Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

big: I do only eat 3 meals a day with the exception of the Protein Drink. I eat the eggs in the morn and two other meals throught out the day and the other stuff I listed is the stuff I add to make it all taste so good.

Suzzzie: I really like the gortons lemon butter salmon, it don't have much of a fish taste at all. it's only 100cals for 3oz 19grams Protein. I always doctor up what ever I am eating with fresh herb and it really helps with some of the stronger fish tasting fish. shrimp is great protein also. shrimp I mix with a little bit of jerk sauce and it makes any shrimp just killer.

You should get a minimum 1000 cals a day! anything less than that and your body goes in starvation mode and stores all the calories it can. I read somewhere that calorie intake should be 1000-1200 for women, and 1200-1500 for men.

I've always heard this and believed it without questioning it. Now I'm questioning it. I am well versed in the GB as my sister had it in 2005...so how come these folks' bodies don't go into starvation mode? They can't eat much of anything for the first year and they lose like crazy!

I'm beating myself up a tad for even talking about this, as I blew my calorie goal today for the second time since banding. I just could not resist that baked potato with dinner! It was good, though, and I have done really well at keeping it under control, so I guess it's not all that bad.

I just can't wait untill my next appointment when I can get a recommendation for daily calories.

Oh crap! My nutritionist appointment was today and I missed it! :omg: What a crazy week!

I guess I will have to call in the morning and apologize and make another appointment.

Hi everyone! I was banded on June 7th! I am doing pretty well, although I have noticed that I can eat pretty much anything right now. I go for my first fill on Monday:) I hope this will help!

Welcome Mlang...I'm sure you'll love your 1st fill! Glad you're doing so well!!!!

----Toni

Dan Thanks for the menu ideas. Your Soup blend sounds interesting! Everyone's bodies are different and we will all lose at our own pace, but it is frustrating, we need to keep reminding ourselves that. Is the gordans samon, frozen?

cb when I was on mushies, soft, I could have: tuna/chicken salad( low fat or ff mayo); fish,pototoes,rice, Pasta, fresh fruit, eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese. Does this help? One good source of Protein and is good/cheap is egg drop soup!

suzzzie Hang in there. How about flavored water?

bigbaby wow, I did burp this week after eating pork barbeque with coleslaw on top. I knew when I was done, it was to much, but it was so good!!! I began to burp! thanks for the heads up.

lotus wow what an experience, but better to happen there then when you were home! It sounds like you may be in a zone already! Lucky you. Some people only need one fill, some 6-8 adjustments in a year from what I read. I would prefer 1! GREAT Weight Loss too!!!! 40!!!!

I am so jealous of those of you who were banded near or after my date and are getting a FILL! I feel that due to my nurse's vacation, I am being held hostage! My fill is not until July 31, almost 8 weeks! I am really going to need to focus the next few weeks.

Did anyone have to watch the emmi series? It is a on line learning videos. My doctor sends them to me every step of the process, I have to log on and watch it. it is helpful, but most info I know already. It is good for family.

Hello Stef, Toni and the gang!!

:clap2:Oh, BIG NEWS, down 1 more pound!!! every little step counts and needs a celebration

Congrats Ja9va!!!--I agree---every little bit will lead to a big bit!!! What's the emmi series?

Dan--What about your veggies? Are you using V8 as a serving of veggies? (sorry so many questions, but I'm about to move to 'real food')

HEY TONI!!!! Just speaking to ya!!! I haven't "talked" to you in a while!!

Hi all,

I had my first fill on Wed, Jul 11th. The dr. said that he inserted 1cc and about half of it was kicked back - which means that the band detected restriction therefore the kickback. My problem is that I really don't feel this great deal of restriction that I was expecting. It maybe partly because I still on liquids, but needless to say I am disappointed.

Has anyone else had this experience? Or should I expect the difference once I get back on food?

Bigbaby - You are welcome! You are doing great with your workouts - you go girl!!

Captain Danbo - Did I see JERK SAUCE. I can jerk ina ting ya no! Have you ever tried jerking your fish as well? That's good stuff! Jerk chicken, jerk pork, jus jerk! Which sauce do you use? I use Grace Jerk sauce.

Nina

ja9va: Way to go! Another pound is great!!!

Suzzzie: Have you tried Skim Milk when you're thirsty like that? I've found that if I've had all or near all my required Water for the day, that milk sometimes hits the spot when I'm still thirsty.

I, too, had had a slight weight gain back...like 4 pounds...but I've now lost it plus another pound. NSV ahead: I even turned down Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake that a coworker brought in yesterday. Didn't even want it...and I LOVE Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake.

Still battling the infection...it was almost gone and I think it's coming back. I've called the doc to see what they want me to do. UGGGH. And my first fill is a week from today. vbmenu_register("postmenu_515003", true);

Hey guys. I'm so frustrated I could scream. It's been 3 1/2 weeks since banding. I did the liquids for 3 weeks, and this week started on solids. My eating is small amounts, low fat, low carb, low calorie. I've been working out on my eliptical trainer, drinking Water, taking my chromium. In other words, doing everything I can to lose.

And my weight loss since banding.....ZIPPO!

My thought....I could be eating! My prebanding days were fairly healthy food, but I could eat between meals, snack, have ice cream, candy, go out to a restaurant and have a full meal. I haven't had a full meal in six weeks.

Why why why?

My thought....I could be eating! My prebanding days were fairly healthy food, but I could eat between meals, snack, have ice cream, candy, go out to a restaurant and have a full meal. I haven't had a full meal in six weeks.

Why why why?

o2bthin: What do you consider a full meal? Don't make yourself suffer. I was banded on 6/15 and for example, last night I had some homemade "chicken pot pie"...made with whole wheat Pasta strips instead of in a pastry shell...and made some desert with some FF chocolate pudding, Free Cool Whip and some raspberries. I am chewing everything very, very well. It's a matter of how you look at things sometimes for me. I'm not eating as much, haven't had my fill yet...but since pre-op I've lost 21.2 pounds. One more thing of advice, maybe...shake things up a little...try different flavors of things if you haven't (a different flavor yogurt, crystal light, pudding, etc.). I've noticed in the past that shaking my diet up a little like that often helped.

Hey guys. I'm so frustrated I could scream. It's been 3 1/2 weeks since banding. I did the liquids for 3 weeks, and this week started on solids. My eating is small amounts, low fat, low carb, low calorie. I've been working out on my eliptical trainer, drinking Water, taking my chromium. In other words, doing everything I can to lose.

And my weight loss since banding.....ZIPPO!

Why why why?

(((O2Bthin)))

Hang in there, you will see it working soon. Something has to give. I was quite disappointed when I got my fill on Wed. to see that I actually gained 2 lbs. The doc tried to talk me off the ledge but gee whiz! I have been busting my ass & this is what I get :angry I see a great difference in how my body looks and how my clothes fit (or not). The scale is evil!! That is my scale, for all of you that are losing - keep it up! O2bthin, keep your head up girlie, we will get there yet.

Nina

o2bthin: What do you consider a full meal? Don't make yourself suffer. I was banded on 6/15 and for example, last night I had some homemade "chicken pot pie"...made with whole wheat Pasta strips instead of in a pastry shell...and made some desert with some FF chocolate pudding, Free Cool Whip and some raspberries. I am chewing everything very, very well. It's a matter of how you look at things sometimes for me. I'm not eating as much, haven't had my fill yet...but since pre-op I've lost 21.2 pounds. One more thing of advice, maybe...shake things up a little...try different flavors of things if you haven't (a different flavor yogurt, crystal light, pudding, etc.). I've noticed in the past that shaking my diet up a little like that often helped.

Okay Beckie, you will have to post the chicken Pot Pie recipe - you are so wrong for that! :faint:

Nina

O2bthin: Have you tried taking measurements of yourself? Sometimes the scale won't move but the inches are gone, especially if you are working out so much. Keep up the good work though. It will eventually move...it has to.

Bigbaby: I too, noticed that I burp a lot when I'm full. I haven't had a fill yet either so I'm hoping that it will change after I do. Right now, these aren't little burps...they are big manly let em rip belches. Thank god I live alone. LOL.

Beckiet: Congrats on turning down The Cheesecake Factory. That is awesome!

Ja9va: Whoo hooo another pound! Congrats. I haven't heard of the emmi series. Is it a website or something you have to log into?

Everyone else is doing so great. I'm also jealous of the ones that have started to get their fills. I go back to the doctor in almost two weeks. I'm hoping I can make a fill appt then.

Have a great day all!

I'm sorry I'm such a big whiner. I'm sure I'm not the only one having trouble before the first fill. By "full meal" I mean eating until satisfied, not measuring portions, not calculating calories, not restricting carbs, fats. I mean a REAL MEAL! LOL I know muscle weighs 4 x more than fat, but my clothes fit the same. I'm the same. I don't feel any different. Even some port pain would be welcome. Until I get that first fill, I'm just going to be fretting. Has anyone else felt that same way and how did your first fill change that?

Has anyone had no weight loss after their surgery and then had a fill and started dropping? Please tell me there's hope!!

chicken pot pie sounds good, but I could eat a whole lunch sized mongolian beef, egg drop Soup and crab pot appetizer. Ooops, sorry if that's making anyone's mouth Water like mine!