Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hi Mini thanks for your advice, I'm 5'5 and my diet tracker is decieving my goal weight is 130 the119 is the total weight I need to loose. My dotor is over cautions I think. I would love to get him to bump it up to at least 2 cc or 2.25 cc. thanks again, I'll try and talk them into it. Thanks, Sheila

Just be firm with him. I had to be with my doctor. I said, I know my body and I need more of a fill. He was hesitant but he finally complied. I guess I have a medium sized frame and couldn't do 130. I think the lowest I would ever ever ever want to get would be 139 but that wouldn't leave me any wght to loose if I got sick. So 145 I'll be a happy camper!

Blessings,

Weazer

Hi all,

I am just updating....went to doc today. I got my second fill, up to 1.4 ml in a 4ml band. That is what he said anyway. I have only lost 10 lbs in the past 6 weeks but he said that was fine, of course I want it to be more. I have decided to really kick it into high gear, low cal, and lots of exercise. I have gotten a little too comfortable lately. I feel good and clothes fit better so I kind of lost the urgency. Anyone else feel the same??

Maureen

I finally had my appt today and had my dr take a little bit more out. I am now at 1.5cc in a 4cc band. We are hoping that this will allow me to get more food down vs. pbing nearly every meal. I just hope that I don't start to gain. I made my next appt for 2 weeks from now, just in case. If I notice I'm eating like a pig and/or gaining.......Im going back!

Hi Mini, Yep I will be firm. I'll try. My goal of 130 may be a little low. My real goal is to get off all the medication I'm on. So when thtat happens I'll be near my ideal weight.

Thanks again I'll report back next week. Sheila

Hi Metalband, Good Luck with your fill. I know what you mean about urgency when I loose ibs I get a sense of relief and then you let go for a while. I did that a couple of weeks a go and gained 2# back. Now I'm bummed out. So it's back to urgency

Sheila

Hi Tami, I wish there was a magic way to know what we all need for a fill. It's frustrating. I went to a support meeting tonight and someone said if they fill using a fluroscopy they can calculate what the fill shoud be by the rate at which the Fluid empties into your stomach. anyone ever heard of this?

Sheila

Hi all,

I am just updating....went to doc today. I got my second fill, up to 1.4 ml in a 4ml band. That is what he said anyway. I have only lost 10 lbs in the past 6 weeks but he said that was fine, of course I want it to be more. I have decided to really kick it into high gear, low cal, and lots of exercise. I have gotten a little too comfortable lately. I feel good and clothes fit better so I kind of lost the urgency. Anyone else feel the same??

Maureen

Hi Metal

Absolutely. I have gotten really comfortable, especially with smaller size clothes fitting me. I was before trying to drink at least 64 ounces/day. Just realized today that for at least the past week, I was only consciously drinking 16 ounces. And the exercise. Are you kidding me? Not so much. Time for me to really get back in business!

Two weeks ago just got another fill. Up to 2 cm in a 4 cc band. Restriction seems great, really taking my time eating for a change. Think I'm finally getting the hang of it. I did call my doctor though. About a 1 1/2 weeks after my fill I started to have more restriction. Like my morning Protein Shake I really had to take my time and sip. Usually I could just normally drink it. I also was getting heartburn/or acid reflux at night that I could feel a slight burn. I asked my surgeon if I should get some of my last fill out. I don't want to do any damage. He suggested zantac or prilosec to see if that helps. What a difference. That was what was making me so tight in the morning. This morning, I could drink my Protein shake normally. We're going to keep an eye on things and see how it goes. Wish me luck!! I'd like to keep this fill if possible, but also want what's best. Sorry so long winded. See what a glass of wine can do?!!

Cindy

I hope your reflux issue goes away.....I hear that is not fun! Well wishes coming you way. Yes I realized that I am getting a little too comfortable where I am now. Tomorrow I will stay on plan!

For you wine makes you post, for me it is coffee. I have been posting all night because I had coffee at 8:00 pm. Stop me before I post again!!!!!LOL

Hi Metal

Absolutely. I have gotten really comfortable, especially with smaller size clothes fitting me. I was before trying to drink at least 64 ounces/day. Just realized today that for at least the past week, I was only consciously drinking 16 ounces. And the exercise. Are you kidding me? Not so much. Time for me to really get back in business!

Two weeks ago just got another fill. Up to 2 cm in a 4 cc band. Restriction seems great, really taking my time eating for a change. Think I'm finally getting the hang of it. I did call my doctor though. About a 1 1/2 weeks after my fill I started to have more restriction. Like my morning Protein Shake I really had to take my time and sip. Usually I could just normally drink it. I also was getting heartburn/or acid reflux at night that I could feel a slight burn. I asked my surgeon if I should get some of my last fill out. I don't want to do any damage. He suggested zantac or prilosec to see if that helps. What a difference. That was what was making me so tight in the morning. This morning, I could drink my Protein shake normally. We're going to keep an eye on things and see how it goes. Wish me luck!! I'd like to keep this fill if possible, but also want what's best. Sorry so long winded. See what a glass of wine can do?!!

Cindy

I too had a little trouble with heartburn the first couple of days after my last fill and a treatment of prilosec took it right away...I'm happy to see you are feeling better.:whoo:

I hope your reflux issue goes away.....I hear that is not fun! Well wishes coming you way. Yes I realized that I am getting a little too comfortable where I am now. Tomorrow I will stay on plan!

For you wine makes you post, for me it is coffee. I have been posting all night because I had coffee at 8:00 pm. Stop me before I post again!!!!!LOL

LOL, Coffee gets me all fired up too, i'm with you there!!

I had a fill on Wednesday.......today is Friday and I can bearly get even juice down. It took me al day to drink a bottle of juice and I didnt even finish it by last night. I have this golf ball feeling in my chest and when I swallow. I felt soooo bad yesterday that I went home early from work. I tried drinking coffee this morning but it doesnt feel right. I keep needing to burp. I feel like crap....well atleast I am not hungry!

Sandra

255h/242s/187c/165g??

Sheila I sent you the breaker in a PM...if you go to your profile, it should be there. When you log in on the top right it will tell you that you have one and you can get to it from there also. PM=Private Message.

I bought my Spanx on Ebay but that is because I am an eBay seller myself and always look there first!

PS...thank you everyone for your kind words and compliments...I feel better than I have in over 20 years....and I expect to live that much longer!!

I had a fill on Wednesday.......today is Friday and I can bearly get even juice down. It took me al day to drink a bottle of juice and I didnt even finish it by last night. I have this golf ball feeling in my chest and when I swallow. I felt soooo bad yesterday that I went home early from work. I tried drinking coffee this morning but it doesnt feel right. I keep needing to burp. I feel like crap....well atleast I am not hungry!

Sandra

255h/242s/187c/165g??

That does not sound good....you should call your doctor right away. Something is not right and you do not want to do any damage to yourself. This journey is for better health......not feeling like crap.

Please keep us posted and I hope you feel better!