Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can You Really Start Over?

Hi l brought one from dunelm, it's good it supports my head up,l only get reflux if l eat late. X

im in Australia.. not familiar with that place ... how late do you eat your last meal? 6pm?... or later ??

OMG Laura I have had the same experience as you my doc eventually said I can't tolerate the fills, so I've decided to have my band removed because I have no Fluid in my band and I'm still nauseated and stuff still gets stuck, I just can't live like this any longer..I've been banded for two years did great the first year list 85 pounds gained about 12 back. I'm so disappointed in the band though..but I can't really complain it helped me get most my weight off. Good luck everyone

mscandy4you - I am so sorry, know how you feel, I just want to scream "THIS SUCKS". Are you going to look into doing the sleeve or bypass? Great job on the weight loss and keeping it off!!

I have not decided if I want to have my band removed just yet. I have been unfilled for a year now. My Endo Doc said to wait on getting a fill until they get my T levels figured out. I just dont know, I am just getting bigger and bigger. I have my oppointment with the band doc on May 20th. Keeping that appointment because it is more of a information meeting that a fill meeting for me this time since he is a new doc for me. (my old one retired). My dream would be to get refilled, and loose all of the weight I have regained and live happly ever after. But I know that this no fairytell and I am no princess LOL.

I have been advised by one doc that bypass is my best option, in order for me to loose the weight without a thyroid I need to go malabsorbtion (sp). I will wait and see what the syrgen says next week.

Thanks all

Laura

Have my Appointment with my Lap Band Doc today. Excited and hopefull. Maybe I will get a slight fill, maybe he will tell me that he things I should convert to the sleeve or bypass. Maybe just maybe I will be able to loose this weight once and for all. My furture is full of maybes. But one this is for sure.... I am not going to give up!!!

Laura

Well..... it look like I am going for a revision to the sleeve. So I guess I am starting over. Doc was so very kind and encouraging. He told me that if they knew back 7 years ago what they know now they would not even do the band. He said that over 55 percent of banded patients are getting revisions to the sleeve. He would not even consider trying to give me a fill since my history of suffering with acid reflux and food still can cause me some mild heartburn. So prepared the info to be sent off to my insurance for approval.... no I guess I will now be no longer banded. I will now do my searching and reading in the forum about the sleeve.

Singing off..... Laura

I was banded in November 2009. In two years I lost 100 pounds. Maybe a little more than I needed. I felt good. Two years ago (summer 2012) I had a bad case of the stomach flu. The tube that goes from the port to the band blew out through a muscle. I had Fluid removed from the band. I have gained back thirty pounds. My band is at 5.5ccs now and my Dr. says thats enough. I am hungry, I feel no resistance. Menopause is not helping any. I am frustrated and discouraged. Can I really start over? How do I get back on track? Thanks for any and all encourage

Just an update.....

Okay, very excited!!! Scheduled for revision surgery on Aug 7th. Going to be part insurance and self pay. BCBS will pay for the band removal, but want me to be overweight for 2 years before paying for the sleeve. I am sorry, but just do not want to wait and be overweight that long. Plus.... the job I have had for the past 25 years may be coming to an end, I may be unemployed in the next 30-60 days, and I will loose all insurance. So, DH and I talked it out, with time off work needed, the need to find a new job in the near future, loosing current insurance, etc. DO IT NOW. Take the time off now, get healthy, get fit, and be ready to enter this new chapter in my life. Got to love my DH, he is my rock. So here I go.....................

Hi I've been following along on this thread and see by now you have had your conversion. How did it go??? Hope it went really well :-)

Hey JHanet1967, yes I am on the other side. For the most part I say it went wonderful. Not going to lie, more painful than having the band. But the nursing staff was real good to help me stay on top of it. And as with the band, the secret it to get up and walk as soon as possible. Funny thing though, when the nurses saw that I was a band revision they kept saying "Oh you already know what you are doing, we don't have to hold your hand", "Not your first time to the Rodeo, you know what to do" etc. I was up walking within 2 hours after getting out of recovery. Helped the pain so much. Stayed one night and was released early the next morning.

I am now 3 days out, no hunger, some gas, and pain in controlled with meds. I am tired, and take a nap when my body tells me to. Down 20lbs from my starting weight. Excited about that. Was 204 on the morning of surgery, was up 4lbs on the day after (fluids), I was 202 today.

Very excited.

That's great!! You were up and about really quickly!! I want to have my band converted next year.

A lot of people say the weight loss is slower if your converting so I will be interested to see how you go- although so far you are going awesome.

Keep up the positive attitude..I love it :-)