Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 weeks out from the sleeve surgery. I have had some complications. I just had a feeding tube removed yesterday and have started my liquid diet. I am having some major pain in my upper left side but my doctor doesnt seem to care. I am hungry but get a sickly feeling after drinking anything. I am very depressed. This has not went the way I was told it would. weight loss pre and post so far is 38 lbs.

I am sorry you are in pain. Hopefully, you still have pain meds. I know when I was freshly sleeved warm liquids went down best. I always simmered my broth with herbs and added some Better than Bouillon to make it taste better. You can also strain canned chicken noodle Soup or get some egg drop or wonton Soup from the local Chinese restaurant.

It takes a while to feel better...just take it one day at a time.

So sorry your doctor is unsympathtic... sounds like gas... you need to WALK...

I know that's so cliche...but it's true...the pain is weird like that... try walking after every meal...see if that helps... if not, GET ON THAT DR!!!

I'm sorry you're hurting. I'm 10 days post op and still in the regret stage. My gas pains have been on my left side. They have been so bad that they drop me to my knees and make me cry. This isn't gas that was inserted for the surgery. This is gas in my stomach. I too have a hard time drinking anything. Everything makes my stomach spasm. I was in the hospital 5 days because I could not drink a thing, the spasming was just too painful. Yesterday was so bad I just gave up and didn't drink anything. I thought maybe my stomach needed a rest.

I didn't sign on for this either but it's the hand I've been dealt. I know it will get better and I appreciate you sharing your story. I don't feel so alone and I don't feel like I'm overreacting. Take care.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!