Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved for Conversion Band to Bypass - Feeling Scared

I am scheduled for conversion surgery on May 20th. I have given this a lot of thought and I think it is something that has to be done but i had so many issues with the band that I am really nervous about complications. I have two little boys. But my blood pressure, while normal, has started to be higher than normal and I cannot get the weight off and think this is what I need to do. I found out I was approved yesterday and I thought I would be elated - while I am happy - I am also really scared. Only a month and 5 days away!

It's perfectly okay to be nervous. You are about to undergo major surgery. Just keep in mind that it will all be worth it, when you are healthy and active. Pretty soon, it will be your little boys trying to keep up with you instead of the other way around! :)

Same here. I am so afraid, nervous, scared or whatever it is. Most of all, I embarrassed. I've been approved also, I've been pondering over this for a very long time now. Everyone here has been great to me about giving me the advice that I want and need. It's been a year and a half and I'm still goofing around. I'm 59 and cant't afford to keep waiting around. If not for my husband not wanting me to do this, I would have done it long ago. meanwhile, my diabetes has gotten out of control and my HBP medicine has been increased. Even though I'm nervous too, I'm ready to do this. we're in this together so let's just do it. Keep me posted.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products