wow! Thank you!! I am ordering some dumbbells this week because i have 10lb ones and i am not comfortable rasing that over my head, lol.

I really hope this works !

I think when it comes to batwings too, every woman has them to some degree apart from the supertoned freaks that work out 9 hours a day and work as personal trainers etc. They are a natural part of aging, that's for sure. Sometimes when you've lost a lot of weight there is no answer but PS.

But I just think its SO important to l earn to accept yourself too. Look around you, hardly anyone is perfect. Do you really need to be the only woman in the street with the perfect arms?

Of course, its great to work to tone them up and we all want to look our best. But you can only achieve so much and I think a bit of self love makes up the rest of the equation.