Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU TOMORROW!! GOOD THING YOU ARE AT DIFFERENT HOSPITALS, OR YOU WOULD TAKE THE ENTIRE FLOOR, WELL THAT COULD BE COOL!!!

lo2us<O:p</O:p

Becks477<O:p</O:p

SuperKawaii<O:p</O:p

Reeburgdon<O:p</O:p

Insubordination<O:p</O:p

Clarice<O:p</O:p

JOJOSMAMA

joeygirl

BECKY- your excitiement is getting me excited too. I am headed to the hospital the next day, so I won't be able to catch up until Friday...

Best to alll!!!!

Musicalm, LisaH and Heather, I can't wait to experience the feelings you are describing! Is it a strange feeling? I can't imagine how my stomach and insides will feel.

Mj- I went and bought sugarless mints, I will bring them too.

Great to hear from you Huntersmom and Serena! Serena you have been given a lot of food at the hospital! that is interesting. Most reports have been Water and ice chips!

The board has been very busy today!

Welcome to the new June bugs!

Good luck Janine if i dont get on here tomorrow at all! :) You will do awsome ill say a prayer for you anyways though. We dont have long to wait and we will be banded!!!!!

Becky

My surgery is tomorrow morning at 9 am, I have to be their at 7 & to be honest with you I am really starting to freak out. I was fine up until about an hour ago. I have been soooo excited about this whole thing, but my family & friends have all been calling me today asking if I'm nervous. :omg: I think that is what is getting me so scared.

I've seen somewhere on here where some people have given their band a name. Just wondering if any of you have thought about that? Silly, I know....but kinda fun, none the less.

I was thinking I will name mine either Gretchen or Stella.

Gretchen just cause I think its a fun name and I'm not allowed to have a dog, so I want to name something that! Haha And Stella cause of the movie 'How Stella got her Groove back' Lol. Cause my band is gonna give me MY groove back!

What do ya'll think??

PS. Good luck to all of those getting banded tomorrow!!

Hi Toni, Lisa and all other Junies :)

Sorry about the lack of correspondence... we moved to a new internet provider last Wednesday and for one reason or another have only managed to get connected today!

Surgery was all good... went in at 10.00am and was back on the ward by 1.30pm. Wasn't allowed to drink all that day but managed to get through it with mouth swab things! Saturday was ice chips, Water and last thing I was allowed an Optifast which all went down well (slowly but fine!). I had a definite case of the blues on the Sunday and Monday which was unexpected and unwelcome but luckily it was short lived and now I feel great ... I can sleep on both sides and stomach which is a huge relief so actually sleeping really well. I don't feel hungry at all but am looking forward to being able to have something a little more substantial than soup! I can't wait to get back into the excercise!

All and all I am loving bandland and feel like the possibilities are endless but sooooo attainable.

Good luck to all being banded today and for those already done I hope that you are feeling good :clap2:

Good to hear from you KT!! Glad all is going well.

Several of you newly banded ones mention not being hungry... OK, not being hungry has never stopped me from eating. I eat cause I want it. Am I missing something here? Am I the only one who eats NOT when their hungry?

Hi Suzzie

I know exactly what you mean... the 2 "down days" I had were spurred by that! I really felt like I wanted to eat but although your head says "I want food" your body is saying you can't eat... and I don't mean that you know that you shouldn't eat something (willpower has nothing to do with it), I actually couldn't physically pick anything up and put it in my mouth because you can feel that there is just nowhere for it to go!

For 2 days I felt angry and very depressed about that, I just couldn't get my head around it and didn't want to accept that I couldn't eat... it was like a personal battle being waged against myself, but on the third day I was tired and I just accepted it and stopped fighting what my body was telling me and know I find that feeling very empowering! I am now concentrating on really tasting, smelling and enjoying everything (and it's only thin liquids) that goes into my mouth... "quality not quantity" is my new mantra, hopefully I can use that to my advantage when I do feel hungry (head hungry that is) and I can try and stay good!

I know that doesn't make much sense, it is hard to explain but I hope that soon you will be able to see for yourself what I mean :-).

Hi Suzzie

I know exactly what you mean... the 2 "down days" I had were spurred by that! I really felt like I wanted to eat but although your head says "I want food" your body is saying you can't eat... and I don't mean that you know that you shouldn't eat something (willpower has nothing to do with it), I actually couldn't physically pick anything up and put it in my mouth because you can feel that there is just nowhere for it to go!

For 2 days I felt angry and very depressed about that, I just couldn't get my head around it and didn't want to accept that I couldn't eat... it was like a personal battle being waged against myself, but on the third day I was tired and I just accepted it and stopped fighting what my body was telling me and know I find that feeling very empowering! I am now concentrating on really tasting, smelling and enjoying everything (and it's only thin liquids) that goes into my mouth... "quality not quantity" is my new mantra, hopefully I can use that to my advantage when I do feel hungry (head hungry that is) and I can try and stay good!

I know that doesn't make much sense, it is hard to explain but I hope that soon you will be able to see for yourself what I mean :-).

KT! Soooooooo good to see your posts! Glad you are home and sleeping fine!

Your post made perfect sense to me. I made this AWESOME dinner for my family tonight, but I also bought a new mocha flavored Protein shake. So as I was drinking mine I was trying to really "taste" the shake for what it was....not just gulp it down and salivate over everyone else's dinner. I enjoyed myself so much more. And I stayed satisfied, too! So your post really hit home to me!

Now if I can just get through tomorrow. I'm finding myself wanting to put solids in my mouth. Ugggggggh. Restraint, restraint, restraint!:)

Cheers everyone!

Toni

I've seen somewhere on here where some people have given their band a name. Just wondering if any of you have thought about that? Silly, I know....but kinda fun, none the less.

I was thinking I will name mine either Gretchen or Stella.

Gretchen just cause I think its a fun name and I'm not allowed to have a dog, so I want to name something that! Haha And Stella cause of the movie 'How Stella got her Groove back' Lol. Cause my band is gonna give me MY groove back!

What do ya'll think??

What a GREAT idea, and I love both of the names you're considering! I'll have to really think about it, too. Right now my creative juices are not flowing!:notagree

Toni

Kt Great to hear from you! My day is tomorrow and all you said makes so much sense! You sound great, and your thinking of exercise!!! that is a great thing.

got to run

It is so good to hear from all the June bandsters that have already been banded. I am so glad that all of you are doing well. It's good to hear about your experience of not wanting to eat more. That is what I am looking forward to. I am really going to have to start some new hobbies because most of my time is revolved around work and food. :cry

Good Luck to all the banders today. What an exciting day. I think this is the record so far for banders in one day!:biggrin1: Will be looking forward to all of their post.

Well have to go to work now. Will check in tonight to see how everyone is doing. Have a Great Day!

Snoopy

To be Banded June 27th

Glad to see that everyone is doing well.

KT, I'm so happy to hear that you haven't had any sleeping problems. I'm a *little* concerned about what my sleeping situation is going to be like post-op. I usually sleep on my side, and I'm worried about that causing pain....how are all the other post-op bandsters sleeping?

Good luck to everyone getting banded today (all 8 of you!) and I can't wait to join you on Friday!

Good Morning Insub, lo2us, <O:p</O:pBecks477, <O:p</O:pSuperKawaii, <O:p</O:pReeburgdon,<O:p</O:p <O:p</O:pClarice, <O:p</O:pJOJOSMAMA, joeygirl and VERY BEST WISHES to the CREW OF YOU on your Banddate! Let us know how you fared as soon as you're up to it!

Thinking of you---you'll do GREAT! ;)

Toni<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

Lucy, I am a side sleeper too. The first night in the hospital I just slept on my back with the head raised. Which was a good thing. Easier to get out of bed when needed to go the bathroom. Last night first night home I slept on each side. On my right side first until I woke up at 4am to go the bathroom then my left side which was a litlle scary because my 3 year old was in bed with us because he had a nightmare. I was so afraid he was going to kick me. Lucky though he didn't. My best suggestion is to put a blanket or pillow under your side so when you belly leans one way or another it doesn't hurt as much.

Hey does everyone own a scale. I don't own one because I really didn't want to know how much I used to weigh. It used to depress me. Now that I have already lost 19 pounds through pre-op I am wondering if I should purchase a scale. Any suggestions.