Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Rhonda, get thyself a fill. I don't think doctors warn us enough about how frequent fills might be. Some people can go for months and months but our fills seem to wear off after a week or two.

Also, Toni, I think you should call your doctors and ask them what's going on. You didn't go through major surgery to stay the same (though it's cool you're not gaining).

missy GREAT NSV!! Don't focus on how big you are but that you are losing every day!! We are all at a different spot, but all working at the same goal!! Keep up the great work!!

portion control :) I agree with all your posts. this week I have been eating over the 1 cup or 1/2 cup. I am worried that I am stretching my pouch. In most cases I don't feel full, but there are times I do feel restriction. Sometimes I stop eating others I don't. Now, I am still eating less than before and do stop, but I feel that I should feel full sooner. I have a doc appointment on Monday. I am on the fence for a fill, the reason being is I do feel restriction, should I just feel that and stop eating, regardless if I feel full! But that is so hard. the band is to tell me I am full. I am confused about it. I read so many that get a fill and can't eat anything and PB. I dont' want that either.

sorry for rambling!!! stef I wish I had a suggestion for you! I have not been on the scale since I reached 199. I am afraid I gained:paranoid. I will wait until Monday!!

Hi. I am a June Bandster. I was banded on June 21st 2007. I have lost 55lbs and have not yet had a fill. My dietician says that I do not need one until I stop losing weight. I can eat almost anything, have no restriction and am using will power. I have not tried bread yet, but can eat toast, wraps and pitas.

I have a sweet tooth, but decided before surgery that I would not eat any sweets, chocolate, Cookies, cakes or ice cream. I have managed to do this because I am so scared that if I once try them I will be on the slippery slope, and will not be able to resist them or stop eating them.

I have been reading all your posts, it has taken me about a month, but I wanted to read them before I joined you. I don't know why, but I just did.

Good Luck to everyone with your weight loss.

Java: I am in the same boat as you but I eat a little more. most the time its like 2 cups per meal. I have only had one thing getstuck and thats because I was eating way to fast. I am not really full off 2 cups but I stop anyway. I have had 2 fills and I am going to get another on the 16th of this month. I hope this time it will work.

Welcome Ingrid! I'm glad you posted. I wish I had your willpower...kudos to you!

Today I'm feeling a little more restriction, and trying to hold myself back! I decided to have my fill more locally on the 17th, so I won't be getting it tomorrow. That's about all I have to report today!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Big welcome Ingrid. You are doing well so far. Imagine 55lb without a fill. It is all you and it's amazing that you've cut out no-nos. I wish I wanted to! It must have been interesting to read every page of the thread. We started out nervous and starving on pre-op and now we're frustrated and impatient post-op because we want to be thin NOW. This thread has been great for me ((((hugs you guys, lurkers/rare posters too)))) I wonder if the other 'month' threads are this great.

Hi, everyone:

I'm back from vacation and went to get my third fill on Tuesday. Wow - now I know what restriction is! After 3 1/2 months I experienced my first PB/slime experience on Thursday morning. Unfortunately it was in the car on the way to a business appointment - yuk! It was caused by cottage cheese? ?

Two days later I've only been able to progress to mushies again and even that is not comfortable. I'm going to stick it out for a few more days and see if it loosens up some.

I know I've read similar experiences by some on you - can you refresh my memory on how long it was before you could eat solid foods again after a very tight fill?

Thanks, everyone! - Marlena

Thanks Insubordination (Love the name and Love Australia and all who live on her)

I was quite disappointed that the dietician would not let me have a fill because although I have been able to lose weight OK I wanted to lose a lot more because I have a trip to Oz coming up in Novemver. I wanted to lose as much as possible as I wanted to be comfortable on the aircraft as it is a twenty three hour journey. Although I think I will be OK now and be able to fasten the seat belt, we have bitten the bullet and booked to go Business Class, but it is humungously more expensive.

The dietician says that she will not recommend me for a fill until I stop losing weight. Well I have lost this month, but I am going to insist on a fill because if I do not get one this month it will be too late for November, then I am in Oz for over 2 months so that will only leave me from February to June to get myself sorted as we only have one years follow up treatment.

Sorry about the long post, when I get in full flow I cannot stop

SUZZZIE - I just made your meatballs, and WOW! They are wonderful! Before I cooked them, I drizzled them with a cranberry-mustard glaze. Thank you so much for sharing that recipe. Now I know what I am taking to the family Christmas party this year!

Ingrid welcome! I am so glad you joined our group. you must have been a fast reader, 207 pages!!! You are doing great. I agree about the fill. You have been doing great with will power, but do you ever feel full? get a tight feeling? Or is it all control?

dan I agree about the scale thing! I don't weight every day, try to keep it to weekends or even longer! I thinkk if you weigh every day I get to discouraged. Keep up the great work, I would love to go to LV, never been!

toni how are you??

Lol. Glad you like them Stef! I'm taking them for my Family Thanksgiving!

Toni- Thanks for looking for Heather for us!

OK, as if losing my hair wasn't enough... I found my first ever GREY hair today while I was at work! I was seriously reduced to tears. (I have age-related anxiety and have cried about every birthday since I turned 24... it gets pretty serious!) So I had a mini-freak out today at work... I even ate a bite of cake someone brought in - before I realized that I didn't want to be grey AND fat! Haha! But, OMG, I was freaked!

I'm having issues that I never thought I'd have - I'm not hungry. I've eaten about 1 cup of chili today, and the one bite of cake... and thats it. I'm just NOT hungry. food doesn't interest me today. I even thought about ice cream, and because I know I can't eat much of it, it doesn't even sound appealing. Anyone else think this way about food? I've done 2 Protein shakes today, otherwise I'd be WAY down for Protein. Bah.

Oh yeah.. my scale showed me down to 331.8 this morning... I want to change my dang ticker soooo bad - but am only changing it based on my weight at my monthly fill appointment... which is this coming Friday. No, I'm not getting a fill that day, there is NO WAY I could handle more fill! (My ticker is still set to my weight 3 weeks ago - 349!)

Hi All - I made it back from Nashville last night and have been running around all day like crazy getting ready for my DD b-day party tomorrow. They offered me the job and offered me the first amount I asked for, so I probably should have asked for more! :-) I am SO scared about moving though. I never sold a house before and now I have one to sell and move out of state. I will probably end up going by myself for awhile until we can sell the house. So that is scary also, plus adds additional monthly payments, that will take up all of the raise I will be getting I think! I know in the end it will be well worth it, but dang it is scary.

I had lunch with the person that will be my boss. This is the first time I have eaten with someone that didn't know I had the band. I tried really hard to eat something, but all I could get in was a couple pieces of chicken and some cucumbers from the salad I ordered. It was very obvious, so he asked if I wanted to stop at McDonald's on the way back! He kept worrying about it all the way back to the office, so I had to tell him. Kind of embarrassing, but he is a very nice guy, so no worries.

Is anyone from Nashville? (I don't remember seeing anyone that was)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Congrats on the job Missy!! But we need to meet before you move. Lol. You live so close to me, and yet so far away. Me, you and hubby need to plan a night out where we can go order an entre and split it three ways! Hahaha!! We'd probably STILL have take out boxes!