Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's be real! 100% real... Please contribute!

Ok... I just left my 3 month check up. I've lost a total of 37 pounds including 2 week pre op diet.not big numbers compared to most at 3 months... But my goal is a total loss of 63 pounds! So I have lost 59% of my weight to goal! I would love it if more folks could add to this thread and share percent of goal achieved instead of pounds which are so arbitrary given all our differences.

So here are my percent of goal reached by the dates.

Starting at 2 week preop 213lbs, goal to lose 63 lbs to get to 150

1 month 197 -16 lbs. 16/63 = 25% of goal

2 months 183 -14 lbs. 30/63 = 48% of goal

3 months 176 -7 lbs 37/63 = 59% of goal

Those numbers look so much better when you frame it with perspective. I hope others will pitch in for newbies and veterans a like to keep a good perspective and stay motivated!

One last cool thing, my blood pressure was 105/69 those numbers are priceless!!!

Okay I'll chime in I had my 3 month check up yesterday all is well down a total of 51 lbs looking forward to the next 50 coming off just as fast, next week I start a new exercise regiment so can't wait to see what changes may come, all in all very happy and motivated to continue.

I like your idea, so I revised my signature to include % of excess weight lost. Someone else suggested it's useful to see each person's height, and that I already had included.

Oh yes, you are right! I'm 5'8" I'll have to get that added to my signature! Thanks for pointing that out!

Here are my numbers at the three month mark:

Down 38 pounds from surgery

Down 44 pounds from start of 2 week pre-op diet

I'm nearing my 6 month surgiversary and here are my numbers...I'm slowing down.

Down 49 pounds from surgery

Down 56 pounds from start of 2 week pre-op diet

I find that measuring helps keep things in perspective when my loss is slow - I've lost a total of 48" since surgery, including 5 inches when I showed no weight loss on the scale.

Lost 83% of my excess weight in 5 months. Not so shabby.

Here are my numbers. I had 133 pounds of excess weight to lose

1 month - 246 - 32 lbs lost - 24% excess wt. lost

3 months - 214 - 63 lbs lost - 47% excess wt lost

5 months - 189 - 89 lbs lost - 70% excess wt lost

7.5 months - 158 - 120 lbs lost - 90% excess wt lost

Start 347....goal 180

Want to lose 167

Surgery day 312. (Almost 21% of goal weight loss)

One month 297 (almost 30%)

7 wls (current) 286. (36.5%)

Thank you for suggesting this. I feel so much better about my progress now!! FYI, these percentages are based on my realistic goal weight of 180, not total excess weight.

Ok here it goes:

starting weight 356

Goal weight 170

Total weight to lose 186lbs

Weight now 265/48% down 91lbs

My 6 month is June 25th and shooting to be under 250.

Great way to look at it - this is the most realistic measure. Percentage lost - that's what you want to see. Puts it in proper perspective, especially for slow losers.

:)

To get to a normal BMI for me I have 163 pounds to lose. I am 6'3". Right now I am about 13 months since surgery and I have lost 158 pounds which is 96.93% of my excess weight.

Love the different perspective. Hearing the percent fj goal achieved sounds so much better! It is so inspiring. Congrats on 97%!!! That's awesome! It's so easy to get caught up in hearing numbers and feeling inferior, talking percents really balanced out what is typical and to be expected.

It is better to hear, yes. Everybody is working so hard. Keep up the good work and we will all reach our goals. Remember that this is a gift so take care of it. Never will i go back thats for sure! Congrats everyone on the decision and journey.