Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the waiting is the hardest part

Omg everyone says it goes by fast but I am still waiting. I know it's necessary for so many reasons and required by insurance but I am going crazy wishing it was my turn already. Looking at July not June now. I know the day will eventually be here and I will be on here posting a new thread that I will be going in for surgery and months later posting before and after photos. I know that one year later I will be celebrating my one year surgiversary right here with all of you. I know that I will be going through my clothes and throwing out these size 16 and xxlg shirts. The most comforting thing I know is that you all will be here to help me get through this journey successfully! I have friends here who will advise me and guide me with their first hand experience and knowledge. Thank you ahead of time. You all are the bravest greatest most admirable people in the world. You are all truly beautiful people. Thank you

Independence Day awesome! How does everyone know their surgery date so far in advance? I can't even have my blood work done until two months before surgery.

Yes! I was excited that it was Independence day! Haha.

Ive had my date since mid January.

Ive had psych consult, dietician consult, blood work & chest xray. Now just the waiting game!

Had to wait until my private health insurance waiting period was up (June 13th) thus the wait until surgery date!

Where abouts are you?

Las Vegas area. I have 6 months diet and all kinds of requirements Yay

Mine is April 10th. 2014. It should have been in January 2014 but I had to switch Drs for insurance reasons. I started back in Sept 2013. I thought waiting was the hardest part but now that is so close, I think these 2 weeks before surgery are the hardest part, the pre-op diet its soooo hard and the nerves have taken my TOM away this month. Everyday I have more and more doubts so I come here and read success stories so I don;t feel so afraid. But before you know it your time will be here. Good luck on your journey.

Hello everyone and I agree the waiting is a killer I have been waiting since Jan of this year and cant have surgery until May 5 due to the long waiting list for my surgeon but just used this tim to better prepare for your surgery, try out new Protein drinks, exercise, as well as began loosing bad habits. Good luck to you all. I look forward to reading your post ad progress.

i started in the end of january and my surgery wont be until the first of october i cant even do most of my appointments until middle of july

I"m with you all - I HATE this waiting! I started Nov 1 and was immediately approved, but backlog and long wait list first meant May, then July and now possibly October. It's so hard to really believe it will come, and to think about it being here and then past, losing weight and then anniversary. But it helps to read your post affirming those ARE indeed coming! (Someday). Waiting sucks, but feeling utterly hopeless about this would be worse. And YES, I second all you said about such great people on this site, and I really appreciate learning from you all, leaning on the strength offered here, letting go as we all vent and joining in cheering each other on and commiserating when it's a low time. What amazing folks you all are!