Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hey Guy, How is everyone? I just got back for spending a week with my wonderful, beautiful, sweet grandbaby. It was nice to just hold him and help my daughter-in-law out a little.

BUT, on the down side, I NEED A FILL, I have been bad bad bad. Why is it that I have worked so very hard to get where I am, and I know how to eat right, I have been exercising.......get unfilled and my mind is saying "go on, you can eat that NOW" (pizza, hamburgers etc.) I have got to get a grip on this..... have not gained any weight back, but I see it coming soon if I keep this up any longer. Time to get my "silicone sister" involved again. That is why I got her in the first place, to help keep me on track. You know it is hard in some way to admit that you have a bad eating problem, food addiction etc. But I do, it is with me each day, but so is my band.......

Take care all

Laura

Nothing new here. Good restriction, finally back into the mid 170s. That's where I was in December, but I ballooned to almost 200 in March/April when I had the revision.

A couple of pics for today, nothing really new. I think I need to find a new shirt brand, as this one is billowing on the lower back.

post-240658-13813137230542_thumb.jpg

Manatee---I'm not a May 2007 bandster, but I chased you down here. Have you made any posts about your slippage ? I'm interested in reading about your experience--like how you knew it had happened and the process you went through that led you to a revision. If you have a link to any threads, I would love to read about it.

By the way....you really look awesome. I just can't believe you want to lose another 10--where will it come from????

Hmm, it's basically scattered in this thread from Jan to April.

I do have a sort of blog that kinda covers it.

See killthefatman for the posts about the problems (read from the bottom)

Summary: had a fill that was too tight for too long. Thought the rapid weight loss was a good thing. Acid reflux chewed up my esophagus while vomiting forced part of my stomach up through the band. Doc wanted to pull the band entirely, but I said no! Insurance wouldn't pay to replace it because I wasn't morbidly obese anymore (!), and so it was coded as a gastric obstruction and the doc simply removed the band, repositioned everything, and put the same band back on.

It's working fine now, I just have a few extra incision scars.

re: the 10 lbs -- clothes hide a lot of sins :)

I weighed in for the month and guess what? NOTHING changed! I really thought I would see a difference in the scale due to the fact that we were on vacation for a week (yes normally I would gain due to eating out alot etc, but we camped and didn't have access to junk food, Snacks etc) and I ate very small portions (mostly salads and tomatoes with skim mozzarella and fresh fruits/veggies) and snacked VERY little and was quite active but nothing changed. I'm really ticked off...to top it all off, now that i'm down 40#'s I'm getting regular periods (have only had about 3-5 in the past 4 years) and guess what came while on vacation? You guessed it, my TOM (while camping nonetheless) it sucked! Okay, i'm done venting and being negative....there is SOME good to this, I dropped another inch off of my waist and the scale states i'm down in % of body fat (previous to weight loss was 50% according to my scale-not sure how correct this is as it's just a digital scale you stand on, but it has always stated this number consistently and then it had dropped to 48% a couple months ago with the majority of my weight loss but this month it dropped to 47%) so I guess even though I haven't lost i'm less "FAT"...whoo hoo (sarcastic and ticked off) thanks for listening ......or er :blink: reading ..

Nothing new here. Good restriction, finally back into the mid 170s. That's where I was in December, but I ballooned to almost 200 in March/April when I had the revision.

A couple of pics for today, nothing really new. I think I need to find a new shirt brand, as this one is billowing on the lower back.

Manatee, still looking good, you are obviously hanging in there during all of your "trials and tribulations" and making a comeback! Good for you.

I weighed in for the month and guess what? NOTHING changed! I really thought I would see a difference in the scale due to the fact that we were on vacation for a week (yes normally I would gain due to eating out alot etc, but we camped and didn't have access to junk food, Snacks etc) and I ate very small portions (mostly salads and tomatoes with skim mozzarella and fresh fruits/veggies) and snacked VERY little and was quite active but nothing changed. I'm really ticked off...to top it all off, now that i'm down 40#'s I'm getting regular periods (have only had about 3-5 in the past 4 years) and guess what came while on vacation? You guessed it, my TOM (while camping nonetheless) it sucked! Okay, i'm done venting and being negative....there is SOME good to this, I dropped another inch off of my waist and the scale states i'm down in % of body fat (previous to weight loss was 50% according to my scale-not sure how correct this is as it's just a digital scale you stand on, but it has always stated this number consistently and then it had dropped to 48% a couple months ago with the majority of my weight loss but this month it dropped to 47%) so I guess even though I haven't lost i'm less "FAT"...whoo hoo (sarcastic and ticked off) thanks for listening ......or er :blink: reading ..

Maybe I need to up my Protein? Either way, i'm still ticked....grrrrrrrr

How can I eat so little and still not lose an ounce? grrrrrr

Laura...

I think you hit the nail on the head with "addiction". My name is Sue and I am such a food addict! It's the one addition that has too be "controlled", others work by total denial, "just say NO"...but you can't just not eat...grrrrrr! I do my best to eat good stuff, but I still think about food ALL DAY LONG. I'm concidering hypnosis or something!?!

Manatee...

Yep, I love clothes too...don't think I'm ever in danger of becoming a nudist! :sad_smile:

Mischievous1...

Isn't that what it's all about...turning fat into muscle. Just moving the scale leaves you weak & flabby, building muscle makes you strong & healthy.

Sue

Hi everyone,

I haven't been really active on the boards, but I have been lurking and keeping up with everyone over the past year.

I wanted to know if anyone has experienced any heartburn after having a fill. Last week (thursday) I went in for a fill. I had been at 1.9cc and increased only up to 2.1cc. Not a dramatic increase. I didn't feel any different. I could actually eat just as I had before. Didn't even feel like I had gotten any fill. Monday night I began to feel like I had heartburn. It was subtle, but now it seems to be almost constant- to the point that it kept me awake most of last night.

Should I be alarmed? :confused2:

Hey Tami - I had just the same thing happen to me. I went on liquids for a few day just to give my band a rest. My Doc. recommended Prilosec OTC, I used it and it helped. If you are concerned I would talk to your Doc. about it. They need to know what is going on with you. When it first happened with me I did not tell my Doc. Just hoped it would go away. Got another fill and then I developed acid reflux and that was not good. Doc chewed me out and then unfilled me. I have been unfilled for over a month now (not good), no more heatburn or reflux. I go to the Doc next Thursday to get a small fill and see how I do with it. All I can say is "Take care of yourself", heartburn is one of the signs that you are filled to tight.

Laura

Thanks LauraP,

I think the fill had just kicked in. I was feeling tighter and wasn't able to eat much without it coming back up. I went on liquids for a bit and I seem to be doing better. The heartburn has eased up and I am able to eat a little more- of course I have to wait until about 1pm before I can get solid food down. Only liquids- Protein Drinks in the am.

Thanks for your input- I think it eased my nerves a bit.

Tami

Glad to hear you're getting some relief. It sounds like it might turn out to a really good fill! Hope so. :tt2:

Hello all...

Its been a while..and nothing really new to report on this end.. Been very busy with DH being in the hospital. Dr's expect him to be there for about 12 weeks.

On a good note.. after I visit him today I'm off to buy new jeans... the old ones just wont do anymore.. they're worn out and WAY too big! I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror this morning and I look like I'm wearing a potato sack!

Melissa - Good to hear from ya Girl. How is DH doing? And how are your doing? All I can say is GO SHOPPING!!! potatoe sack will just not do it......

I am going for a fill Thursday. I am so ready. This has not been a good month. But in some ways it has been a learning experience just to see how big my food deamons are. No hot dogs for me on the 4TH, it will be Protein drinks and popcycles.

Take care all

Laura

HI folks,

It's been quite a while since I've posted, but I've lurked alot. Just celebrating the 1 year anniversary was amazing to me! While I'm not as far along as I'd like to be, I'm so thankful that I had this done. It's taken forever to get to my sweetspot (I'm at 9 on a 10 cc band) and I've only lost 40 lbs, with ~60 more to go, but some medical problems that interfered with exercising have been taken care of, so I have hopes that this coming year will go more smoothly. I'd like to see a more steady weight drop. I seem to lose a couple of pounds, then remain at a standstill for weeks. Does anyone else lose this way and have you come up with anything to jumptstart the weightloss again? Also, I somehow lost my ticker and haven't been able to get it back in...any suggestions?

Keep working at it!

Keiko