Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

love the before and after pics, love the gown, especially the red with your dark hair, and wow! . . . .your arms are a heck of a lot slimmer. I would show them off too.

My before pics are in my underwear so I can't put them on the web site but I will try and find some fully dressed. Oh, I wore my shirt tucked into my waist band today at church and everyone was saying how much weight I had lost and how healthy and happy I looked . . . I was happy because I can't remember the last time I tucked in a shirt! LOL

Thank you EVERYONE!!

You have truly made my day (at 6:23am..ugh)!!!

I'm not sure I SEE much of a difference in my before and afters... but I FEEL the difference..and my old clothing fits... does that make sense?

I love the dress Melissa! I agree with your wedding being two months away you will probably have to get it taken in some. What a wonderful problem to have!

I had a pretty good weekend. I went hiking which was great fun but very hot towards the end. Yesterday I was hungry all day long. Not head hunger either physical starving hungry. So I ate, I ate healthy but more than I usually do. I am really hoping it was just one of those days and that its not an indication I need another fill. I was able to eat an entire homemade hamburger with two pieces of regular bread this weekend!

Mellissa, All I can say is Honey you look FABALOUS simpley FABALOUSE!!!! I agree with the others, you are going to have to have the dress taken in by the wedding day.

Keep up the good work Girl!!

melissa!

you look amazing! congratulations on your losses! if you dont see it now you will soon! that dress is gorgeous on you and you look so happy.

kudos!

Melissa,

You are beautiful! Just beautiful! The weight loss will just be the iceing! You hubly must be so proud!

Blessings, Weazer

Hello Amazing Bandsters Looks like everyone is doing well. I have not been on in a while so I wanted to check in to see how everone was doing. I think it might be time for me to get another fill. Don't know about yall, but I tend to get a little discouraged. Then I will check the scale and it moves down. All of my clothes fit comfortably now so I must have been really squeezing into them. I can honestly say that I feel better now then I have in a long time.

I have had one fill and since then I have at least one problem per day sooo today back to bandster rules!!! Small bites, chew, chew, chew some more and eat slow!!! It worked, I do not know what I was doing wrong, maybe all of it but I started to feel bulimic!

I had a great compliment from a neighbor who barley speaks English, she said "you have gone down some" and I looked puzzled so her husband clarified with she means you have lost weight! It was nice hear!

Cheers

Maureen

Morning!

Maureen, how kind of your neighboor to say something about your weight loss! That must have been such a big encouragement!

Hi Michelle,

Don't get discouraged, just think, 30lb! That is wonderful. It is nice to wake up each morning and not have to squeeze into your cloths! I love the fact that I am getting to wear cloths that I havn't worn in so long. I slipped on a tank top this morning and needed something to wear over it for work...usually I would grab like a button down blouse to wear over it. This morning I grabbed one of my old real thin suit jackets and it slipped right on. It's even back in style after like ten years! These little NSV's really make my day. I just can't believe it. I am really going to be skinny. I am sure that we are all going to have to learn how to deal with the attention. I have noticed that men are actually greeting me now..yesterday..a sheriff that was sitting in the hall gaurding a patient winked at me and smiled real big. I am not used to that. So it will take some getting used to. One day soon there will be no fat to dissapear behind.

Well, yesterday I had Breakfast and lunch with no problem. I barfed my guts up trying to eat dinner. I tried three different things. I really did PB about 6 times. I am still feeling shakey and afraid to eat breakfast. It has been 2 wks since my fill and it does seem to really kick in after 2 wks for me. I am going to stick to Soup today. I really was miserable last night.

Well, blessings all!

Weazer

Everyone of us is doing great!!! We have come a long way. I have only had one fill in June...about a month after being banded I still have good restriction....occasionally I will have food get stuck.....or PB!! I get hungry at lunch...and dinner I eat a little something...but not really that hungry. I am loosing about 10 lbs a month so I am happy with that. Sometimes I wonder if I should get a fill...maybe speed up the process!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/194c/165g

Sandra,

Ten pounds a month is just great with only one fill. I would stick with that until your weight loss slow's down. But, only you can make that dicission. I am going to stick with this 3rd fill for awhile I believe. Unless my restriction suprises me and dissappers. It's not fun getting food stuck..so doing like you are would be a dream for me. I still havn't weighed and I just can wait until Monday the 1rst day of October to weigh in. That will be just over a month and a couple days since my fill. I hope I don't get disappointed! I pray it will be 10 pds less...grrrr

Weazer

Weazer - sorry to hear about your problem with PB lastnight. Hope it gets bettet today. I have had a few of thoses episods. I usually take it easy for at least 24 housr afterwards. Stick to soft food. Like you, my fills seem to kick in after 2 weeks. Hang in there.

Maureen - I know what you are talking about. Why is it we forget the rules and have to learn them AGAIN the hard way. I bet it gave you a boost to hear that from your neighbor.

Yep I have learned....that if something gets stuck.....I got to go throw up!!! Then I dont just throw up once.....its usually 3 or4 times till its all done. After that.....every meal gets stuck. So after I have one of those episodes I will have Soup or soft, mushy food for the next day and eat and drink cold stuff. I guess after throwing up I have swelling wich sticks around for a day or so. After that I just start all over w/ the rules!!

Sandra

255h/242s/194c/165g

Yes it is nice when someone notices and actually comments! I know it was a topic on here somewhere before about the people that notice, you know they notice and for whatever reason they do not say anything.....I hate that! I will always comment because I know how hard it they worked to lose it!

I feel bad about feeling so good on Sept 11th....We must never forget!

The fiance complemented me tonight saying... WOW.. I can really tell that you've lost alot of weight (while I was getting changed) ... but then he said a real sh*thead comment..... I have a sunflower tattooed above my belly button.. got it when I was 18..pre motherhood.. it looked damn cute in its day.. but then I gained 80 lbs while pregnant and it all went to hell...

anyhow... he said.. thats starting to look more like a sunflower rather than a footprint.

Hmmm... wonder how comfortable he'll be on the COUCH! HA!