Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blessed Energy! Time to go to work!

LisaMG

I'm really enjoying this extra energy, so much that I started painting on my house. This is something I've wanted to do for 3 years now and never had the energy. Thought I'de share it with you people.

These first pics are of Eves' room I just finished! I ended up using lots of pinks and pastels(very girly) Whimsical butterflies, dragonflies, bumblebees, and puffy clouds. Eve is 7 years old so she can still appreciate "little girl" stuff.

That rainbow took an entire day all by itself!

Mind you I was juggling my family, household, cooking, and cleaning on top of this project. I felt empowered!

I have to admit when this room was done I was ready for it to be done! I'm still working on Davids room. I'll post more when I have more done.

post-204130-13813131364979_thumb.jpg

O.k this is my sons room, hes 6 yrs. old and very much into space, airplanes, and sci. fi. The little one you see in the car bed is my baby he camps out in big brothers room for now.

post-204130-13813131364576_thumb.jpg

You are quite an artist. I wish I could do something like that! I bet your kids really love their rooms. You should consider doing that for a living! Thanks for posting them.

Betty

Wow, Lisa, and you just had your surgery 2 months ago! The kids will enjoy their rooms for many years to come! You really should talk w/ Janie about "mural painting". You definitely have a talent! I also love your daughter's furniture.

I figured out my oldest son had outgrown his hotair balloon mural (wallpapered, not drawn) when I found magic-marker stick-figures skiing on the lake portion of the mural.. LOL:D :D

I'm having to redo these posts since the pics were so large but I learned how to size my photos in the process. So, thats good.

This is a pic of her door, these are the wooden letters you can find at Wally World. Eve had fun painting them then I posted them with mounting tape like you see here.

I dug around and found some sheer curtains ironed them called them new and Eve never knew the difference. The roses on the swag are suppose to cordinate with the rose tree in the corner.

post-204130-1381313136546_thumb.jpg

Lisa, I enjoy this Thread. I have a soon to be 7 year old, Roxanne. She loves unicorns, butterfly and Angels which are abuntant in her room. You've inspired me to paint, the rainbow is beautiful, I hope you don't mind if I steal your Idea.

I also have a 3 year old boy Hunter. He's so full of energy. It's hard just keeping his room picked and clean.

Thanks for shareing.

Go for it, girl. I don't mind at all. I'll even tell you how I did things you'll have to email me and ask what you'de like to know. I get alot of my ideas from catalogs and childrens books.

A couple of my friends think I should go into business for myself with painting things. It's an intresting thought but I'm not ready for that, YET!

Let me know if I can help.

Now I've got to get in there and work in my sons room, I'm thinking I'll paint blue skies with some kind of aircrafts in them. I don't know, we'll see! I'll flip thru some books and get some ideas.

Looks great Lisa! The rooms are so cute. I'm sure lots of people would love to have you paint for them. Sounds like a good business venture to me.

I LOVE these rooms!!! Too, too cool.

My grandpa was an artist, and always had a mural of the mountains and a lake painted on one wall. I've always meant to do that myself, but never owned a house until now.

I can only imagine how long it would take me to do that project, so I won't even think about it at this time, but LOVE how yours came out!! Whoo hooo!

And there is definitely a demand for this sort of thing, if you're up to starting a business. But I think owning your own business can be overrated... It's a lot of hard work, and nothing is guaranteed.

Uh, a lot like life, now that I think about it! lol :D

Thank you , Thank you, Thank you ! I'm having to prop my head up with with my left hand while I type with my right.

I did'nt get to paint in my sons room after all but I did paint on my mail box today.

I'm finding it hard to get motivated for painting my sons walls. Whats wrong with me, I go over board with little girl stuff and am stumped with little boy stuff.

I don't know if girly stuff is easy for me or if I'm trying to give my daughter everything I did'nt get when I was young. I never bought that line till I took a step back and compared my sons room to my daughters. Eves room is plush and Davids room is a normal 6 year olds boys room.

I have this one friend that thinks I spoil Eve, but thats honestly not my goal. This friend is all the time saying things about it. Her little daughters even feel free to say things about Eve being spoiled. I can only imagine that they're repeating what they hear.

Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen or am I blind to the situation?

If having fun with your inner child looks like spoiling your daughter, I say go for it. :D Your daughter will have wonderful memories of it. Your friend may be jealous or wish she did those things for her daughter.

I had two sons and enjoyed doing so many things with them and for them. I like boy things best. You might go toward nature things like trees and stars or jungle things in your son's room. It's not so much of a "boy" thing and might interest you more.

You are doing wonderful things for your children. :D Thanks for sharing.

Lisa - My nephew was just telling me today that he did his son's room like a hunting place. He hung some deer antlers on the wall for him to hang stuff on, put up some pictures like you would see out hunting etc. He said his son absolutely loved it.

Betty

How about a "Motorcycle" theme? I bet you could get your husband involved then.

Hey, do you realize you have a NSV!!!! Painting your kids' rooms...now that's a NSV you're going to enjoy for years to come!:D

Those rooms are adorable!!! I can't believe your little girl has such a beautiful bed. I am sure your kids are equally as spoiled in their own ways. Life will always delve things out differently to each of them. Best wishes, Teresa