Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i have the 3 week stall ugh

Y husband was sleeved and I don't remember him going through this. But I'm also constipated and due for my period so I'm wondering if gaining weight would be normal? I have gained 8 lbs

I also am experiencing a stall. Last week was week 3 for me and my scale did not move. I am 2 days into week 4 an have gained a pound. How I couldn't tell you since I am staying at a 700 calorie diet and I walk 30 min 2x's a day. I am heartbroken and my husband is not very understanding at this moment since he just shelled out $17,000 for me to have this surgery and here I am not losing weight. There are so may threads on here about the dreaded 3 week stall I really hope it doesn't last any longer.

Im on a stall too. Little over 2 weeks outta surgery and havent lost a pound in 4 days. I hear its pretty normal. We're just at the beginning of our journey. It'll come off more. Dont even stress it just br happy for the progress so far

I'm at a stall too. I'm 19 days out. Lost 14lbs by the 7th day now it's barely coming off?? Feeling like its wls fail :-(

Count me in too! 3 weeks post op and I've gone up 1.5kg this week. Very frustrating :( I hope I start losing again too...yes I'm constipated too. Trying to get my Water up to 1.5 litres (currently 1.1), and increase Protein (at about 45-55 ATM). So hard when you can't eat much. I walk too.

It's nice to know we're not alone though...here's to week 4 and some bloomin' movement...both ways lol

I'm 18 days out of surgery. I lost all of the weight that I've lost so far in the 10 days of Clear Liquids and not one bit since I got off clears. Trying to stay calm!

Hi guys, just went through the dreaded 3 week stall myself. At 16 days I stopped losing no matter what i did. I was getting in all my Protein and Water, exercising daily, doing all we are told to do and nothing. It lasted 8 days... The scale finally dropped 1.5 pounds yesterday. It does pass, it's super frustrating, but it does pass... Hang in there!

Well clearly we are all in same boat so it must be a real thing! I lost 16 pounds in the 2 weeks pre-surgery and 12 lbs in the first 2 1/2 weeks after and nothing since. In fact, I went up a pound today- seems impossible. I am getting in all of my Protein, getting most of my Water and walking everyday. It is supposed to be a rainy, wet, yucky week here in Michigan. Hopefully next week will bring sunshine and dropped numbers on the scale.< /p>

I too had a stall at 3 weeks. Thankfully the scale started moving again last week. Best I can tell, an increase in activity and Protein kick started my weight loss again. Everyone says it its completely normal and to hang in there, but I completely understand everyone's frustration. I found it depressing; thinking I wasn't doing things right. The kicker was when the scale jumped up 5 pounds literally over night. How can that be....And of course it was the day of my 4 weeks post op appt. Grrrrrrr But really and truly, you will start losing again. Just stick to the program. Don't be tempted to give up!! If you are sticking to the program the weight has to come off. At this stage you should not be eating enough to maintain your current weight, let alone gain. Stay the course!!

Edited by TheWigster

I'm going on day 13 of my 3 week stall. *sigh*.

Y husband was sleeved and I don't remember him going through this. But I'm also constipated and due for my period so I'm wondering if gaining weight would be normal? I have gained 8 lbs

It was explained to me that the first three to four weeks after surgery your body has a lot of Fluid or swelling from surgery.

It's great to hear so many of us are going through the same thing. I hit the three week stall as well. I am so glad so many other people are having this problem too. It makes me feel a lot better.

And for the Constipation I take Miralax. Flavor less and colorless. I mix It right in with my Protein Shake about every other day. No cramping. Just makes it happen for you. =)

Good luck everyone. We can do this! Skinny here we come!!

I'm on day 10 of no weight loss (surgery was April 7th). It is discouraging, but I keep telling myself that I am not hungry at all so it's not like pre-surgery when you would restrict calories, exercise, drink Water AND starve all day and night! LOL

<p>I'm on day 10 of no weight loss (surgery was April 7th). It is discouraging, but I keep telling myself that I am not hungry at all so it's not like pre-surgery when you would restrict calories, exercise, drink Water AND starve all day and night! LOL</p>

Trust me LFitz 66 that will Change its part of the process don't give up. I found after I started getting my water in that's needed and walking the weight started dropping off I am post op march 14 and I am down 30lbs. Be encouraged.