Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

OMG! (Okay, I'm sometimes easily impressed.) I just bought some Ranier Cherries at the grocery store, and I'm in HEAVEN! I've always loved cherries, but these are the bomb! If you've never tried them, go get some while they are in season! They are large, yellow with some red on them...and are the sweetest cherries I've ever tasted. YUM!

th_Picture867copy.pb.jpg

bigBaby, That sucks about your port. Did your Doc say why it flipped? I have been reading about people and their ports flipping and about getting it fixed, It don't sound to bad. People say it only take about 20mins and it's sometimes done under local. I would like to know if the insurance covers it to get it fixed. anyhow I sure you will be on track before long.

bigbaby I am really sad to hear about your port. I was scared to sign on today after receiving your post last night, for I have my 1st fill today! I really am excited about the day finally here after 7 weeks. But now I am worried. It is not until 3:45 today either! I am always at the end of the day, torture.

Keep us posted!

depression!! hormones! I agree. It can be a rollercoaster. I know exercise helps with this, but when you are down, sometimes your motivation declines. Try to keep your work outs on schedule! MOM finally arrived and this always impacts emotions.

I hope my fill today is a BIG one!!! I need it. wish me luck.

MOM and TOM can be equally disturbing. :-) Let us know how your fill goes.

I haven't been exercising and it'd my TOM too. My weight loss hasn't been that great. Maybe that goes a long way in explaining my constant anxiety lately. The hormone release theory is interesting. I've read that somewhere before. It just nice to know it's not just me so thanks for sharing. I love this thread!

BigBaby, please let us know how you get on ASAP. Maybe it's only a little bit out of place and they can put it back. How disappointing!

I still remember the poster (OK I forget her name...Rita?) who couldn't get the band because of a massive hernia. We all want things to go smoothly and normally but that isn't always the case.

Stef, I've never seen those cherries in Australia. I want one!

SOmetimes the docs can give you a fill even with a flipped port. The lady at my docs office said that it's the most common complication they see and if the docs can figure out how to fill you (can get to it) they can do it without any more surgery, but sometime ppl have to get in weird positions for them to get at it. They will probably give you a fluro to see where it at now and how it's positioned (or have they already).

FLIPPED PORT!!!! FLIPPED PORT!!! FLIPPED PORT!!!!

I went in today for a fill and guess what!?!?!?!?!!? MY PORT WAS FLIPPED!! I don't know what I did to cause---

Does anyone know how a port flips?

I'm waiting for my doc to call me tomorrow and see when he can schedule a revision. Keep me in your prayers.

Oh No! :embarassed: BB....Big Hugs to you! Please let us know how they remedy the problem and/or reach your port anyway. Mine was tilted for my first fill and they were able to still reach it no prob. under fluro.

I'm thinking of you!!!! Prayers lifted!

---Toni

Anyone else experiencing extreme emotions/moods?

Ohhhh yes. I've had seasonally depression for years, and over the last two it's turned into more of a permanant depression. After being happy and feeling thin for weeks, I suddenly find myself feeling like a miseralbe HOUSE. I'm sure it'll pass, but it's no picnic in the meantime. Just try to work on things that are stressing you out, and hopefully that will help. Avoiding my stressors just makes it worse. I try to pick just one problem to work on a little bit each day. Hang in there, I'm sure it'll be okay soon.

I hope my fill today is a BIG one!!! I need it. wish me luck.

Good luck, Sweetie! :D Hope you get your fill <wink, wink> and just the right amount!!!!

Hugs,

Toni

Toni - Welcome back, we have missed you!

BigBaby - so sorry about your port, hopefully it can be resolved quickly.

I am now 1 day post 2nd fill. I managed last night to get about 5 table spoons of mashed potatoes in and one slice of a peach, but it took me a couple of hours. I had mashed potatoes this morning, but again it took a long time and I can feel every bite in my throat or my back. Water goes down, but it has to sit for a minute. I really really really don't want to get an unfill, but I wonder if I am too tight?? I have to be on soft foods for the next couple of days anyway, so I think I am going to wait it out. Is this how others have felt after a fill and then it loosened up?

Can y'all eat rice and bread? So far I can...is that bad?

BigBaby, I hope they can turn your port! I've heard that it's a quick fix. I hope all goes well.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. I have an appointment this Thursday at 7:00 a.m to have my port put back in position. The nurse said that it would be performed with an IV. I won't be knocked out unless it's necessary.

Keep praying...I'll post again on Thursday afternoon and let you know all of the details.

I am now 1 day post 2nd fill. I managed last night to get about 5 table spoons of mashed potatoes in and one slice of a peach, but it took me a couple of hours. I had mashed potatoes this morning, but again it took a long time and I can feel every bite in my throat or my back. Water goes down, but it has to sit for a minute. I really really really don't want to get an unfill, but I wonder if I am too tight?? I have to be on soft foods for the next couple of days anyway, so I think I am going to wait it out. Is this how others have felt after a fill and then it loosened up?

I'm just the opposite. My band locked down a few days after my fill and I'm still waiting for it to loosen up some. My fill was eight days ago. I'm waiting it out as long as I can....no unfill for me!