Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When does it get better?

Sorry but I can't help but laugh at the back and forth feeling that you're having cccv4. It truly is hell. It does get easier but I will be honest and was one of those that cheated. I didn't go all out with Cookies and chips but ate more than I should. I teased/fussed at the nurse - they've had us on supervised diets with appetite suppressants for months for insurance reasons and make us stop those pills two weeks prior to surfer in conjunction with this super low caloric diet.

It will get easier. Are you allowed Gatorade? That will help keep you feeling a bit better. I drank a lot of Water, tea, and coffee during this time.

@@kimk1999 LOL! it's hell, right?! well, i am happy to say that today is my 4th day in my preop diet and i feel way better than i did the first day or two. i feel that the nights are the worst!!! i try to go to sleep early so that i don't have to deal with the hunger pains. today i am feeling more energy, and after having 2 egg whites yesterday, i was STUFFED! i couldn't believe i was full off of 2 egg whites. it gave me a boost of energy and i can actually see some hope in me not losing my mind over these next 10 days! LOL

I can't say that things are going to just magically get better. For me, food was a huge comfort and something I enjoyed. It was a way to spend quality time with family and friends. So it does mess with your head a lot! Right after I felt like crap, it was frustrating because I had very unrealistic expectations that I'd come out of surgery and be down 40 lbs and be ready to go shopping for new clothes. But after a couple days your body will start healing and finding a new normal. Then you're going to be tested on your own...you will find that you can probably eat any and all food and that's when you need to start controlling your portions. As your band gets tighter, you will want to be eating properly - eating plenty of Protein, chewing your food very well, following the rules (no drinking while eating) and becoming accustomed to living with your band and working with it not against it. Come on this site when you're feeling down and read about the successes and happiness the band brings. There are times I've regretted my band but then I remember what my band has done WITH me. It's helped me learn to eat better, eat less and to become a new person. I've been banded 3 years and I've recently gained weight due to poor choices after getting sick (totally not related to my band) and I've allowed myself to make excuses when I had some Fluid removed. I'm getting back on this train to be friends with my band again because I love my band and I know you'll learn to love yours! Good luck, you will start feeling better soon, promise.

Either everyone here is way stronger than I am, or I am a major cry baby. My question is: when does the pre-op fasting get better? Today is my 1st day and I have never felt to miserable in my life. This is making me wonder what I signed up for. Please tell me that life as a bander will not be this way forever. I'm here sipping on my chicken broth, Protein shake, and just downed a popcicle like it was going out of style. My head is killing me, my thoughts are all over the place, and I'm in an emotional funk. I read posts and people are like, "Today is my 10th day on my fast!" and they sound so encouraged and strong. I feel like sh*t. I'm mad at myself for being overweight and why did I get myself in this in the first place? I'm sad, because I cannot sit and have a happy dinner with my husband. Thank goodness I have a wonderful spouse who supports me. He doesn't furnish food in front of me because he knows how hard this is. I feel like I won't be able to make it to the 2 week mark for my surgery. When does this get better? When is there a light at the end of this tunnel of a hell called liquid diet?

@@DogLover88 thank you for your honesty and transparency. i'm realizing that i am not the only one in this battle, and that many others have gone through this journey already. i'm so thankful i found this site; had i not, i probably would have chickened out on this process or ordered everything on the menu at McDonald's. Lol.

i love your screen name! i'm also a dog lover! look at my baby in my profile pic! another reason i want my health back is so that i can enjoy my life with my furry babies. we don't have kids yet, so my babies are my pups. a wake-up call in my life was when i took my dogs on a hike up to the oaks preserve. the dogs LOVED IT, but my body hated it. i thought to myself, "how much of life am i missing out on because of this?"

The pre op diet is hard. I honestly didn't feel better until the anesthesia and pain meds. I had the worst headache ever the night before surgery. I took phentermine when on pre op diet. It helped take the edge off. I had to take it around 10am for it to last all day.

Ccv4 just wanted to check on you. Preop diet is hard but you got this!! Im cheering for you.

Ccv4 just wanted to check on you. Preop diet is hard but you got this!! Im cheering for you.

Aw! Thank you! I am hanging in there. You guys were right. After Day 4, the physical part gets easier. my stomach is no longer waking me up at all hours of the night. now it has become more of an emotional, mental thing. i cheated last night by having some garlic pretzels. :( i feel like a failure. i weighed myself and have lost 4 pounds since friday. i haven't been drinking the Protein shakes but have been drinking strictly Water (a gallon a day). my surgeon also told me that i can have egg whites!

I think the emotional is the hardest. My poor husband wouldn't eat in front of me, had to wait until I went to bed. Keep us posted I know your gonna do great.

I think the emotional is the hardest. My poor husband wouldn't eat in front of me, had to wait until I went to bed. Keep us posted I know your gonna do great.

i agree! my husband has been not wanting to eat much because he feels bad. i told him that i am fine, and that i am way better now than i was during the first 3 days. we have baseball players living with us and they just arrived, so tonight i am making my husband and his friends a very nice meal!

Screw this. This is BS. I'm starving and I'm miserable. Maybe I'm not cut out for lap band surgery. I'm going to go to the pizza parlor. :(

cccv4, STOP! You've come a long way already. Don't do it. Have something to drink, something small to eat (a piece of fruit? ) and go outside and walk around the block. Give it 20 minutes. You deserve success, and no pizza will do it. If you're miserable, get un-miserable, but please don't make yourself more miserable. Please let us know how you feel in 20 minutes. We are ALL rooting for you!

I just re-read your post before the last one. Are you still entertaining others in your home and cooking for them? OMG, take care of yourself!! That would be so hard! Please take a little break, give yourself some TLC, have something soothing to drink and something small to eat, and wait it out. You can do it! Get out of the house for a change of scenery.

Come on girl, we got this! You got on here for a reason....I was wanting ice cream and instead came on here to read some positives from others. It's not easy but we can do it. You've already gotten this far, you can do it! I'm going for some sugar free Jello now. :)

Screw this. This is BS. I'm starving and I'm miserable. Maybe I'm not cut out for lap band surgery. I'm going to go to the pizza parlor. :(

Thank you. I feel like canceling this altogether. I don't think I've lost weight on the liquid diet and just know I'm setting myself up for failure. I need peace and help.

It's not all about losing weight on the liquid, you're shrinking the fat around your liver. Please don't give up! You've come too far to quit, we all know it's rough and we are here for you.