Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cream of chicken soup?

Would you consider that a full liquid? I was so sick of everything being so sweet, that I bought some and mixed with skim milk. Know I should have called NUT, but think I'll just stop as the gurgling and rumbling is insane. Anyone else try it?

My surgeon considers it a full liquid...I blend it, strain it and add unflavored Protein powder and skim milk.

Currently I am enjoying a blended, strained Black Bean Soup with added 0% Fat Fage and Protein Powder....I just can't do sweet all day!

Of course, your surgeon and nutritionist are the last word!

It was considered a full liquid for me and I enjoyed it during that stage. Like @@SparkleCat I would add a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder.< /p>

It was a full liquid for me too as long as I took the chunks out or blended them up. Drinking something like this really helps!

It was on my list of suggested foods on full liquids, but you mentioned gurgling. I had temporary lactose intolerance for about 3 months after surgery. I suggest trying a lactose free milk to add to Soups and shakes. That gurgling could be a reaction to lactose.

I was told If it passes through a straw it is a full liquid. I ate cream of asparagus, cream of mushroom, cream of shrimp, cream of spinach, cream of chicken, etc., etc.... I diluted with Water, strained out chunks, and mixed with Unjury unflavored Protein powder.< /p>

I have a list of things I can eat and only low sodium broth is in it as far as Soups. My Doc doesn't allow any Soup until the fourth week! : ( I can't complain though because I have lost about 13 lbs in the past 5 days!!

It's on my list of full liquid foods. Hmmm..... Maybe I'll have that for lunch today.

On 4/28/2014 at 12:09 PM, SparkleCat said:

My surgeon considers it a full liquid...I blend it, strain it and add unflavored Protein powder and skim milk.

Currently I am enjoying a blended, strained Black Bean Soup with added 0% Fat Fage and Protein Powder....I just can't do sweet all day!

Of course, your surgeon and nutritionist are the last word!

I am a newbie to this, and just started stage 2. How much unflavored Protein powder and skim milk do I need to add, and do I have to add it or can I just eat it plain?

On 11/4/2023 at 6:16 PM, MegProctor84 said:

I am a newbie to this, and just started stage 2. How much unflavored Protein Powder and skim milk do I need to add, and do I have to add it or can I just eat it plain?

I would think a scoop of powder is enough, add it to your portion not the whole pot, and make sure the temp is below 140 or the Protein will clump.

I don't add protein to mine right now because my stomach is still struggling with protein feeling too heavy. I just add a can of lactose free low carb milk to mine, strain it, and then thin it out a little more and sip it like that. Once I can stand the protein feeling I'll probably add it, but right now I'm focusing on getting my Fluid goal daily. So you CAN eat it without the protein, but most add the protein to try and meet their protein goals while still on liquids.