Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shingles? Possibly?

Yep, I'm sure it wasn't chicken pox. I know, shingles are unusual for children. Fortunately I don't remember it (I was 2 or 3 years old at the time), but apparently I had shingles, rubella, and impetigo all at the same time! At least, that was the diagnosis.

Got my meds ( thank you, Jesus!) and it is shingles. Will take vaccine after I am well

If you are over 55 and your Dr will give it, get it!'

Some people have symptoms worse than others. I am wishing you a mild case and prayers for a quick recovery!

Some people have symptoms worse than others. I am wishing you a mild case and prayers for a quick recovery!

Thanks so much!!

The new standards for the vaccine has changed from 60 years old to 50 years. Old. You can get the shot at Rite Aid or Walgreens

IF your Dr will give you a prescription. Mine wouldn't til 60 :(. Changed des yesterday. :((

Got my shingles vaccine this morning.

I am SOOO jealous!!! :)

My insu won't pay for shingles vacc. Two years ago I had them on the right side of my face dangerously close to my eye. My whole face swelled up. That gancylivir did nothing. My best results was lysine.

It is well worth the $200 for the shot. If you wait til you get shingles like a friend did, it is horrible. Google shingles and read about the symptoms, and lasting effects.

Yes Linda. I would jump at that but finances aresuper tight

I can understand that. My friend had no insurance and could not get the shot. She would rather work sick than stay home. This really sidelined her in bed 2 weeks. Hopefully things will get better for you. My husband has so many neurological problems and his Medicare/insurance would not cover it either. We just had so many people around us getting shingles I wondered if it was "catching". I am saying a prayer for you for better days ahead, Linda

Is shingles at all related to having WLS? I had a suspected bout with them a few months ago and I as far as I know have no immune problems and am healthy at 141 lbs, 5'4. I could not for the life of me figure out why I got them, since I was only 40 at the time and I associate it with "older" people....