Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I haven't been on this thread in a while so I wanted to say Hello to everyone, I hope everyone is doing great!

So far I have gone from 312lbs to 279lbs, so I have lost 33lbs in 5 1/2 weeks!!! YEAH!!! My first fill is scheduled for Monday, July 23, at 2:00 PM. I am ready to see how this works!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Just got home from my first fill. The NP did it under flouroscopy. So cool. Found out I have a 10cc band, she put in 4cc. I can drink Water fine, but it feels funny. Like it kinda 'pauses' in my throat. Feels like it pauses higher up that I'd imagine for where the band should be. Anyone else feel this way??

Also - I'm Clear Liquids only now for 24 hours - and I;m starving. Was anyone else hungry right after their fill???

Suzzie - I had my first fill yesterday and today I am starving. I do not have any trouble drinking. But I am starving!!

bigbaby;GREAT JOB!! I am joining the gym on Sunday. I use to be a die hard member, going 5-6 times a week and then I slowly stopped, got sick in November and never went back. I need to get moving!

marlyn; Your weight loss is really good. I think that is a great thing. I don't think I hardly lost any weight after surgery. Most of it was during the 2 week pre opt. I think I only lost 4 lbs since June 7. I tried to go back and look, but I was messing up my ticker and when you change it, it goes back and changes all of them from day one!

ladyhr thanks for the information on your fill! I still have more than a week to wait. I can't beleive how long I am waiting.

stef, I feel I do best if I plan. I still have some baked chips and salsa. It is my downfall. I could do worse, right!

mv I agree, the food police! someone told me who had gastric bypass to eat by myself before everyone. then you are not watched every bite. This can be easy for singles, but may be harder for families. My dh is at work during the week most nights, so I think I will work on this!

pb I am not sure, and I hope not to find out. I have been lucky so far, but not sure about after a fill. Hang in there. I think it has to do with pacing yourself and chewing. And some foods you may not be able to eat. If you did not take off the skin, you should.

Have a great weekend. I will check in later. How are you toni and nina, heather?

MK - that is an amazing weight loss. Congrats.

I have the 'water/food' pausing higher up in the osephegus too, especially in the morning. I'm not sure why it goes down more slowly either.

I have to say since my second fill the other day, I do seem to have good restriction. I'm fully expecting it to subside sometime soon but I can eat only 'bandster' portions. Far less than last week.

I begrudgingly admit that I have to stop no matter how much delicious food is left. I'm only talking 3/4 cup max. Soft food too. Hard stuff is well....harder and Breakfast is barely possible.

It's a real shock when I compare it to last week. I know I can't eat more simply because it will hurt whereas last week it was because I shouldn't be greedy.

Fortunately, no sliming or PBing (phew!). I'm eating slowly with the TV off and chewing a lot. Only been having Soup at work as I didn't want to do anything embarrassing. I'm also burping a heck of a lot but know how to do it quietly.

This is great, I guess. I'll just be disappointed if it goes away in a week. Also, it's a little bit annoying not being able to eat. I guess we'll just get used to it after a while and stop putting so much on the plate.

I begrudgingly admit that I have to stop no matter how much delicious food is left. I'm only talking 3/4 cup max. Soft food too. Hard stuff is well....harder and breakfast is barely possible.

I talked to the NP about that yesterday. I"ve always been a 'quantity' eater. That all has to change now. I feel a little sad about it. Why am I already missing large portions - almost like I'd miss a friend?? It's kinda scary that I ever allowed myself to become so emotionally dependant on food.

GREAT NEWS! I have lost 4 lbs:clap2: I have not weighed in over a week, which makes the numbers feel better. It is only 2lbs or a bit more a week, but not weighing more than once a week helps. I will be so happy to get under the big 200!

Insub thanks for the info on how you are feeling with the fills. I am so looking forward to that, but I agree with you and suzzie that you do feel a loss when having to stop eating when you are enjoying something. Now with out a fill, it is all wilpower as you know, which is hard.

We are on a journey and every step will have its challenges, both good and difficult!

How is everyone doing? I thought I would check in. I was doing very good with restriction until about a week ago. All of a sudden I can eat more than I was able to since the surgery. I went in Wednesday for my first fill and they told me that I was doing great and didn't need one. I insisted because I was scared that I could eat more. Needless to say when the nurse tried to do my fill she couldn't access the port. She tried several tiems bending the needle each time. I had to go for x-rays and found out that my port is almost flipped. I asked them to try one more time since they had the x-ray and could see where the port was but thy still couldn't get it. I was and still am very sore now and bruised. I am so disappointed because now they are talking about going in to fix it. I just wanted everything to be smooth.

nvalicia - I'm so sorry to here about your experience. I think this is everyone's fear. Let us know what they decide and congrats on your success up 'til now.

Needless to say when the nurse tried to do my fill she couldn't access the port. She tried several tiems bending the needle each time. I had to go for x-rays and found out that my port is almost flipped. I asked them to try one more time since they had the x-ray and could see where the port was but thy still couldn't get it. I was and still am very sore now and bruised. I am so disappointed because now they are talking about going in to fix it. I just wanted everything to be smooth.

Awwww Nvalicia, that just plain STINKS! I'm so sorry about that! I had a similar situation for my first fill, as my port was tilted, and it took the nurse a bit of time under fluro to get it right on target, but no bent needle or bruising. I'm so sorry! I hope they can get it flipped back for you so you can get back in business soon!

Hugs,

Toni

How is everyone doing? I thought I would check in. I was doing very good with restriction until about a week ago. All of a sudden I can eat more than I was able to since the surgery. I went in Wednesday for my first fill and they told me that I was doing great and didn't need one. I insisted because I was scared that I could eat more. Needless to say when the nurse tried to do my fill she couldn't access the port. She tried several tiems bending the needle each time. I had to go for x-rays and found out that my port is almost flipped. I asked them to try one more time since they had the x-ray and could see where the port was but thy still couldn't get it. I was and still am very sore now and bruised. I am so disappointed because now they are talking about going in to fix it. I just wanted everything to be smooth.

Oh how awful!! So will they have to open you up to re-stitch the port in place? I can't imagine going through all that again so soon. DO they have any ideas on how it got flipped so quickly?

Hello,

I had my first fill on the 19th. I have a total of 5.6 cc's and it's taking some getting used to. I didn't have a problem with any foods prior to the fill, now I'm hungry but can't eat much. I've done the whole Pb'ing etc..... even with mushies. tuna was the only thing that worked today. I'm happy that the weight loss has been reactivated, but it's hard to keep enough Proteins in me so that I don't feel light-headed.

nv I am so sorry to hear about your port! I haven't had my 1st fill, July 31. I worry about if something will go wrong because of it being so far off from others and maybe I ate to much or lifted something, etc. to cause a problem! I hope all works out for you. Keep us posted!!

off to see Hairspray today, my goal:: No Popcorn!